No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be honest, there are 3 moments I'm DREADING on Veteran.

1. Ghillies in the mist, from the

sniper shot

to the end.
    2. No Fighting in the war room, grenade city!
    3. The very very last bit of the game, tried it early, got my ass handed to me.

...oh and mile high club of course.

Comment

The hard points on veteran for me where in order of hardest -

1 - No Fighting in the War Room - both tunnels (time wasn't an issue)
      2 - Ferris Wheel Part
      3 - Escape from the Barn in 3.40
      4 - TV station ground floor

The rest wasn't that difficult to be honest

Comment

Have to say, the only bit I struggled with on Normal, which is going to give me major concern on Veteran is

the bit where you're escaping after sniping that guy in Chernobyl. For the longest time I was stuck there until I decided to just run past everyone and hey presto "checkpoint".

Can't see me being able to survive long enough to do a runner on Veteran

Comment

The TV station was (strangely) the only bit I got stuck on, on my first playthrough on Normal! Guess I'm getting raped on Veteran then.

I just couldn't find a safe way to do it, always getting done by (numerous) stray grenades! My team seemed to do bugger all on that level.

Chris, that was the only other big I struggled on as well. Couldn't seem to find where I was going and they came at me from every angle...in the end I sniped most of them then legged it, but I only found the "exit" by luck. Hopefully on Veteran cos I know where I'm going I'll be able to cope.

Comment

My method was

Run to the far right corner then flash bang the guys near the photocopier and run there, peer and shoot from round the corner. Worked second time for me

Comment

Finished the game its amazing, blah blah blah but trying Mile High Club on vet right now and its just ****ing broken. Your guys literally kill no-one and it's left completely up to yourself. I could do it if I have another 10, maybe 5 seconds on the timer, but 1 minute is just wayyyy to quick!

Pissing me right off now. have been trying it for an hour and a half, just kept going over and over. Waste of time, dunno why I bother!

Comment

I'm still really enjoying this on vet, just did Ghillied Up, classic videogame level that. Really awesome.

Apart from that bit with loads of guys running at you, which was annoying.

Comment

Im stuck on no fighting in the war room. Im fine after I get downstairs clear that room out perfect now but when I get around the corner to the section with pipes and two entrances I cant get any further if I try to move towards em I just get killed from one side or the other. Been at it for 3hours and it pees me off as I cant bump another checkpoint till its clear

Edit I reloaded the entire level gunned it down and got down to stairs in just under 8mins to timer and about 6-7mins for the two tunnel. Noticed soon as I hit the beginning of the area Im stuck at with the two tunnels it now started a checkpoint. Im enjoying it now I have a checkpoint closer
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2007, 17:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                    Finished the game its amazing, blah blah blah but trying Mile High Club on vet right now and its just ****ing broken.
                    It aint broken, you just havent trained enough!

Comment

The difficulty level is actualy really all over the place on Veteran, most of the game isnt that hard yet every so often you get to a part which is virtualy impossible without a bit of luck.

Comment

Veteran is weird, it really highlights the set piece nature of the game the repsawning enemies and teammates is really apparent.

Comment

I've just bought a copy of this on ebay, and paid twice by accident

\\o team retard for the win

Comment

Well after a bad start i'm loving this game now

Can anybody tell me how far through i am..

I've just completed the level where you rescue the women from the helicopter

Thanks

Comment

Finished it Last section is brutal on Veteran but I sussed it in the end. I gave mile high a quick go on veteran but as its not really the ending I just went back did it on hard and thats that (cant be arsed for 20 gamerpoints will take hours!).

Loved the game completly from start to finish. I cant see me ever playing on Veteran again as its uneven. Theirs some great sections and then you come up against ubergods what can see you around corners and soon as you move bam dead. Same with the spawn monkeys early on for checkpoint that nearly put me off as I had to run to an area in a big room and trigger a checkpoint to stop the spawning otherwise Id be their now. The storys too good way too good (prob best Ive ever played on a FPS shooter) to have these chokepoints for hours so as for me its spoiled it a tiny bit (I enjoyed the challenge but you forget what the actual story was after 4hours on one bit).

I can saftely say I only really got stuck on two points one very early on (one where theirs a big room with computers and 2 RPG guys above) and right near the end with those two tunnels. I didnt feel I got stuck on the Ferris section as I enjoyed it so much and it wasnt an infinite spawn to bug me (as its a countdown timer for chopper).

Its taken me 18+ hours to do it as well but boy what a game. Multiplayer FTW now
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2007, 20:26.

Comment

Frustrated the hell out of me in a few areas, but having just finished it on Hard...one of the best first person shooters ever. Some of the set pieces are just mind-blowing, real jaw on floor moments.

I really liked Halo3 and thought Bioshock was incredible, but CoD4 is one of the slickest, most polished and expertly made games I've played in a very very long time. Great job IW.

Comment

Working...
                                X