No announcement yet.

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine and it's a great laugh, shame i'm not too good at golf, but meh, they're excellent games and deserve my money.

roll on Advance Tour and Mario Tennis, woo-woo

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man
      Where's my bloody copy DVDBO??? ft:

Everyone stop saying how good it is or i'll explode
      Have you had a confirmation that its been despatched yet? I only ordered mine yesterday morning but still haven't had confirmation that its been sent.

Wonder if they're out of stock?

Comment

Mine was shipped last tuesday (apparently) ........ hence the frustration.

Comment

Sorry H-Man...

Well I'm njoying it more and more now. As others, I've opened up 4 courses (game really starts to show itself once you get the 3rd imo) and also have 4* characters now amongst other odds and sods.

It's also very fast as it were, well compared to T.W.'03. You can fly through 18 holes very quickly or just jump into one of the challenges, which is great as far as I'm concerned.

Finally got to grips with the short putting which was driving me mad. It's just really good fun and some of the course and general design is great and typical Nintendo. Can't wait to see some of the later courses...

Comment

Ah sorry to hear that. Have you tried contacting them?

Guess it doesn't bode well for me either

Comment

Standard airmail delivery from DVDBO usually takes 7-9 days. I would imagine you'll get your game tomorrow or the next day at the latest.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
                The best bit is doing the power shots and getting the "nice shot" message which means your supply of power shots doesn't decrement (press b before shot to switch to the red power bar)
                That's exactly the same as my old GBC Mario Golf!

If the "nice shot" message is still as satisfying as it was on the GBC, this is surely a must-have game

Comment

Getting on well now, after some serious frustration on the Blooper course. I've managed to unlock Peach' invitational and I would have won it were it not for a triple bogey on the 18th
                  What do the "best badges" do though? I've got nearly all of them on Lakitu cup and about 35+ in total do they unlock things?

Comment

Originally posted by PH
                    Standard airmail delivery from DVDBO usually takes 7-9 days. I would imagine you'll get your game tomorrow or the next day at the latest.
                    But some poeple have said, in this thread, that it's arrived in 3 or 4 days as it's sent from Belgium. Thats why oredered from them... grrr.

Also it doesn't look like the specify their stock level.... that's a bit crap innit?

Comment

Originally posted by jabberwock1977
                      But some poeple have said, in this thread, that it's arrived in 3 or 4 days as it's sent from Belgium. Thats why oredered from them... grrr.
                      I think they re-ship from Belgium (sometimes Sweden??)

Everytime i've ordered something from them its taken 7-9 days once i'd recieved the shipping confirmation email.

Comment

I am loving this - in no way could you call me a golf fan, but I'm completely addicted! My partner is a more than a little unimpressed and refuses to play with me ft: so I'm making my way through the tournaments at the moment.

I really like the quality of the characters - really good animation on the bogey, par results etc. I just wish Camelot had done a few more variations as you end up seeing the same animation time and again.
                        How are the other characters unlocked? Do you just have to complete the tournaments, or is it something to do with the character badges?

Comment

Originally posted by v3rtigo
                          I am loving this - in no way could you call me a golf fan, but I'm completely addicted! My partner is a more than a little unimpressed and refuses to play with me ft: so I'm making my way through the tournaments at the moment.
                          I have the same problem, wtf? its golf ferchrissakes.

If it had monkeys in balls in it she'd be playing it.

nnnnnnnngh-DUH!

Comment

Originally posted by PH
                            Originally posted by jabberwock1977
                            I think they re-ship from Belgium (sometimes Sweden??)

Everytime i've ordered something from them its taken 7-9 days once i'd recieved the shipping confirmation email.
                            Oh pants, maybe i should cancel. Anyone know anyone who could get it to me quicker for a similar price?

I might try goblin, though they say 2-5days. What does this mean? Before i get it or before they get it.

Sorry for such dull posts but I've never ordered imports before and need some pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by rgraves
                              Originally posted by tyler
                              (though I wish you could disable Auto-Swing)
                              Eh? Does nobody reads manuals/do tutorials anymore? You just use B at the top of your swing to disable it. How could it 'B' any easier
                              Yeah I know that but its easy for someone to press A again instead of B and then get a 'free' good shot. Thats all.

Unlocked 6 courses now (I think thats it) but no characters (how?)

Comment

Go to character matches in the single player mode - some characters will have a little letter floating over their picture, that means hey want to challenge you, if you beat them you unlock the Star version of that character

Still not figured out what those best badges do though.... gonna try and collect all of 'm on lakitu cup tonight and see if that unlocks something

Comment

Working...
                                X