No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 4 DEMO [360/PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone "complete" the first mission in the demo? I just played again (promised myself I wouldn't play more than a few times, want to preserve the feeling for the full game) and blasted through it, when you get to the final door you go through and start the second mission, right where you would if you just selected it normally from the menu.

I wonder if anyone has time-attacked it yet, I got to the boss with 60 seconds to spare!

Comment

Downloaded both versions and they are identical.
      However, I prefer the DS3 controller.
      Been messing around with Exceed and with a bit of skill and timing you can gain a charge from every slash you make.

Comment

What a superb demo! Still can't beat the boss mind you but loved every second of it

Comment

Fantastic demo - unfortunately, while the 360 demo downloaded in about five minutes, the PS3 version is taking an age!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
            Did anyone "complete" the first mission in the demo? I just played again (promised myself I wouldn't play more than a few times, want to preserve the feeling for the full game) and blasted through it, when you get to the final door you go through and start the second mission, right where you would if you just selected it normally from the menu.

I wonder if anyone has time-attacked it yet, I got to the boss with 60 seconds to spare!
            Which version are you getting m8 just that I want to wipe your high score off if its the PS3 one like me Im no good at gripping the 360 pad for action stuff so dont have a choice PS3 version incoming.

Comment

When the boss does that huge fire blast that obliterate everything around it, how the hell are you supposed to evade that? Just run the hell away?

Comment

Looks nice, found the whole gameplay a bit meh though.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                  When the boss does that huge fire blast that obliterate everything around it, how the hell are you supposed to evade that? Just run the hell away?
                  Not sure on that one to be honest, I even tried keeping in air behind him and it still hit me, maybe you have to get out the blast radius. Finally owned him just now! Definite buy for me, reckon the PS3 version due to the pad to be honest. Anyone having much luck keeping the sword charged during a combo? Is it just a case of tapping the rev button when or just before striking an enemy? I noticed when doing a few combos with it, it allows you to get a killer rating!

Comment

Jump or lock onto to his head with the Devil Bringer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                      Jump or lock onto to his head with the Devil Bringer.
                      Didn't work for me, I still get completely blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
                        Looks nice, found the whole gameplay a bit meh though.
                        Have you played DMC or DMC3 at all? It isn't all about hack and slash, it is all about doing it in style. Throughout the full game new "styles" get unlocked which allow you to be creative on how you take down your foes. With the DMC series it has all been about the boss battles!

Comment

Might depend on your placement in that case, I've managed to evade 2/3 of that attack by either jumping or using the DB.

Comment

Didn't work for me, I still get completely blown away.
                            Same here, I was literally bouncing around his head and it still wiped me out.

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                            Which version are you getting m8 just that I want to wipe your high score off if its the PS3 one like me Im no good at gripping the 360 pad for action stuff so dont have a choice PS3 version incoming.
                            Sorry mate, more than likely the 360 version. Almost every multiplatform game is a 360 buy for me. I have my 360 wired up better (sound wise) and I just love the live integration.

Yet to try the PS3 version (I will be doing so though) so that may change. Oh and you'd have no trouble wiping my high scores either format
                            Last edited by Jebus; 24-01-2008, 15:48.

Comment

Not bad. Dante seemed to move slower than in DMC3. Also the camera seemed a bit ropey and thought the graphics could do with a bit of polish. But not bad, just not as revolutionary as I'd hoped.
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

It's not Dante, it's Nero.

Comment

Working...
                                X