No announcement yet.

Raiden Fighters Aces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm quite gutted about the region locking. First Shikigami 3, now this.

Comment

the japanese version of the Cave shmups are going to be region locked as well

Comment

I'm going to get round to a Japanese 360. It just seems worth the money now. Just a shame of the 360's reliability..its the one thing putting me off. :/

Comment

This topic made me fire up Raiden Fighters Jet for another bash at it, as I didn't really understand the scoring system before.

RFJ has a very strong scoring gimmick to it. I've not played 1 or 2 so I can't comment about whether they do aswell or not.

I'll try to explain this as best I can...

The medals that drop off enemies, you have two types - Ones that float in the air and ones that are attached to the ground. As long as you pick up the 'S' power-up (Slave ship) then the airborne medals will be attracted to your ship.

Whenever two medals combine, they form a higher value medal. Now the trick to this, is if you move your ship to the very far bottom of the screen, the attracted medal will not be collected. It will stay hovering infront of your ship, so you can just guide it into all the other medals that drop on the level.

After you've guided that floating medal into 20 others, the medal will turn into a silver eagle. A whopping 2 million point bonus right there.

If, after you've picked up this eagle medal, you manage to get 9 medals on the screen at one time, they all explode and every single medal that drops is now worth 10,000 points. The more single medals of this type you collect, the more they go up in value, and it stays like this until game over. Which means massive pointage!!!111

Just managed just over 11 mil at the end of the third stage.

Comment

31mil using the eagle medal method.

Comment

That's a fair bump up in score. Nice work. haven't even tried playin that game properly yet. Still getting bossed by RF1. XD

Comment

So this, Shikigami 3 and Cave on Japanese 360. Is the graphics good enough on HDTV as PS2 is poor for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                  So this, Shikigami 3 and Cave on Japanese 360. Is the graphics good enough on HDTV as PS2 is poor for me.
                  The game has a couple of filters you can choose from to ease the pain.
                  Can't remember the names off the top of my head...

Comment

trailer is up on the euro marketplace I noticed today so there is hope for us

Comment

now that is intresting, they wouldnt do that if a euro release wasnt on the cards? would they?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch996 View Post
                        I was playing in practice mode last night and all the play time achievements unlocked.
                        Even the 96hr one? Which game were you practicing on - RF1/RF2/RFJ ?

I bloody hate those type of achievements. I just left my console on overnight to get the similar ones in Senko no Ronde and Beautiful Katamari.

now that is intresting, they wouldnt do that if a euro release wasnt on the cards? would they?
                        You would think so, but I'm pretty sure some stuff for THE IDOLM@STER is on the UK marketplace too, but no sign of the game itself. Hopefully it does get released here though, because its awesome.

Comment

Only gamerpics I think showed up for Idolm@aster in Europe, the themes and dlc are still all Asian only.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                            Even the 96hr one? Which game were you practicing on - RF1/RF2/RFJ ?
                            Yep, even the 96hr. I was practicing RF1 on stage 6 with all medals set to maximum points.

Comment

Put a couple of hours into this now, and although I'm crap at it, I'm really enjoying the game even more than Ikaruga at the moment!

Anyone have tips on getting the 100k medals to appear on RF1 (or RF2/J)? I've had them show up a couple of times, but normally I'm stuck at 90k ones.

Comment

For the 100K medals...

RF1/RF2

Same method in both games. Firstly, you need to max out the medal value on the 3 different levels. That's 90pts with no slave, 900 with one slave and 9000 with 2 slaves equipped. With that done, all medals (regardless of amount of slaves equipped) should now be the 10,000pt gold bars.

To enter 100,000 point mode, you need to have 9 of these gold bar medals onscreen at the same time. When you do, they'll all explode and disappear. From here on in, the 10,000pt ones will increase in value all the way to 100,000 - providing you don't miss any. If you do, they reset to 10,000 and you have to build them up again.

RFJ

Even easier in RFJ. Have a slave ship equipped and the next airborne medal you reveal will be the Eagle type that follows your slave around the screen picking up other medals. Let that happen and avoid collecting it until its maxed-out and worth 2048000pts. Medals should be worth 10,000 points from now on and its a case of having 9 of them onscreen again so they can explode and enter 100,000pt mode.

Knowing where some of the Miclus appear is a big help in levelling-up the medals, so watch some of the top guys on the leaderboards to find out where some are.

Comment

Working...
                                X