Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MatWoods View Post
    Just got the GOTY version from HMV for ?30 with some of my xmas vouchers - loving single player and online, really enjoying it and I do not usually play 'deathmatch' online much.

Can feel a fair few hours gonig into this one...
    My ingame counter now stands at over 8 days (192 hours +), not sure if this counts single player or just the online action.

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
      More like a few hundred hours online!

Thinknig this may be the case.

How's it going anyway Jim, the missus is away this weekend so Andy from Gametec is round for some marathon gaming sessions.

Comment

I am thinking of going online with this, as a noob, but I expect to get ****ed over rather a lot, so any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
          I am thinking of going online with this, as a noob, but I expect to get ****ed over rather a lot, so any tips?
          Move around a lot. A moving target is much more difficult to hit.

If someone lets of a flash grenade or smoke, hit the ground. If you are on the ground you may not get caught in random "panic fire"

Use whatever weapon/perk combos that feel natural/good for you. Don't be intimidated by people saying not to use certain things as they are for noobs. They are in the game, and if people can't overcome them then they need more practise.

It always helps to learn the maps, but that will happen over time. Just stick in and remember as long as your getting a few kills per early match you will soon level up fast enough.

Comment

I used to enjoy Ghost Recon on the Xbox. I preferred the one hit kill, tactical approach as opposed to the run around like crazy, hopping like a rabbit, and blasting everything in sight style. Are there maps that allow that? (GR style)

Anyway, will give this a go.

Comment

I used to enjoy Ghost Recon on the Xbox. I preferred the one hit kill, tactical approach as opposed to the run around like crazy, hopping like a rabbit, and blasting everything in sight style. Are there maps that allow that? (GR style)

Anyway, will give this a go.
              Techically every map does have some sniping points, but it's easier to do on the larger maps. One hit kills with a sniper are not always possibile if someone has the juggernaut perk (like extra armour).

By the same token, you can't really play it like halo, jumping around everywhere (jumps are pretty normal, so no leaping around like a jack in the box). Personally I find it good to be versitile, as you can swap classes after you die mid game. It's good to be able to adapt, as your tactics will often depend on what others do.

Comment

Cheers for that.

I have been into GoW2 multiplayer which is a heap load of fun, but quite limited really. I know that this game offers far more in terms of tactics, team play and the like but has a steeper learning curve. Will bite the bullet tonight and see how it goes.

Comment

If you prefer the 1 hit kill type of games, you may want to try out the 'Team Hardcore' multiplayer mode in CoD4 (once you get the hang of it anyway). It has increased weapon damage and depending on your weapon, it is possible to take somebody down with just the one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalJoe View Post
                    If you prefer the 1 hit kill type of games, you may want to try out the 'Team Hardcore' multiplayer mode in CoD4 (once you get the hang of it anyway). It has increased weapon damage and depending on your weapon, it is possible to take somebody down with just the one shot.
                    But if you haven't played before it would be incredibly frustrating as you don't get a kill cam, so can't see who hit you from where.

When you first start you can't go far wrong with M16 with stopping power.

Don't run round the map, move - crouch - look, don't get caught without cover - you'll be picked off. Use the kill cam to see where others are camping out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                      But if you haven't played before it would be incredibly frustrating as you don't get a kill cam, so can't see who hit you from where.

When you first start you can't go far wrong with M16 with stopping power.

Don't run round the map, move - crouch - look, don't get caught without cover - you'll be picked off. Use the kill cam to see where others are camping out.
                      That's why I said 'once you get the hang of it'. But yeah, def don't try team hardcore until you've spent a good few hours on the normal modes.

Comment

Originally posted by MatWoods View Post
                        Thinknig this may be the case.

How's it going anyway Jim, the missus is away this weekend so Andy from Gametec is round for some marathon gaming sessions.
                        I am fine thanks and clocked nearly 1,000 hours on COD4.

NSoull1972 is my PSN ID

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                          I am fine thanks and clocked nearly 1,000 hours on COD4.

NSoull1972 is my PSN ID
                          41 days ..........

Comment

wow, i thought my 18 days was hardcore...

Comment

Played this online today, and I think I am going to stick to GoW2. Just too fast paced for me. If I was a teenager, maybe my reactions would be good enough but I am nearly 35 so it's a slippery slope downhill from now on. I loved the single player though, when I played it last year.

Comment

Played this online today, and I think I am going to stick to GoW2. Just too fast paced for me. If I was a teenager, maybe my reactions would be good enough but I am nearly 35 so it's a slippery slope downhill from now on. I loved the single player though, when I played it last year.
                                It requires practice unfortunately, you can't just pick up COD4 and expect to be good. You've got to learn the maps and unlock perks and weapons. If you persevere you'll be fine, but it depends on whether you've got the time/patience.

Comment

Working...
                                X