FIFA 08 demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
    Id try the PC one but i dont have a controller i can use, and id assume keyboard would be useless.
    If you have a 360 wired controller m8 that will do the job just nicely as you can get the driver from ms downloads

Comment

i like

That pro camera mode is excellent it's like playing a different game - didn't even bother with the "usual" camera after that. 5 v 5 online with that camera could be fantastic.
      Last edited by Yoshimax; 15-09-2007, 09:15.

Comment

I'm still undecided about this. No doubt it's probably the best Fifa game but i have to agree with it feeling a bit floaty. I've never liked the shooting on Fifa games, the ball always seem to curl too much.

Another thing i've noticed, why do the player models seem to get worse year on year? Puyol looks like a caveman on this game.

Comment

I think the ball moves damn realistically tbh. To see it in action, just experiment with a player on the main screen where you're in the arena thing with just the keeper. Try different types of shot and timing for hitting the ball and I think its spot on. I'm just not sure how that translates in to the game itself though.

Comment

Yeah it does move pretty good but I hate the game. I just cant get on with footie games anymore these days, thats why I still play Fifa 05 which is the most enjoyable of the lot I think.

You dont get any time on the ball and the passing just feels way off and too slow and relaxed, I find it hard to make any decent fast attacks.

Maybe I just suck at modern football games, but I rarely enjoy them at all now.

Comment

Originally posted by glazza View Post
              If you have a 360 wired controller m8 that will do the job just nicely as you can get the driver from ms downloads
              Would it be possible to get a link to the drivers? I've tried before to find them, with no success.

Thanks.

Comment

Out of the 15+ games i've played, i must've scored 2 goals (1 of them was an own goal to boot!) and conceded a shed-load in the proceedings. Which only exacerbated my initial disappointment...
                It plays slower than UEFA Champions League 2007 (and that played slower than FIFA 07) so, it took a little adjustment to get going.

Definitely feels tough for semi-pro difficulty, which i'm assuming is the default difficulty. As you are not really given time and space, anywhere. Plus outrunning defenders is really a no-no in most situations. Since they will eventually catch you up.

Then i played it differently, and not trying to play 'winning 11' style, and my game improved, where i'm looking for sensible passes to find space. You can't 'ping' the ball like you can on WE11/ PES. Which is where i think most of the critisism of the passing lies, where many felt the passing is too slow.
                I'm not conceeding as many goals, but still haven't managed to improve my goal ratio.

I really like the new trick stick, with it's create-a-trick stylings, and love to upload (when it's available in the final game) my replays.

I'll still buy this, since it offers something a little different to PES 2008

Comment

Some videos of what can be achieved with the 'skill stick'
                  very nice!

This is amazing footage of Ronaldinho doing tricks in FIFA08 NG PS3, FIFA is back!

skills used within a match:
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

So is anyone getting this, this week?
                    Ive been a die hard PES since the first one on the PSone. But fifas caught my eye this year, seems pretty feature packed(online leagues etc) compared to PES.
                    Hmm will have to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X