No announcement yet.

Ninja Gaiden 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question, how do I auto-aim with the bow?

On the final boss and fiding it hard manually aiming the charged arrows at his face and core.

Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post

On the final boss and fiding it hard manually aiming the charged arrows at his face and core.

Please help!
      hold B but don't touch analogue, Ryu will automatically aim at nearest available target

Comment

Originally posted by Morph View Post
        hold B but don't touch analogue, Ryu will automatically aim at nearest available target
        Thanks Morph! Appreciate the answer, will give it a go tonight and hopefully put this boss to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post

Please help!
          fully charge the shot!

Comment

Big thanks to neoboy and kubrick. I at last finished this last night . Great game almost ruined by that last Boss .

Other than that , hands down the best game I've played this year

Comment

Mission Mode is back up, plus I had to download a new update so presumably that'll be an end to the freezing cutscene issues and achievement glitches...

Probably my favourite game of the year, so far, as well. When the previous patch broke it I turned to Sigma on the PS3 to satisfy my cravings. I'd never really played it before so it was all good.

Comparing the two though, I prefer NG2 by quite a margin. Less puzzling/backtracking and more violence/action FTW

Comment

I've been messing about with the mission mode. It really is rather fantastic. Lots of variety with the enemy and boss setups. Difficulty also ramps up nicely as you unlock higher difficulties each time you complete a mission. There's also a couple of bastard hard survival missions which restrict you to a specific weapon, which is great for learning them. Overall I think this will increase the longevity of the game by another couple of weeks or months for the people (or should I call them 'freaks') who've already completed Master Ninja mode!

Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                  ...plus I had to download a new update so presumably that'll be an end to the freezing cutscene issues and achievement glitches...
                  Unfortunately, no, it seems to be not...
                  I updated again last night and the game keeps freezin': this time, I had one at the second cutscene of chapter 12, right after mid-boss battle.

Well, I think I'll complete my run offline, but at this point I can't decide if buying Mission Mode or not.
                  Last edited by jpeg; 31-07-2008, 12:11.

Comment

The new patch fixes all the problems with mission mode i.e. you can upload your scores and unlock achievements. However the story mode cutscene freezing remains.

Also, you need the patch in order to be able to play mission mode. So if you delete the patch in order to play story mode, you can no longer play mission mode. A sad state of affairs but hopefully it will all be cleared up in a few days.

Comment

any incentive to continue the game once i beat it and attempt another play through on the same difficulty level? it's a lot of fun slashing through the enemie hordes with ease that's for sure but is there ultimately any challenge or reward?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                        any incentive to continue the game once i beat it and attempt another play through on the same difficulty level? it's a lot of fun slashing through the enemie hordes with ease that's for sure but is there ultimately any challenge or reward?
                        I started a second run at the same difficulty level in order to complete all the Challenges (I missed a couple of them) and find all the Skulls: I don't know anything about specific rewards/Achievements...

It would be a great chance for you to take that bloody revenge against Armadillo(es) though.
                        Last edited by jpeg; 31-07-2008, 12:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Mephistopheles View Post
                          A sad state of affairs but hopefully it will all be cleared up in a few days.
                          Yeah, you're right: I hope so...

Comment

Originally posted by jpeg View Post
                            I started a second run at the same difficulty level in order to complete all the Challenges (I missed a couple of them) and find all the Skulls: I don't know anything about specific rewards/Achievements...

It would be a great chance for you to take that bloody revenge against Armadillo(es) though.
                            where can i see how many skulls left to find and what's the reward for getting all of them?

regarding the challenges: i am sure i completed all of them but it didn't give me any reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                              where can i see how many skulls left to find and what's the reward for getting all of them?

regarding the challenges: i am sure i completed all of them but it didn't give me any reward.
                              There's 30 skulls in total. Your leaderboard details should tell you how many skulls you've collected so far. The more skulls you obtain, the higher karma points you get for killing each enemy.

Regarding the Test of Valors, the reward is the items you get for completing them as well as the feeling of satisfaction. Is that not enough? For the record, on Mentor and Master Ninja mode, they get much, much, much harder.

Comment

Mission mode is so much fun! For anyone still on the fence about it, I've uploaded vids of a few of the early missions, so you can get a taste for it:

Mission 4 (Mentor):
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mission 5 (Master Ninja):
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mission 7 (Master Ninja):

Make sure to watch 'em in high quality. And the later missions do get more interesting, but I don't want to spoil too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X