No announcement yet.

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goblin Games have their pre-orders shipped.

So have CAGames, so woo, tomorrow for me.

Comment

Does this game have a TW'03-style analogue stick swing, or is it old-school button timing?

For me, TW was a little too much about judgement and not enough about skill. It was just too easy to hit straight. For me, a golf game is nothing without the odd shocker into woodland, with your mates pissing themselves laughing at you. After a few ales of course.

Comment

It's old school button pressing

Comment

It's the normal 2 or 3 click swing with some pretty complex 'hit zone' and multiple levels of top and backspin thrown in. Sounds great.

I'm really not a fan of the analogue swing system either, it would probably be pretty awkward on the cube stick, the octagonal shape around the edge of the stick area wouldn't help either.

Comment

any confirmation about freeloader yet? i figured it would be next to un-playable without any onscreen displays/text.

Comment

That's only for Japanese/English cube mixups where it tries to draw text in the consoles native font isn't it? US copy should be fine on a PAL cube with freeloader.

This site's got a good freeloader compatibility list, no entry for mario golf yet but the vast majority, if not all US games seem to work fine on a UK machine with FL 1.06b.

Comment

Got my copy this morning and its great. Goblin have pulled their finger out again, that's two games (this and F-Zero) that I have got within a few days of release.

Mostly been playing the ring challenge (damn it gets tough) and the new coin game where you collect as many coins as you can.

Not radically different from the N64 version, but it does introduce a new system of adding spin to the ball which works well once you get used to it. The title screen movie is good too, featuring Bowser in his little Mario World flying thingy.

Comment

I received mine today also from Goblindirect \^_^/

Like most people say, it doesnt seem remarkably different to the first which will please fans of the original (like me). Ive only played one tournament so far, which I won, but it looks promising with lots to unlock.

Comment

Aye, it's a top game - the Mrs and I have played it most of the afternoon. Got a couple of star players going and have played a few mini-games - Mario Golf is good, clean fun. I was a bit taken by the graphics too, they're seriously good quality throughout.

Glad to be playing as Koopa again too, he is a geezer if ever there was one And Peach has great legs

Did you guys know about Super Top/Back spin too? Not hard to work out, but I didn't see it in the tutorials or the manual...

Originally posted by spoiler
                    You get top/back spin using double presses or A or B - e.g. AA or BB with manual. Instead of double-tapping A or B, use A then B or vice versa for Super-spin - e.g. AB or BA with manual.
                    ...I'm tempted to grab Mario Gold Advance to try the link options; I liked the ones from Tennis on the N64, so it is probably worth a shot

Comment

Bugger, mine didn't come on Friday or Saturday, damn you Imortmadness and you're refusal to send it by courier when asked and paid
                      (I've asked them for the tracking number but they keep fobbing me off with rubbish- so it's obviously been sent via airmail)

Well, there's always tomorrow.

Comment

Notch another satisfied Goblin customer here.. Would of got it on Thursday apart from no-one being available to sign for it.

Got it Saturday and it is great!

Best bit for me so far is watching Luigi strut his stuff on the character selection screen..

Comment

Mine should be hear on Monday morning hopefully. I heard that if your ball goes in the sand, when you put it out some Pikmin fly out.

Comment

Gah, cancelled my DVDBO order as it's not been shipped which most likely means no game for a month. ImportMadness seem to be especially poor with delivery times too lately.

Can anyone recommend me somewhere to get a US Mario Golf for under ?40 or will I be forced to become a GoblinMember?

Comment

Got mine from dvdboxoffice this morning...sent via Blgium...but now I'm at work

Comment

Originally posted by Fire
                                Gah, cancelled my DVDBO order as it's not been shipped which most likely means no game for a month. ImportMadness seem to be especially poor with delivery times too lately.

Can anyone recommend me somewhere to get a US Mario Golf for under ?40 or will I be forced to become a GoblinMember?
                                tronix?

Comment

Working...
                                X