No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot about Last Stand, don't like that either though I suppose it's perhaps more 'realistic' than Martyrdom in that more people would fire off a handgun rather than dropping a grenade at their feet - just a thought.

I just with that you could select a map to play on or select maps you just don't like.
    It's really annoying as Pilotwings says to be dropped in the middle of a game which is either a: on a map you don't like or b: about to finish.
    You then leave the game, search for another one and find yourself back in the same sodding game again.

Comment

Talking about inconsistency: Fix the knife plx. I hate 'stabbing' a guy twice just to see him shoot/stab me because the knifes lung is messed up.

Comment

lol yeah The Knife situations I get my self into is unexplainable.

Yesss I'm going to stab him, it's a dead sirt! - Oh **** what happened I'm dead

Comment

I think Last Stands okay, you drop slightly earlier than you normally would without it after taking heavy damage. Plus you have to actually aim to get the kill. Skill required.

El Leone... don't remind me... it's definately broken having knifed a guy who was in a corner twice only for him to turn around and knife me. Also anyone been knifed before in a really lucky (for the knifer) way? A few times I've been killed by someone knifing, been like "wtf?" then watched killcam and it shows them do the melee when im to their side or even partially behind them?!

Comment

If you haven't already tried it, I'd say give hardcore mode a go. Martyrdom is quite rarely used as friendly fire is turned on and juggernaut barely makes any difference. Knifings are pretty rare too since it's pretty hard to get close enough to someone to use the knife.

Comment

Originally posted by pentarou View Post
              If you haven't already tried it, I'd say give hardcore mode a go. Martyrdom is quite rarely used as friendly fire is turned on and juggernaut barely makes any difference. Knifings are pretty rare too since it's pretty hard to get close enough to someone to use the knife.
              Indeed, that's my playlist of choice. You only need a tap of fire to take someone down instantly. Much more slower paced aswell which I enjoy.

Comment

I think I may have to give that a go at the weekend, I think the slower pace will suit me better.

I don't know whether its me lagging or my opponent but more often than not I always come off second best in a head-to-head shootout, regardless of the power of my weapon. When you see the action from the kill cam I seem to start shooting later than my opponent, but from my side we're shooting around the same time. Also if I'm killed at a distance I usually hear a couple of gun shots, so I assume I've been sniped, but the kill cam shows a whole clip being unloaded in my general direction. My ping always shows 3-4 green bars.

Comment

It's probably just general lag that causes it all. I've had similar experiences.

Comment

Anyone know if IW have fixed the party system? Me and my brother play this together online in the same house but on seperate consoles. So we have the same IP address and with COD4 we always had problems with joining the same matches whilst partied up. Not with Halo 3 or any other game though, so I guess it's COD4 networking code or something.

We've started playing this again and it's working fine now but we are both level 55, so not sure if its working because we're the same level or it now works regardless of different levels? As i want to do another prestige mode but he is'nt and i don't want it to prohibit us from playing in a party like it use to.
                    Last edited by Malc; 17-08-2008, 23:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                      Anyone know if IW have fixed the party system? Me and my brother play this together online in the same house but on seperate consoles. So we have the same IP address and with COD4 we always had problems with joining the same matches whilst partied up. Not with Halo 3 or any other game though, so I guess it's COD4 networking code or something.

We've started playing this again and it's working fine now but we are both level 55, so not sure if its working because we're the same level or it now works regardless of different levels? As i want to do another prestige mode but he is'nt and i don't want it to prohibit us from playing in a party like it use to.
                      Ive got the same situation in my house, 2 of us playing on seperate consoles online in a party together. We always get the (downloading game settings) problem on the main online screen and are unable to get one of us online.

Try playing separate online matches once then try to connect as a party, little trick we found usually works.

Comment

Fishbowlhead, we've found being the same level solves it completely. We've had no problems since we both got to level 55.

I wont do prestige again then if this problem still occurs. Thanks for letting me know mate.

Comment

Have to moan.

Bloody gold cross players LVL 55, playing with gold wepaons still using juggernaught and last stand why!!!!!

Useless gits, probably neaky kids.......

Ah, that's better.

Still wish IW would sort out this though!
                          Last edited by jim g; 20-08-2008, 11:46. Reason: typo

Comment

They're a bit of a pain sometimes. I'd love them to add a new gametype to the lobby where some of the perks were excluded... like a 'pure' team deathmatch/free-for-all mode or something.

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                              Have to moan.

Bloody gold cross players LVL 55, playing with gold wepaons still using juggernaught and last stand why!!!!!

Useless gits, probably neaky kids.......

Ah, that's better.

Still wish IW would sort out this though!
                              What do the gold weapons do? ive come across loads of gold cross players, cant say ive ever noticed special gold weapons though?

Comment

Gold weapons do nothing, they're the same as the normal vanilla weapons...except..ermm...gold.

I've started playing the hardcore games and enjoying it much more. When you shoot someone they actually die, instead of absorbing bullets like a scene from platoon and then killing you with one shot. I'm also really liking the change of pace, you can't just leg it around completely fearless.

This game really needs some extra support from the developer. One map pack and then nothing. Some new gamemodes and maps shouldn't take up too much development time. Is it any wonder why Halo 3 is back at the top of the XBL live charts when Bungie are continually supporting their game.
                                Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 20-08-2008, 12:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X