No announcement yet.

John Woo Presents Stranglehold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was trying to convince the missus to turn off Auto Tequila Time and Auto Aim last night but failed.

Can't help but think she would've enjoyed it more if she had total control over everything, as with these things on its a literal 'Press forward and hold right trigger affair'.

I bloody love it though, bit stuck on Kowloon Slum level (best rain stage since GoW btw) but its perfect dumb shooty stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
      I saw a poster ad in a Blockbusters' window yesterday offiering the Hard Boiled Collector's Edition DVD free when you buy Stranglehold.
      Yea I got it free with mine, its the newer print uncut so was suprised

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor View Post
        flipping hard boiled mode is, to be polite, ever so slightly broken, the boat sinking section has some snipers on it and on the other levels they do a fair amout of damage as sniper weapons should.
        However on hard-boiled they become super humun robosnipers able to target you despite not being able to see you so the minute you slow mo move out of cover or dive you get shot once and die.
        Very frustrating.
        Multi is odd and complete carnage with 4 plus players debris bullets and swearing .
        I found that boat bit broken on Hard m8, its the only bit I didnt get on with in the entire game I got stuck and had to suicide when getting stuck on the railings and falling into some rocks as well and I got shot instantly and died if I went around the back (shot me thru a cliff face ffs!). Its the only section I could see that has an infinite spawn as well.

Comment

And it's here

Should be online in a while if anybody fancies trying out MP !

Comment

I am up for some Yoshi, ping us an invite when you get it set-up.

Comment

Go on then, I'll brave this - again.

Comment

nice one be about at 8:30ish !

Comment

Okay, fair enough, I know I was vehemently against the Single-Player in this (and I still am!), however, the MP part of this is a cracking good laugh.

Messer, Yoshi and Mardigan last-night diving around like some mass-Matrix Subway re-enactment, superb stuff; gunfire everywhere, slo-mo diving into each other, guns blazing. Then, usually someone standing over pumping bullets into both of us and making their escape.

There are a few bugs though; loading times are pish, takes far too long for it to go in and come out of game and as happened in one of our matches, some bloke not being able to pick up any weapons at all.
                  Last edited by Bleeders; 21-09-2007, 08:14.

Comment

How was funny was that last night with him going "Ah, I cant pick up any weapons", queue trying to find him for an easy kill

Agreed, they were some immense games last night, the Museum is my favourite map by far with the Dinosaur in the middle for you to run up and slide down, brilliant stuff. Best moment last night on the water town map... me sliding down a zip line with Bleeders to the left emptying his assault rifle into my face, about half way down I pick up the rocket launcher, aim while still sliding down the zip line and BOOM, Bleeders goes flying into the water and I get 9.0 for my zip line dismount great stuff. Some other great stuff with 3 of us diving about a tiny room pissing ourselves laughing firing in all directions and grenades going off in faces. The SP may be hum drum normal but the live is a great laugh.

Am also actually gettin on ok with the SP stuff. Finished up to Chapter 4 and it was quite fun. Absolute madness with stuff going off everywhere but when you get a couple of ncie moves together it feels quite good. Getting traded for Halo 3 for sure but it has filled a nice gap.

Comment

Fantastic - it's no long term proposition multiplayer sure but by Christ I haven't laughed so much in a long time - Some of the best ragdolling (VERY GoW) I've seen for ages - bodies being pushed over bannisters by pump-action shotgun force, grenades, rockets, policemen - pure carnage absolutely loved it.

I played to about 50% through level 2 SP and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would - familiarity with the demo meant level 1 was a breeze and I was actually using cover more than ever (primarily to bump up the style meter).

Loving it - it might wear off sooner rather than later but for now I'm well chuffed

And like Akira said the menu is a thing of utter beauty.

Comment

Aye, the rag-dolling is quite funny. Remember being respawned at one point and seeing Yoshi's rozzer fall from the height of the museum stage to the cold, marble floor below accompanied with the appropriate yelp from the character.

Comment

One fo the funniest things I seen was in the museum map, watching everyone run round the banister round the top balcony and try to grab on to the hanging dinosaur thing so they could swing across and grab the rocket launcher, but missing it and just falling all the way down, hialrious stuff.

Also, Yoshi after killing me in one of the games the momentum from his dive carries him forward so his characters head goes right between the legs of my characters limp body. Forget T-Bagging, Yoshi went muff diving to taunt after his kill

I am moving through Chapter 5 in SP just now and the levels seem to be getting better and better, so many great little tricks to each of them. The action is all samey for sure but its still good fun.

Comment

I enjoyed level 1, but found level 2 to be REALLY boring, long and samey. Level 3 looks a lot better though so I'll keep going

I couldn't believe it when the

helicopter

section started and then when it was over, I couldn't believe there was yet another section!!! Oh and then ANOTHER one!!

Comment

Yeah, i found level 2 (after the

helicopter

bit) to be the single most frustrating, mind numbingly boring chore of a level i've played in a game for a loooong time (since Max Payne's dream sequence). I hear the game picks back up after level 2 though, so here's hoping.
                              Am also loving the ragdoll physics on this, adds an element of satisfaction when you shoot someone in the face and they go spiralling over a bannister and onto the jagged rocks below
                              Wouldn't mind giving MP a go with some of you guys, so if you're planning another session, add me to your friends list if i'm not already
                              Last edited by Oh_Mutants; 21-09-2007, 11:03.

Comment

I don't like the snipers by the way...you can headshot them with precision mode and it doesn't always kill them. That's bull**** right there. I'm only playing on normal as well. The irony is that if you get a headshot from distance just from normal shooting that can do them in one...

Comment

Working...
                                X