Devil May Cry 4 DEMO [360/PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All sounds groovy, baby.

What kind of POWER do you start with - f all or a select few? What of styles? Is it like DMC3 demo where there's a few to whet your appetite?

Hurrah!! Teh Dant0r omg.....

Comment

Is there a PS3 demo today?

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy View Post
        Is there a PS3 demo today?

On Japanese store now.

Comment

Probably wont be on UK till later on today/tomorrow. From my experiences.

Comment

Its Not in the UK store today, thats next week US only this week

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
              Do the Timed Mission before the Boss Battle, you uncover a "tutorial" of sorts as you go through it.

One thing I really don't like about it though (360 one, anyway) is the use of Evade on RB + A + Direction. Why not map it to the right-stick, how it used to be on the PS2 ones since it works much, much better? "Revving" up the sword seems to uncover stronger hits, so it pays to go into a battle - especially the boss one, with the sword "charged" and ready.

On the whole though, it's pretty good I felt.

Berial eventually fell after the 3rd time, after I stopped piss-arsing around watching for the cues for the attack, and just went in using the Devil Bringer to get on his back and attacking like that.

You guys need to play DMC3 a bit more.

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
              Forgot to mention that actually, I agree too. I'd go so far to say that as it stands in this demo, eveade is broken. In the heat of battle it's just practical to evade with the use of 2 buttons and a direction...
              It's not "Broken" <_< It's the same as its has ALWAYS been.

you can only evade when locked on. hold direction and press jump.
              Same as it's always been.

You thinking of ****ty God of War.

Comment

While I take exception at the final comment () I can confirm that DMC1 is the same. Hold R1 + direction + jump. I should know, I've been sucking at that game just recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevvy Metal View Post
                  You thinking of ****ty God of War.

Quite right though, I was mixing the two up. I prefer to be able to roll with the right stick though, far more intuitive than 2 buttons and a stick to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena View Post
                    You only get more tearing on VGA if you're running it at a resolution which the game wasn't coded at (With Capcom's engine being 1280x720). It's not a glitch, its just that Capcom allow the game to run at the resolution that the 360 is set to (in VGA mode) instead of forcing 1280x720 but scaling it to the resolution you choose.

To avoid Dead Rising evil-tearing-ness if you run at a non-standard resolution, switch to 1280x720 and it should be fine.
                    Are you sure, if that was the case surely it would of been a native 1080p game?

People had the same problems at 720p via HDMI also.

Moving on, just had a quick bash at it and it looks lovely, it has that typical no shader look to it, which both gives it that distinctly Japanese developed look but also makes it looks a little dated from time to time (it looked like an HD version of RESI4 at time to time) but I guess that is what you pay for 60FPS. Fortunately the art design shines through and it looks tremendous, lack of jaggies is also duly noted.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      That's good news. What resolution do you run it at?
                      running at 1080 res here on VGA .. 1920x whatever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by reektan View Post
                        running at 1080 res here on VGA .. 1920x whatever it is.
                        Just tried it for myself at 1280*768 and no tearing also. Thanks Capcom!

Comment

I can't wait to download the demo and play the hell out of it! No other game is gonna get a look in come February - it's all gonna be about DMC 4!

Comment

Your proper evade actions will be with you exclusively on PS3, xmas 2009.

As for this demo, well what did I bloody expect.
                            It's devil may cry X HD = devil may cry 4.

Comment

Couple of other things i noticed. Where the duck is my rumble? They better not of pulled a Sony on us! I'm liking the simultated 24 fps on the cutscenes, makes it look very filmic, don't like the judder when it pans though

Comment

Any of you guys notice you can add one bar to the sword charge up meter if you press the button at a certain frame during doing a sword slash combo, but then it dissapears during the next sword attack, trying to figure a way of filling it all up during a combo.

The new grab technique is cool, but it also means you can stay airborne on certain enemies for as longas you want, we will have to see how it is balanced out throughout the whole games.

Comment

Working...
                                X