Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professor Layton and the Mysterious Village (SPOILER FREE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
    Bonuses > Weekly Puzzle
    So it just downloads via wifi from the menu then? Will I be able to get the old ones or only the new ones?

Comment

If the DS would work with bloody WPA wireless I'd get it - cant be bothered to reconfigure my entire life just for a puzzle

Comment

Just started this today, up to puzzle 7 now. Seems like a good reason to start taking my DS on my journey to work again.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
          "From five to four?" Draw me your solution ( |_| in spoiler tags) and we'll see if your're close!

I wouldn't know where to start with something like that. Can you not just tell me the answer?

Comment

Well, I could do, but then if you're actually doing it wrong you've been given the answer by mistake. It'd really annoy me if that happened to me so I thought I'd give you a chance to make sure you solve it by yourself!

Comment

Don't worry, I solved it myself in the end.

My mistake was that I thought I could get away with having 1 big square and 3 little ones. I couldn't.

Comment

Starting to annoy me now - on top of thinking the graphics aren't all that (some people seem prepared to champion anything if it's 2D and vaguely distinctive), the game continually reminds me I simply cannot get my head around the kind of logic it demands. Take The Lazy Guard, or whatever it was called:

so you're supposed to work out how few turns he can get away with walking through a set number of rooms with their doors at right angles to each other - there is no way on earth I can get my brain to consider the possibility of walking through those doors at anything other than 90 degrees without feeling "but you'd be a lunatic if you did that". It pretty much makes me feel upset I can't think in precisely the way they expect... I mean, why stop there? He could get away with no turns at all if he just went through most of the rooms backwards. How is that essentially any different from what turns out to be the solution?

Of course, I know I'm just dumb and it's all wonderful and blah blah blah, but still... sigh.

Comment

That puzzle was designed deliberately to make you think like that, that's why they had the example. It actually says specifically that the example was there to ruin your imagination and make it harder to solve as a result.

Comment

I like the way it takes the time to explain why the puzzles are hard. Educational!

Comment

That puzzle was designed deliberately to make you think like that, that's why they had the example. It actually says specifically that the example was there to ruin your imagination and make it harder to solve as a result.
                      Yes, I get that, I'm just saying 1) I don't like it and 2) I think their solution is stupid anyway, so ner. Ner. Ner.

(I hate being dumb.)

Comment

I finished this 100% yesterday. Loved it from start to finish, im selling mine on now as it has no replay value at all, apart from the weekly puzzles.

I put spoiler tags on the rest of my post, as most things i say is probably considered spoilerific.

Looking forward to the sequel, which has got me thinking, how is it going to play out, looks like its set in a totally different place. The puzzle element of the original is a huge plot device for the first game, so how is that going to fit for the sequel which looks like its going to be set on a train? As i thought the story was great, i hope Japan eventually gets an anime made out of this.

Comment

Yeah, I thought the

explanation for the puzzles was alright in the end, after it seeming obviously random throughout the game as to why these people kept making you solve them. Not sure how they'll get away with it a second time!

Puzzle 135... I really hope there's nothing like that in the sequel. Designed by the devil himself.

Comment

Yeah, I thought the

explanation for the puzzles was alright in the end, after it seeming obviously random throughout the game as to why these people kept making you solve them. Not sure how they'll get away with it a second time!

Puzzle 135... I really hope there's nothing like that in the sequel. Designed by the devil himself.
                            The sliding puzzles were the worst in this game for sheer hardness, the multicoloured balls puzzle is the one i had the most trouble with. Frustrated me to no end.
                            Once you have finally done every single puzzle in the game. You don't get anything for, all i think you get is an explanation to download a new puzzle every week.

Comment

Only a few of the puzzles have annoyed me so far. The lazy guard

was one, as i'm sure he could side-step through most of the rooms and not turn AT ALL

The hints are terrible, you get more help from getting it wrong.

I'm at 98 solved, 3057 picarats and 75 hint coins after 9 hour 40.

Comment

I'm really grateful to this game as my mum has had some really bad health problems over the last 4 - 5 months and this has really cheered her up and kept her occupied and her mind off things. She's not even a big gamer but I know she loves puzzles/mysteries (she loves agatha christie books, detective series etc) so I bought this for her as a surprise and she's nicked my dads DS Lite and hasn't stopped playing it since!

Are there any other games like this one which have a great combination of mystery and puzzles ? (or even just good DS puzzle games) Would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                                X