No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are much less respawning enemies in CoD4, in fact I don't remember coming across any and being able to actually clear certain areas before advancing enemy free, and its Veteran is easier than 2 and 3's.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
      But, have you done the real challenge... Completed the game on Veteran? Kudos to you if you've done that aswell.

I myself is in the middle of trying, I've completed the first act and prologue, but some levels seems insane. - I really need some tips for completeing the one were your defending the giant hill, and have to fall back to the barn to take out the tanks with the jaugernaut. Then it gives you a few minutes to run back through hundreds of the gits to the evac point. It's impossible!
      Not yet yet (but I will!). But get this I am am old git, my son (24) and brother (36) can't beat me, even with ****ty weapons (I am 49). My son is very good, my brother is crap.

In all my years of gaming since the 70T's COD4 is the only game I have played for this length of time (maybe Super Mario Kart might beat it, but that was the only one)

Comment

Malc - have you made it back to the barn?

I hid in the shed with the exit to the other field. Locked on and destroyed two of the tanks as they came down the hill, before they got into position, while watching out for approaching bad guys. With the other two I think you can lock on from cover and just poped out to take a shot (more luck than anything).

With the run down the hill, I cut through the field to the right (through the shed), dropped a airstrike at the bottom of the field , stayed on the right, dropped an airstrike on the downed chopper, then cut across to the building where the detonators were, jumped out of the top floor window and then legged it straight down the hill.

Veteran is hard but not impossible. Respawning didn't seem so evident in the SAS levels and flashbangs are an essential piece of kit.

Comment

Yes, once I got back to the barn and then had to push back is where i'm stuck. But i'll try your solution and report back the results.

Thanks dog!

EDIT: Well, I managed to complete the level on Veteran. But i'm now stuck on 3 last levels 'till I get all the achievements: "One shot, one kill", the tunnels one, where you have to type in the code to disarm the bombs and it gives you a time to do it in. And the Epilogue mission.

There all bloomin hard!
          Last edited by Malc; 19-04-2008, 18:17.

Comment

Well, I completed it yesterday all on veteran; it was insane some of the levels, especially the sniper sections. But i've now completed it with all the achievements!

I spent an hour or two last night constantly trying the mile high club level. In the end when I did get to the hostage I shot him in the head by accident. Second time I hit the enemy in the leg; said I failed..? What?! Then I did it again, and then understood the quote. Then fourth time I got him!
            Last edited by Malc; 21-04-2008, 13:42.

Comment

4 TIMES?!?!!

I nearly cried when I missed the first time, done it second though to much relief.

Comment

It was annoying yes, but the thrill of playing the level with the SAS kept me going.

After revisiting the single player mode i realised i forgot how amazingly atmospheric the game was. I can't wait for COD6 now!

Comment

Yeah it was awesome doing Mile High Club just beacause is was such a short level that required every step and shot to be perfect. They should have released more short quick levels like that. Would be cool.

Comment

New Maps for PS3 a week Early !

Variety Map Pack for Call of Duty 4 on PS3 will be available worldwide this Thursday ?5!

Comment

Although I own the 360 version, it is nice to see how well it runs on the PS3 and the support and content IW give it. Rather than the crap that Valve gives to the orange box.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                        4 TIMES?!?!!

I nearly cried when I missed the first time, done it second though to much relief.
                        I having much difficulty just getting to the hostage on veteran.
                        Always get up to the second floor, then just die from the amount of enemies.

Comment

Flashbangs are your friend; flash and clear.

Comment

Ah Malc you've brought back some savage memories of when I did it all on Veteran.. Ugh. Glad I did it though

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                              It was annoying yes, but the thrill of playing the level with the SAS kept me going.

After revisiting the single player mode i realised i forgot how amazingly atmospheric the game was. I can't wait for COD6 now!
                              What about COD5 First!

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                                What about COD5 First!
                                Well if it's made by Treyarch or whoever, then I wont be getting it. I'll wait for IW version.

Comment

Working...
                                X