No announcement yet.

Skate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet again, another of the best public Live sessions ever. Everyone (only really US guys playing at the mo) was really friendly and a totally hilarious set of spot battles ensued. Learnt a few things too, like how to nail the X-games ramp so will have to give that a go tomorrow. Buy this game. nn all.

Comment

Got this coming tomorrow, don't know where it will fit in the scheme of things with Halo 3, but I loved the demo - and I don't really like these type of games!

Comment

Don't worry, you can play it for 10 mins just to do a challenge, or for 2 hours to just skate around. The choice is yours. Add my gamertag if you get this game all.

I also tried the online deathracing (go through glowing gates - don't miss 3 - finish before others) last night. It's fun enough to play, but doesn't have the same atmosphere as spot challenges - no one chats or laughs if you stack right in front of them.

Comment

Hopefully I'll have this today (fingers crossed), so I'll add you later- definitely up for some spot battles.

Comment

you wont if you ordered from gameplay

mine didn't

anyway from being a skater on and off for a long time this game has the style flow and attitude of skateboarding completely spot on and is highly anticipated probably more than halo 3 was.

Comment

Yep, ordered from Gameplay and it's not here yet. Bumholes.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Still can't get enough of this. Fully addicted. I'm now a pro skater and the challenges are getting pretty tough. I'm having trouble flipping out of a manual and landing back into one. Takes me 10 or so attempts each time. Any tips anyone?
                I'm only playing the demo but pretty much have this nailed now. The trick is to learn that thumb position for the manual, I kept finding I was pulling back waaaaay too far. Just pull it back a very small amount, and get used to how it feels to hold it there as you manual around the park. After a little while you can get that 'place' really easily.

If you mean you're finding the flip hard, then I dunno really, I just do the same as I normally would, just a bit quicker. If you get it out faster (steady!) I believe you go a little higher, and it gives you a bit more time to find the manual spot.

Comment

The postie has been ad gone for me, and no skate either...
                  i ordered from GAME.

Oh well, back to the demo for me :/

Comment

Thanks for the tips babs. That's kinda what I'd been figuring out - do the flick out of the manual quicker. I'm now stuck on a challenge where I have to 360 flip into a FS grind. I can do the 360 flip on the flat but whenever I try and do it towards the grind box, I do a varial heelflick instead Like every time. Review is written so should be up in the next couple of days.

Comment

Just booted up the full game for the full time. What a great game! So much fun just travelling around and grind of kerbs and coffin'ing down steep hills. Not anything near being very capable at it but I can see myself playing this for a looonnnnnggg time.

Comment

As a lover of physics playgrounds and skateboard games I'm all over this.

It's 720 for the 2k's I tell ye

Comment

Team Up. Thrown Down. The award-winning SKATE franchise returns to break new ground with SKATE 3. It's up to players to build the ultimate team and change the face of the city.

finally managed to get to my vids after almost smashing the EA site into pieces.

Comment

flipping heck this is as good as it gets, got it today and saw yoshimax and a few others online with it.
                            Few minutes later myself and a few forumuites are laughing and joking while mucking about.
                            Ea online usually equals ****e but in this case it really is superb.
                            Hats off to EA (and thats the first time i have ever said that) an absolutely sublime game.
                            Special mention to the way the game handles lag rather than jerk about all over the place it goes into slow motion so the flow of the game is not interupted that much. Good effort.
                            Anyone who buys hawk instead of this needs their head examined.

Comment

made my mind up and decided to get this instead of sega rally, just been having a mess around with it.
                              done a couple of challenges, and took my first photo. but i'm not too sure what i'm doing now.
                              i just went off exploring, and got totally lost, shouldnt have gone so far. seems nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor View Post
                                flipping heck this is as good as it gets, got it today and saw yoshimax and a few others online with it.
                                Few minutes later myself and a few forumuites are laughing and joking while mucking about.
                                Ea online usually equals ****e but in this case it really is superb.
                                Hats off to EA (and thats the first time i have ever said that) an absolutely sublime game.
                                Special mention to the way the game handles lag rather than jerk about all over the place it goes into slow motion so the flow of the game is not interupted that much. Good effort.
                                Anyone who buys hawk instead of this needs their head examined.
                                Aye, it was top fun. Nice to see they've put some thought into the online and added quite a good variety of games too, even just pissing around in the lobby was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X