No announcement yet.

GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The water effects themselves are superb. There's real buoyancy to them.

As for it being PS2-like. I'd disagree. A couple of quick snaps I took.

Comment

Shots always look better on paper tho, it's when you see them on screen that the textures are incredibly muddy and the distance detail is poor.

Comment

Originally posted by [nothing] View Post
        So, there is no pop-in on the PS3 version?

I'm not a graphical whore or anything, just you know, want to know.
        There's vegetation pop-in and also pop-in for objects like bins and such. I'm sure the filter in the distance is also being used to mask texture replacement too. If you're concerned if it's like Oblivion or Mass Effect where painful changes happen right in front of your face to the environment/or/characters then don't. It's really not been that much of an issue from what I've played.

I think the jaggies are more of an issue, but most of the problems with the graphics are offset by the excellent art design.

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        Shots always look better on paper tho, it's when you see them on screen that the textures are incredibly muddy and the distance detail is poor.
        I agree on the muddy part. Distance hasn't been too bad for me though. Sure, we're not talking Assassin's Creed/Lost Cause level of draw distance, but those games didn't have a complex physics system and a whole bunch of other stuff to deal with.

Comment

Anyone else having a tough time connecting to multiplayer matches?

Yoshi and Zooki keep inviting me but once it connects it boots me back to the single player all the time.

When I go to find a ranked game it always creates one rather than finding one as well.

Anyone else?

Comment

Hows this integrate with the Rockstar Social Club then, is there somewhere you enter your membership number.

Comment

How does those Surround Sound headphones i hear about work then? Im sure it would be quite excellent on this. I do all my gaming through headphones, so i wouldn't mind picking a pair up if they work like they say.

Comment

Sat here patiently waiting for the kid to go to bed to play it Just got the game....

Anyone in Brighton I may be able to hook you up if you pm me real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
                  Hows this integrate with the Rockstar Social Club then, is there somewhere you enter your membership number.
                  It should just be a case of linking your Live account to your Social Club account (kind of like the Halo 3 system) but the site doesn't go live properly until Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by tyler View Post
                    Nope. It's a little stupid and I blame MS not Rockstar but really it's not something to worry about. It's certainly not jarring.
                    why MS? you think MS wouldn't approve an installation option? Halo 3 does make use of the HD drive as well ("optimized for Hard Drive")!

Comment

Got my copy of the spec ed this afternoon, lovely stuff, the safe box is proper heavy! The cover move works much better than i thought and its nice to have a deeper fighting system. Cars have a real 'weight' to them now which improves matters so much. I love the animation quality too, everything flows so nicely

Prob not going to bed tonight, got tons of overtime to do at work next week so ill cram it into the next 36 hours

Comment

It's... OK. Graphics are a bit of a blurry mess, with a lot of jaggie shimmer and the usual 360 contrast issues with seriously crushed blacks. Adjustable in the options of course. But the real issue is the focus blur, which seems to be pretty close as well it's not like it kicks in miles away.

Some daft things as well, like the phone not being backlit (or can you turn it on?) so the screen is a dark green with black text on it.

And the control is annoying, the right stick moves the camera but not your direction like most 3rd person games these days, and seemingly no option. Once more, like the previous games, the car chase cam doesn't turn with the car when cornering, it's a little behind making things that much more awkward.

Now that's not to say I'm not enjoying it. After the rather pathetic writing of SA this is a big step up, the characters for the most part are written better, though some bad lines here and there (just over an hour in). Pacing is nice enough.

Cars feel like in the other games. The physics are nice. I accidently ran over a guy (honest!), he ended up on the car roof before tumbling behind me. I swtiched to the rear view, he was down, so I stopped and turned the car round - and he was gone Also, saw a car run someone over right in front of a cop car, and nothing happened - he just drove off, the police done nothing.

Maybe I was hoping for a bit more.

However....

So far, so GTA. It's a successor of the previous games. Graphics are better than previous games of course, but they're not really that great - what I wouldn't give for some AA! Story is coming along well, and I imagine online will be great.

I'm sure more will present itself as I continue. I like the small touches, such as watching TV, it's a nice evolution of the satirical nature of the game.

If you didn't like the other games, this won't change your mind. Shame the control is ropey (though the fist fights are pretty good), especially after Crackdown showed how to do it.

Comment

the graphics to scale ratio is very impressive,

surround sound headphones i need some too, anyone help us ?

Comment

If you do a search there's plenty of discussions already on surround sound headsets and it'll save this thread for impressions

Here's a starter for 10:

Comment

thanks ok,

can anyone tell me if the autosave feature works, as after every mission it saves auto save, does thios mean i can then instantly turn the game off, and when i load it up again ill pick off in the state i left off?

or do you need to do the manual save at ur home?

Comment

Does anyone know if the PS3 version has a custom soundtrack option?

Comment

Working...
                                X