No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you create a custom sound track on the PS3 version?

Comment

Spent 2.5 hours with the Bike Pack earlier. Great fun. Loads of new challenges, burning routes and road rules. The day/night cycle is great and can be set in increments starting from a real-time 24 hour cycle (ah, MSR how I loved you) to a 24 hour cycle in 24 minutes.

GET IT NOW CHOO FOOLZ!!!!

Comment

Bike patch won't work for me. Downloaded 3 times and says it's a faulty file or something.

Comment

i love the handling of the bikes but it all feels a bit empty with them and I get bored racing road time trials, can you race them against cars in proper events ?

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
            Bike patch won't work for me. Downloaded 3 times and says it's a faulty file or something.
            Same here. I tried downloading it twice. first time I got some ind of corrupt file message so I dleted it and downloaded it again. after three goes, it crashed each time after about three minutes, freezing the screen. It must be aproblem with certain 360's. My mate at work says his version was fine. really annoying.

I just read that if you delete the previous cagney update then it will work. apparently the bikes download contains everything in the cagney update anyway.
            Last edited by boxhead; 19-09-2008, 08:22.

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
              Same here. I tried downloading it twice. first time I got some ind of corrupt file message so I dleted it and downloaded it again. after three goes, it crashed each time after about three minutes, freezing the screen. It must be aproblem with certain 360's. My mate at work says his version was fine. really annoying.
              Downloaded it this morning and it worked fine.

Shame all the single player bike stuff is too easy.

Comment

great fun but its far too easy. beat all the road rages in 2 "days" and a fair few of the road rules. the bike you get for 100% license is set to ludicrous speed

do like the huge time limits on the online challenges tho...large enough so that you can complete them even with newcomers to the game. removes the frustration of a mic less player not knowing where the freeway is then when you get a good crew together you can really go for the better times!

trying to finish the last few events for an elite license with cars however is super frustrating in the dark!!

Comment

I've had a couple of hours on this since the update and as much as I'm loving the bikes I can't help but feel that they really need to add more stuff to it.

In just a few minutes of just messing around I'd cleared 3 road rules without even noticing I'd done them. I did a couple of the events too which included a complete lap of the whole map which I really enjoyed.

They need to have other bikes in the city and they need to organise some proper races and stunt rubs for them.

I know they boasted about real time weather but all I've seen so far was fog and no fog. Are there others too, rain maybe?

The bikes are a start but that's exactly what it feels like...a start! I'm hoping that they do add far more events and also some extra licenses.

Comment

I downloaded the bikes and I'm having a fair amount of fun with it but it doesn't feel particularly burnoutish, so far I've only come across midnight rides and burning rides (both timed races) is there any other events or is that all?

One thing that annoyed me about the challenges was stuff like "do a wheelie for 500 yards down the I88" or whatever, which is really annoying as I was trying to take the lead on some of the distances like jumping distance, air time etc at the quarry and then it wants me to drive back just to do a wheelie on a specific road! I hate it, why does it need to be specific roads?
                    Last edited by Ouenben; 21-09-2008, 10:53.

Comment

I could understand these complaints if you'd had to pay for the DLC, but it was free and I really don't see what the problem is, if you don't like it delete it.

I'd imagine when the new island comes out all the above complaints will be ironed out but you'll have to pay for this download so it will be interesting to see how people view this DLC

Comment

I think this Bike add on is just a tester for things to come but I find the whole open endedness of this game just empty and unfulfilling. I prefer some well thought out courses and real restarts. Also FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BRING BACK CRASH MODE. it was my favourite part, real good stress toy. If its going to turn into A N Other racing sim they should really give up.

Comment

Having come down with a cold this weekend, I thought I'd save myself a trip to the games shop to get Bioshock and just bought this from the PS store instead.

I have no idea what to make of it.

It's really well put together, the vehicles are fun and handle very much like the last Burnout (a good thing in my opinion), the environment is great and set up to be fun simply driving around. But the lack of structure in the races is leaving me totally cold.

Having to worry about route and navigation, when there are so many roads to choose from, is totally sucking the fun out of the races for me. It means I can't concentrate on actually racing and so far it looks like they have severely handicapped the enemy racers to allow for that, thus defeating the point of a race and leaving me totally unsatisfied if I win or lose due to ending up on the rail tracks or taking a shortcut that was meant for another route and leaves you in the ass end of nowhere.

I'm really not liking that at all.

Takedown challenges are still fun because you can find opponents anywhere and there's certainly loads to find. But removing the structure has made the gameplay so loose as to feel, to me where I am now (I may change my mind as I go on), unrewarding and pointless.

A real shame because the layout is fantastic. Just driving around is fun - this is actually exactly what was missing in GTAIV, where driving was a chore. I feel it may click with me as I get further into it and what they've attempted is certainly admirable but, I don't know, right now, I'm just not getting it.

Comment

I really hated it for a long time but I think now that it was mainly due to it not being what I was expecting it to be and trying to play it in the same way I played the older games. I've now almost completed it twice, once before the trophy update and I played through it again when that was released.

One of the problems I had at first was because there is just so much to do in it and you don't really get any assistance from the game. I found it helped to structure the way I progressed more, perhaps stick to a few of the same event at first then move on to something else after a bit.

It may be worth having a look here to get an idea of what there is to unlock and how you can get them. I found it really useful to just drive around exploring to get a feel where everything is and perhaps take down a few of the gates, super jumps, etc that you stumble across.

EDIT:
                            I found the navigation to be really annoying at first. I used to pause at the beginning of each race and try and work out which route was the best and pause again before the junctions I needed to use so I knew which way to go next.

After a while I forced myself to use the game's navigation to guide me which was difficult at first but once I'd got the hang of it, it was really useful. Because you're not far into the game the in-game navigation will get you from a to b in enough time whereas when you get a lot further in you will need to rely on things like hidden short cuts to be able to get results and it starts getting a lot tougher then.
                            Last edited by JP; 19-10-2008, 18:57.

Comment

I thought it was terrible too, just driving around endless roads, couldn't even be arsed to find or do the challenges. When I did do a challenge I only got beaten or went the wrong way. I hated it. I guess it was fun trying to collect 250 smashing through signs or whatever, and the free DLC is great. . cough

Comment

I absolutely love this game...takes a while to learn your way around but as soon as you do the game just clicks! You learn your favourite routes and the best shortcuts to use etc Not so into the road rages but Marked Mans and Stunt Runs are quality.

Only game in years ive put serious play into (about 160 hours i think)...and the only game ive got all the achievements for (well 1 to go but it wont take long ) not including Fight Night 3 but that doesn't count.

Only fly in the ointment is there are quite a few idiots online but that applies to all of Live.

Comment

Working...
                                X