No announcement yet.

Ninja Gaiden 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was messing about with the game on Mentor and recorded myself playing the two 'cheapest' sections in the game: The beginning of Chapter 8 with the rocket and robot spam and also the river section in Chapter 9 with the rocket spam. I uploaded these clips to YouTube in order to show these sections can be done without resorting to health items. My lifebar isn't even maxed out since I have 5 spare LotTGs in both clips.

Here we go...

(make sure to "watch in high quality" or you can't tell what's going on)

Chapter 8 Mentor:

Chapter 9 Mentor:
    Probably the cheapest area in the whole game. Tons and tons of rockets. Enjoy watching!

Edit: newly added, Chapter 10 Mentor (didn't think I'd survive this one):
    Last edited by Mephistopheles; 16-07-2008, 21:56.

Comment

Got done with this the other night and feel very cheated. Don't have time to sum up all my thoughts but briefly I feel there's been zero gameplay progression. Your in the shoes of one of the most versatile gaming character's created and even with the 360's power your still so so limited to what and where you can go. About 3 chapters too long I reckon also.

Comment

The Chapter 6 'mini' boss is kicking my @$$!

Comment

i am on chapter 8 now and except for some of the boss fights and the poor cam i'm really loving this game. again one of the most satisfying action games ever! at least as classy as God of War 2 and miles better than DMC4 in my opinion.

Comment

I used seven Life of the Gods and needed two more to complete it. I've just found another one which I've used and noticed all my other ones have disappeared. I used a Lives of the Thousand Gods in between the seven and this one, but I thought they stacked so even if I used a Lives of the Thousand Gods whatever individual ones I used would still be lit until I complete it. I'm sure I didn't fill it with individual ones since finding this solo one. How annoying to have wasted a further energy bar increase if this is the case.

Comment

anybody know what the latest patches were for? i think i've download 3 patches on total already.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_woo View Post
                Is that the

form after you've killed it as a big beastie having to use arrows to kill it ? If so there's a pretty easy way to kill him in his last form. Equip your scythe and just run up to him and lay into him when he's at the edge of the cliff. After a while he'll go to grab you, activate your ninpo and this prevents him grabbing. Then keep laying into him. Shouldn't take too long though of course sometimes it's a bit of luck depending on when he tries to grab you

I can't get to that point , I'm stuck onthe part where you have to use arrows , can you help ???

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  I can't get to that point , I'm stuck onthe part where you have to use arrows , can you help ???
                  To start off with,

push the right bumper to activate auto-aim, makes the whole fight easier!
                  First you'll shoot his head, then his glowing chest. After every hit run or jump away, as his blood attack is quite damaging. When he launches the ghost fish, you cant really do anything except jump. For some reason, they dont hurt you if they hit whilst you're jumping.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    IMO, its the worst bit of the game, that Boss.

When aiming for the head, try and position yourself in the middle or he'll just smash the **** out of you with his fist attacks.

Once you've hit him in the head, the chest orb stays lit for quite a while so don't be afraid to take your time and wait for a "safe" opportunity to shoot it. You can avoid the vomit attack quite easily by strafing out of the way with LT+LS until the attack is over, then strafe back into the middle and shoot the orb. If he vomits at you again, then rinse and repeat.

If he launches those glowing ghosts instead, use the Art of the Inferno Ninpo and it'll get most, if not all of them and you'll get some essence too. Or you could just try and hit them with a Y attack from your weapon, but its quite hard to get them all that way.

Trying to hit the orb a couple of times in a row is dangerous. You can sometimes get away with it, but the safest tactic is to dodge his next attack first and wait for a better opportunity.

His white beam attack is devastating and unblockable, but its obvious when he's going to do it as he drops his head down to your level and goes through a kinda charging motion. Just make sure your arrow doesn't miss and it'll prevent him unleashing it.

Comment

hmmm, I just got the the final boss (I think)

the bearded guy?

but almost no life left because I accidently saved after defeating

Genshing and Elizabeth

where I used up almost all my life. (I wanted to reload my file and defeat those 2 with less damage)

so, question is easy, is it even worth my time thinking I can defeat the final boss without almost any extra life to take ?? (I'm playing on warrior) or is it better for my nerves to just start over again? and make sure I'm well prepared for the end fight....

ps. I don't mind playing the game over again because I love this bloodbath !

Comment

Can't you backtrack to the shop / save point near the huge door?

If not, you might be struggling because that's not the final boss you're at...

Comment

I'm in deep **** then .....

I don't have any money left to buy something in that shop! (spend it all on beer and women...)

oh well, let's start all over again !

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                            I'm in deep **** then .....

I don't have any money left to buy something in that shop! (spend it all on beer and women...)

oh well, let's start all over again !
                            I take it your playing using auto save switch to manual in future,

Did you kill all the Giant Pirahna fish in the blood? - huge potential for wealth here also do you have any Life of a thousand gods left? - I tend to save these as not not do they extend your life bar they give you all your life back. It is possible to beat game from the section your on to the end but it takes patience I too was in the same situation and managed to finish the game.

Comment

yeah, no more auto save for me, that for sure.

so far I din't have any problems in the game, so I didn't even expect to get into trouble at the end as well.
                              I used the life of a thousand gods at the end of level bosses to fill my energy...
                              I used all the money on upgrading all the weapons (half of which I never use) ....

But I have no patience doing the same part 20 or 30 times, I rather start all over as I loved the game so far !

Comment

Almost snapped the game in half today, one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.

I'm on the last level, killed all the giant piranha fishes and saved, got killed by the final boss and decided to leave the game for a while.

Now the giant piranha fishes are back and I can't seem to get past them... argh... hate this game and I hate it more that I'm going to leave it unfinished!

Comment

Working...
                                X