No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll be doing the freeburn challenges tonight as they're usually the most awkward to clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      1000 points? I thought games needed to be full retail to get the full allocation?
      That's a cost of 1000 MS points.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
        1000 points? I thought games needed to be full retail to get the full allocation?
        He means it costs 1,000 MS points to buy it.

Downloading now....but I can't play it until tonight.

Comment

Ah, that makes sense.

Looking forward to getting this tonight, although I might not get to playing it just yet.

Comment

Yeah sorry, I meant MS Space Bucks The achievements are pretty easy to get and there's not many as PS Trophies, but my epeen is much larger now! Wooo

Comment

I find the island a bit claustrophobic and small for a tenner, not mad keen on the multi checkpoint burning routes either.

I'm in the meh camp at the moment.

Comment

I quite enjoyed the Midnight Club style checkpoint system, felt quite fresh to see in the Burnout Island.

I agree the Island feels small, you'll bomb round it a few times in one Road Rage event, but there's loads of detail to it.

Can't wait to see what the online challenges are like, Ski Jump and Donuts are involved I guess.

Anyone else seen the two 80's TV show references in there

Comment

Loving this. The cars you unlock are absolutely superb. I shan't spoil the surprise. Let's just say that I reckon some of them are worth the price of admission alone. I currently have 6 of 9.

Found all smashes, all billboards and all mega jumps. Set all showtime and time rules. Just got the single player events and freeburn challenges to go. Currently played about five hours straight.

LOVING IT!

Comment

I now have a Beach Boys playlist for this game!

I'm loving this so far and the buggy is brilliant and yes, I'd prefer it if there was 10 times as much in it but there is a lot to do on the island.

Only tried one race so far and finished in third as I didn't have a clue where the hell I was going. One of the advantages of racing on the island seems to be that you can sometimes find the other drivers taking different routes and coming down the road towards you.

There was a bit of a panic the first time I saw 2 of the buggies boosting head-on towards me!!!

Comment

Yeah, I had that happen a couple of times too!

Planning on taking a bike for a whirl around the Island today.

Comment

I've done about an hour and 40 on this so far and I'm upto around 55% on the license with just 1 trophy left to clear. The third car is horrendous but on the flip side I was online and saw a few people with another unlock car that. I. Want. So. Badly.

Comment

Just found all the mega jumps, awesome. Truly jaw dropping air time

The online challenges were easy, I'd love to see some harder challenges patched in.

Comment

I'm enjoying the map. Sure it's "small", but there's a lot going on there. Far more vertical than the rest of Paradise City.

Only issue we had last night was the apparent lack of online races on the island. At least the host couldn't find them. Maybe you can do the checkpoint races around it? That would be great - being able to set your own checkpoints up for a 5 minute race.

Playing this game, I can't help but wish one of the "sandbox" third person titles would give you this kind of handling with vehicles. Meld this with Crackdown and you'd have something amazing

Comment

I really like all the references to British pop culture around the island.

There's loads on there but from what I can remember they have Brucie's Autos, Grange Hill, Byker Grove, Els Bells, Krankee's Chilli, Monkhouse Royal, Holness Hotel, Zammo Mansions and my favourite which is the Inspiral Car Parks!!

I also like the advertising featuring Criterion's staff on the posters.

Comment

While I downloaded the Big Surf Island add-on yesterday evening, I can't help but notice the game stating 'version 1.9'.

Does this mean there is going to be one more additional content planned for version 2.0 or is it the number/version that just so happens to be shown?

I am intending to get inFamous out of the way first before going back to Paradise. I am pleased to hear that you are all enjoying it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X