No announcement yet.

Ninja Gaiden 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put this in today for the first time in a few days and have been prompted for a game update. Does anybody know what it's for?

Comment

It fixes a glitch in the tunnel section in chapter 9. If you went into the tunnel and died your path out would be blocked by an invisible wall. I don't think it does anything else.

Comment

Just gone through this on Warrior, solely using the Scythe. Finished it with quite a few healing items left over, and completed all the Tests of Valour. Just tried it on Mentor and it is nails, but feel I am slowly getting better.

Love this game, as every time I play I feel I'm slowly but surely getting better.......

Comment

i thought the bosses were relatively easy compared to the first game but it seems i am already stuck at chapter 2. any tricks here to beat the boss? he seems invincible to even magic attack and frequently breaks my blocks. frustrating, especially considering the game has been a walk in the park until now.

Comment

Don't jump. Dash. A lot. If you time it right you'll be able to dash to avoid his attack then get a couple of hits in before you need to dash away again.

Comment

Chapter 5's Tests of Valor is the hardest for me so far on Warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                Chapter 5's Tests of Valor is the hardest for me so far on Warrior.
                Is that Statue of Liberty stage?

Comment

also playing on warrior , I'm at chapter 10 now, so far the bosses are not so hard (not like in the 1st game), but the test of Valor are hard ! so far I skipped 2 of them, all others I did manage to survive though....

great action game !

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                    Is that Statue of Liberty stage?
                    Venice.

The most difficult Test Of Valor for me on Warrior, was the one I missed on my Acolyte playthrough - "Five of Yellow", which is the one in the flying fortress. Its full of RPG Ninjas and those Mechanical enemies that explode when you kill them. Took me a few attempts to finally do it, and when I did, I had no items left.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                      Venice.

The most difficult Test Of Valor for me on Warrior, was the one I missed on my Acolyte playthrough - "Five of Yellow", which is the one in the flying fortress. Its full of RPG Ninjas and those Mechanical enemies that explode when you kill them. Took me a few attempts to finally do it, and when I did, I had no items left.
                      Ahh. Hardest one for me was the Statue of Liberty one. Took me ages. The battleship one was my second worst.

I thought you may get something for doing them all. But no. Just a ruddy achievment.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                        Don't jump. Dash. A lot. If you time it right you'll be able to dash to avoid his attack then get a couple of hits in before you need to dash away again.
                        i dash around and land a few lucky hits every now and then. but as soon as i've used up all my healing herbs he makes short work of me in no time. is this boss fight supposed to be funny or even challenging? i call this piss poor game design

is this boss fight just a taste of what's to come? if so i'll stop playing and sell the game.

update: finally did it by constantly blocking with LT and hitting Y like crazy. kind of cheap.
                        Last edited by Uli; 09-07-2008, 02:21.

Comment

OMG ! Chapters 12 to 14 are a knock out , and the GFX just go up to insane levels with some of the most impresive Art I've seen in years .

I'm getting my assed kicked on what I think is the last boss though , big time

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                            update: finally did it by constantly blocking with LT and hitting Y like crazy. kind of cheap.
                            Nothing cheap with what you did. That's the strategy. Each boss has their own strategy which once you figure it out makes them piss easy. The satisfaction comes from figuring out the best strategies. Hence, there's nothing piss poor or unfair about the game design of the boss fights.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            OMG ! Chapters 12 to 14 are a knock out , and the GFX just go up to insane levels with some of the most impresive Art I've seen in years .

I totally agree. Those two chapters look stunning. The best looking in the game by far and prove that Team Ninja can do good art.

Comment

Is that the

form after you've killed it as a big beastie having to use arrows to kill it ? If so there's a pretty easy way to kill him in his last form. Equip your scythe and just run up to him and lay into him when he's at the edge of the cliff. After a while he'll go to grab you, activate your ninpo and this prevents him grabbing. Then keep laying into him. Shouldn't take too long though of course sometimes it's a bit of luck depending on when he tries to grab you

Comment

Originally posted by Mephistopheles View Post
                                Nothing cheap with what you did. That's the strategy. Each boss has their own strategy which once you figure it out makes them piss easy. The satisfaction comes from figuring out the best strategies. Hence, there's nothing piss poor or unfair about the game design of the boss fights.
                                it's cheap because you need more luck than skill or strategy! i barely managed to survive this fight and i've also lost a few times before doing exactly the same. that's not what a boss strategy is supposed to sound like, right? also some people recommended to not block at all and just dash.

good to hear. Manhatten (chapter 3) looks terrible, so i take it things can just get better
                                Last edited by Uli; 10-07-2008, 20:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X