No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought this 2nd hand recently. I'd only played the awful world at war before this so cod 4 was pleasantly suprising by comparison and actually pretty decent. The painted on backdrops really annoyed me though. For a game with such high production values, the non animated backdrops look awful and somewhat destroy the feeling of immersion.

The box says game of the year edition but there's no sign of any extra stuff.

Comment

If you bought it second hand, then someone's probably used the DLC code already.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
        I bought this 2nd hand recently. I'd only played the awful world at war before this so cod 4 was pleasantly suprising by comparison and actually pretty decent. The painted on backdrops really annoyed me though. For a game with such high production values, the non animated backdrops look awful and somewhat destroy the feeling of immersion.

The box says game of the year edition but there's no sign of any extra stuff.

I never noticed the painted on backdrops in this, but then I have always been a gameplay before looks kind of person, nice to see people are still discovering what an excellent game this was anyway.

Despite what people may tell you the second game aint half bad in single player either really, even if it doesnt quite have the impact of some of the stuff in this one.

Comment

I've got the original one back after someone borrowed it off me for ages.. it's tempting me to go for veteran again - but I know it'll chew me up and spit me out in sweaty/swearing/furious ball of anger.

Comment

Veteran is actualy pretty easy in both Modern Warfare's compared to other COD games, the hardest bit of the first game is the epilogue on the plane, and you dont actualy have to do it anyway unless you want the achievement.

Comment

Just had a fun 4 days here, so lets go :

Originally posted by Me
              I have just opened my brand new copy of Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare : Game of the Year Edition. Went to use the code to download the maps before playing and it says the code is not valid. There is no use by date on the piece of paper with the code and the game was brand new and sealed inside the PlayStation 3 cellophane/plastic wrapper. How can I get a new code to allow me to download the maps. Thank you for your time.
              Originally posted by Activision Support
              Hello and thank you for contacting Activision support!

Unfortunately we do not have codes to provide as they are all placed during manufacturing.

Make sure if there are 1's and 0's (zeros) to try both the letter O and the letter I.
              Originally posted by Me
              There is no I's or 1's or 0's or O's in the code, it's all letters apart from a 5 at the end.

I therefore still can not download the maps which are advertised as included in the box. Manufacturing process or not, I have been given a duff card. Therefore I would like a new code to be able to download the maps, as I bought the GOTY edition of the game in order to access the maps.

Thank you.
              Originally posted by ASS
              Hi,

Thank you for contacting Activision’s Technical Support. I'm sorry to hear about your problem.

Can you provide a clear digital picture or scan of your code. Also place a handwritten postit or piece of paper with your email address on it in the image.
              I then upload a digital picture of my code and email address.

Originally posted by ASS
              Hello Carl,

Unfortunately we do not have any EU PS3 codes. You would need to return to the retailer that you purchased it from.
              Originally posted by Me
              How come there is no EU support, I stated I was in the UK when logging into the site, and when I click on support it brought me to here, hence therefore worldwide support it handled by the same group of people. You must be able to help me. I have always had problems cleared up via here before even though I'm UK based. You must have better support for the EU than you just dont have any codes. This is a Multi National company with multi million dollar turnover, and you cant get an EU code for COD4: MW GOTY edition? Please Activision Support, you can do much better.
              Originally posted by ASS
              This is a technical support and we are not given codes for bonuses, CD keys, or anything of the sort. These codes are usually printed and placed into the game at the manufacturing plant or by the store in the case of pre-order codes
              Originally posted by ME
              I can accept it's a manufacturing problem, but you must be able to contact someone over this within that process, this is after all the Game Of The Year Edition, which gives you the maps for free, albeit through a download as they are not on the disc. Therefore I cannot access the maps as the code that has been placed inside my game does not work, without any given reason other than it is invalid. Is there anyone else I can contact about this, as if you are only technical support you cannot help me?

Regards,
              Originally posted by ASS
              I am sorry but the Game of the Year edition with the free maps are no longer manufactured. Any copies still in stores are most likely copies that did not sell. We do not have the codes. You can try going back to the store to see if they have any copies they can exchange it for or if they can do anything else for you.
              Originally posted by Me
              So let's get this correct then, you knew exactly from the start you could not help me out, yet you still wanted a digital picture of the code? You therefore were leading me down a dead end then? I find it pretty poor that support has done this. Find it even harder to believe you cannot send me a code that will work and you won't actually help me to resolve this bar taking the game back to a retailer, who's fault it is not. Your game, your promotional code in an edition of the game that you released with the map pack added in. Come on Activision, you can do alot better than that. Man up.

Regards,
              Originally posted by ASS
              Hi,

I contacted a supervisor on your behalf to see if we can replace your code but we no longer have any replacement codes. This promotion was from April 2008 and due to the age of the promotion, we no longer have any codes.

I'm sorry but you will need toe xchange at the retailer for another copy of the game.
              Originally posted by Me
              Hello again,

Not sure why I am bothering doing this anymore, but think it's worth trying. It was from an online retailer only, and thus I would have to post the product back. Somehow along the line your supervisor is wrong as you can see from the product page here :

Buy Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Yes, it's the 2009 Edition, so that promotion ending in 2008 would appear to be wrong now doesnt it.

Once more, trying genuinely to get help here, I got a duff code in the box.

Please appeal to someone in Activision Europe or UK.

Regards,
              Originally posted by ASS
              Hi,

I'm sorry but we do not have any more codes due to the age of the promotion. We cannot help you any further with this issue.
              Originally posted by Me
              As useless as ever, pure hopeless support.
              Sorry if its a long read and probably in the wrong place, but kinda funked off about it all now.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                Veteran is actualy pretty easy in both Modern Warfare's compared to other COD games, the hardest bit of the first game is the epilogue on the plane, and you dont actualy have to do it anyway unless you want the achievement.
                Eh? Am I playing a different game? The sniper level is impossible for me COD4 on veteran.

Comment

I know I know, I'm behind the rest of the world but I just started playing this . Bearing in mind that I normally stick to retro games, and the last FPS I played all the way through was probably either Quake 1 or Duke Nukem 3D so I'm playing on the easiest level (as recommended by the training level!) and I have to say I LOVE THIS GAME. I've never played an FPS on a console other than a quick multiplayer blast at a friends as i've never been able to get to grips with playing them on a control pad but i'm not really having any problems at all with this. Really enjoying the storyline - I'm just about to start the mission where

the SAS guy has flashed back 15 years

so i'm a few hours in now and am staggered by the amount of variety in the missions so far - certainly come a long way from the mid 90's .

I feel like i've finally joined the 21st century!

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                    Eh? Am I playing a different game? The sniper level is impossible for me COD4 on veteran.
                    Like all COD games the MW ones have bits that are really tough to get through on the hardest difficulty, but I feel the overall difficulty in them is not as high as in other COD games.

I never had trouble with the sniper mission though, the hardest bits for me were the bit where you have to avoid the chopper early on in the game and the bit with the airstrikes towards the end. I think the bit with the airstrikes is the only part of the game where the enemies really do just keep respawning forever so you just have to run and pray during that bit.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                      I never had trouble with the sniper mission though, the hardest bits for me were the bit where you have to avoid the chopper early on in the game and the bit with the airstrikes towards the end. I think the bit with the airstrikes is the only part of the game where the enemies really do just keep respawning forever so you just have to run and pray during that bit.
                      I'm stuck on the airstrikes level now.
                      Have reached the barn at the top end of village but can I get back? Can I hell.
                      Aaaaaaarrrrrrgh!

Comment

That's the level that broke me on veteran, I just simply couldn't do it and actually gave up. Good luck though, lit of people recommend going off the path to the side of the barn and just keep pushing forward.

Comment

Its been a few years now but I remember going off path as well.

I basicaly just kept running and dying and restarting and running and dying and restarting and so on until I did it.

Comment

Well I have reverted to this given MW2 hacked completely.

Have been having some good games until tonight and guess what... This is hacked aswell.

Went into a game with the map going really fast and suddenly all my custom weapons now say tier 1?

Got to that activision really need to sort this and not blame the jailbreak otherwise that is it for cod games. Nave sunk a load of time into both modern warfare games but loads like they are both dead. RIP MW.

Comment

One of the main reasons for all the recent modding on the old COD games is because black ops is basically unhackable. Treyarch seem to be doing a really good job keeping on top of it with bans and patches etc

Even the leaderboards seem pretty legit on black ops, now check the MW2 leaderboards.........

Comment

and IW are blaming Sony for all these hacks...

Frustrated by Modern Warfare 2 hacks? Infinity Ward feels your pain. But don't blame the developer. Blame Sony and the …

Comment

Working...
                                X