No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, haven't contributed to the thread, just thought I'd put a good word in for the game. Excellent fun, I'm loving just free roaming in the 616 Sport to some T.I. at the minute.

The challenges are all good fun, and I'm really enjoying coming across the Smash gates, on 320 so far ! Excellent fun.

Comment

I came back to this after this for the first time in a week or so, still really enjoying it. Just spent ages trying to find the missing events and get 1mil on a stunt event

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        I came back to this after this for the first time in a week or so, still really enjoying it. Just spent ages trying to find the missing events and get 1mil on a stunt event
        I got so close to getting that million the other day! A few weeks ago I thought there'd be no chance, but I was one stunt away and then I blew it. I've got a definite route that I like to follow!

Comment

The trick is, find a route where you can get several multiplyers then find a nice spot where you can donut your face off and rack up a constant drift multiplyer, if you do it with a speed class car you can get the Burnout Mulitplyer which then racks it up even higher.

I finally figured out that holding the opposite way to the direction you are barrel rolling makes you stop dead and level out! Barrel rolls are hilariously easy to land now!

Comment

There's a video on the US Inside Xbox showing one way of doing the one million point stunt run for those interested.

Comment

Wow! Just finished the P12 Burning Route with only 0.16 seconds left on the clock.0 Seriously, I didn't think I'd make it up those mountain roads in twenty seconds - heart is racing ! So much fun!

Comment

New Islands heading to Paradise. What's more, the first lot will be free.

Comment

for anybody interested the first big patch has gone up for this on PS3 this morning (believe the X360 one went up and got rolled back a coupl of days ago)

for offline players doesn't seem to add much from what I can see, all the goodies are in future patches.

if getting 'pwned' and having 'noob' shouted at you by yanks is your thing though I believe there are a few new online modes

Comment

I played this yesterday, its entertaining and I can see that getting all the billboards would be entertaining but whats with re-doing all the races when you get a new licence??

Comment

Wow...
                      I'm just getting started with Paradise (on 360) but I feel quite a bit confused. ^^
                      Visually, the game is amazing and there's a huge leap between this and Revenge (stunning detail, 60fps, no loading times and Paradise City is *beautiful*...); new soundtrack rocks, as well as some old tunes, remixed from Revenge and Takedown.
                      Controls also work great, so - after a few quick runs - I can 'feel the power' yet, especially with that fantastic Skyline.

But...
                      There are changes I really don't know if I'll deal with or not.

Maybe I simply must go deeper and work out with mechanics but
                      - the fact you can't restart an event really pisses me off: yep, the game seems to be less trial-and-error than prequels ('I lost... Ok, who cares? Let's try something else...'), but in this way everything looks like simple 'missions' (more than a real competition);
                      - the map.
                      Why-the-**** can't it rotate, being switched car-relative? O_o
                      During a race there's no real waypoint, no major on-road indication, so getting the wrong way (at least at the beginning) seems quite frequent. Yeah, it's good there are loads of shortcuts and multiple routes to choose from, but... That still, motionless map seems to me quite useless, especially when you fly into the traffic at 250kmph - two or three opponents right behind you - and you must keep in mind 'Ok, I'm running east, the map points north, next turn is rightnnNNOOOo! Left! LEFT!' -> CrashBoomBang.
                      - Is Paradise City some sort of Cybertron's district?
                      Yu-huu?
                      Is anybody there?
                      I mean: I don't want GTAIV's people on the street but... At least... A driver?
                      - The City, in some areas, reminds me of Sonic.
                      You asked to run like hell, but when you start running, there's always a corner/wall/car/ramp/jump/ecc... you simply can't avoid.

Aside these things (I repeat: I'm just at the beginning and I really LOVED Takedown), I'm still enjoying Paradise quite alot.

PS - This is my first major post: sorry for my eventually bad ita-nglish...
                      Last edited by jpeg; 02-08-2008, 20:46.

Comment

I've just started getting my teeth into this also, and whilst I agree with everyone else regarding the games niggles, they are washing over me at the moment. Probably further on into the game these annoyances will catch up with me, but at this point in time I'm really enjoying it. It's also good to see a developer supporting their game long term.

Comment

It seems Criterion's going to release Cagney on XBOXLive, today.
                          Unfortunately, I can't check it out until tonight. ^^

Comment

It's up now.

Comment

Excellent. Y'know one of these days I might actually play this online.

Comment

Does it autoupdate to include these addons or do you have to find em on 360 as not gone near it in months?

Comment

Working...
                                X