No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sold my copy of this a few weeks back in preperation for MW2, so luckily I will never experience the damage that people are doing to it now. I have good memories of late-night play sessions and all that.

I say sell your copy now while it's still woth £40 in shops and get ready for MW2.

Comment

The Devs should watch out for hacks and fix cos without Mulitplayer none of COD games would sell in the millions. They need to fix this.

Comment

But with MW2 near release, they probably wont need to fix COD4's multiplayer now. Activision have already soaked up a lot of profit and are preparing for the next one.

Does anyone know if it's Microsoft, Activision or Infinity Ward that has to monitor hackers in COD4?

Comment

im on IW's Twitter, and they say theyre looking into it...

Comment

Oh dear, sound like they just don't care now that MW2 is fairly close. Which is a shame as MW is the only FPS online i have truly enjoyed.

Its bad enough having to compete and beat people with those modified controllers for pistols, or Americans with connection 2-3 times faster than mine (which technically is not a fault just a big annoyance on my part) but people with invincibility and floating in the air is taking it too far.

Comment

A patch is apparently in the works.

I hope MS have the ability to pinpoint what gamers have been using the hack online and can life-ban them. I despise this sort of sh1t.

Comment

It is ridiculous, I do hope they manage to punish these idiots that are ruining the game for everyone else. My mate managed to film one of the s*itheads while we were playing yesterday.

(He is obviously talking to me while recording, lol.)
                Last edited by ezee ryder; 04-08-2009, 03:13.

Comment

That is horrendous...

I just fail to understand the mentality of people that do this kind of stuff. I hope MS brings the ban-hammer down over XBL as they're usually very strict on this kind of stuff, same on PS3.

Is this happening in COD W@W as well? I havent played online since early last week.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

Is this happening in COD W@W as well? I havent played online since early last week.
                    Yep, but PS3 COD4 has the hugest number of 'players' using this cheat

Comment

Well I hope it gets remedied on both platforms for the sake of what is still a brilliant series.

I'd actually love it if Activision/IW not only managed to permanently patch this game-save expoit but also somehow tracked all the gamertags of people that have used it and then silently banned them from playing MW2 when it releases.

Leave them to fester in COD4.

Comment

Thankfully I haven't come across this yet on WAW though hopefully IW's new patch system for MW2 will stop stuff like this from affecting the game for too long

Comment

I went on last night for a few games specifically looking for these ppl so I could file a complaint to MS & hopefully get them to look into it, but I didnt find anyone.

Had a good sesh tho!

Comment

Yeh I had a session on W@W last night and didnt find anyone doing this which is pleasing given the new map pack 3 is out this evening.

Comment

Patch is going through the approval process, but IW have sorted it an other way as well, no cheaters so far today

Comment

Don't suppose the banned the cheaters flat? Insta-Lifetime-Ban?

Comment

Working...
                                X