No announcement yet.

Raiden Fighters Aces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found out that theres a demo for this on the JPN marketplace. Just played and absolutly loved it, another expensive game to add to my list. I absolutly love the music and it gives you the option to disable filters. Really nice package from what i've seen.

Comment

I've been pining for this since I played the demo a while ago.
      I now need to decide to get a gaming PC or a Japanese 360 for arcade brilliance.
      Can't afford both at the moment, otherwise I would.

Comment

Played about more of IV today then thought I better not make myself suffer any longe and started on this at 3pm with a terrible bout of flu for quick go then back to watch telly. I got the instant dislike to it for some reason (only played RF1) that I did with Battle Garraga (I put that up for sale as it took me a day to fall for it). After an hour though I was trully hooked and I think its going to be my fav shooter now. Love the medal system and the randomness of how you get to level 3 etc.. Its just fantastic and had to drag myself off it at 8pm.

The outlay on a 360 for this was definetly worth the admission My christmas pressie feels like being a kid with a speccy all over again.

Comment

Looking to order this over the next week. Was their an initial print run with an extra DVD that I should look out for or was that Raiden IV only?

Comment

Raiden IV has a CD soundtrack, this has a superplay DVD. So far I haven't heard of a copy of the game coming without the DVD. Maybe the initial print run hasn't sold out or they decided to include the extra disc with subsequent print runs.

Comment

Not sure about Aces as certain sites dont seem to list the DVD extra (ie PA) so I dunno if it was one print only I doubt it though as they also dont list RIV audio cd bonus. Its getting harder and harder to get and the price is gradually going up for it I know that much (its £65 at VGI now sealed with DVD wheras it was £50 not so long ago). Im just glad I got it cheap for £38 when I did months ago before the machine.

I was pretty much hooked on the live scoring mode until Flu hit me Monday as its one credit go as far as you can and score which is what I do anyway and managed to get 21st with one ship (140 odd overall). Its a serious deep game and Im only talking about RF1 which alot consider the weakest. I cant believe Ive got the other two also

Comment

Got mine today off play-asia. Came with the Insanity Disc. This game is all out nuts, its been along time since i've played a really difficult shooter. The achievements make me cry.

Also why do people like scanlines so much? Personally, i turn them off on anything that has them.
                Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 26-01-2009, 18:47.

Comment

Loads of bug fixes and added scanline an frame rate options

Comment

So is the 96hr achievement in total, or one sitting?

Comment

It's in total. Those achievements glitched for me. I got them all unexpectedly after going into one of practice modes for a few minutes.

Comment

Are people using stick or pad for this?

Just got it this morning, and think it's great so far. I'm pretty bollocks at it though, 815,000 top score so far.

Keep getting hit by 1 single small bullet

Comment

I only had a pad when I first got the game. First time I played it after getting a stick I set a new high score. Stick all the way for me now!

Comment

Stick

If you want to do score compares add Dazzyman (only been playing RF1 so far on it as been sticking to RIV).

Comment

Stick for me as well Nick.

I've been a stick man ever since I got my Hori SC2 for the Ps2 not long after picking up Mushihimesama & there's no way I could go back to a pad for them now.

You just cant get the twitch movements fluidly enough on a D-pad to be able to miss the hit box with some of the mental patterns the developers employ these days.

Neil

Comment

Yea you need to tap sometimes especially with bosses and pads just dont work as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X