No announcement yet.

Soul Calibur IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what you need to do if you want to perform a critical finisher - keep attacking your opponent as they block more & more they will flash more & more eventually their armour will explode and they will stagger for a couple of seconds you have to press the 4 buttons as soon as the armour explodes basically during the stagger is also ok. You can't do it any time they are flashing red.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
      I've never pulled it off either .

OT-when the hell is Tekken 6 coming to home systems, and I thought there was a video up on XBL but I couldn't find it...
      Don`t would love to know too. They have just released another incarnation with two new characters in the Arcade Need to play more SCIV not played as much as I thought I would tmrw morn will give it a bash again. Critical finish seems nigh on impossible lol
      Last edited by JU!; 19-01-2009, 14:33.

Comment

Thanks, btw-what is SCIV like online? Lag?

Comment

Originally posted by Morph View Post
          what you need to do if you want to perform a critical finisher - keep attacking your opponent as they block more & more they will flash more & more eventually their armour will explode and they will stagger for a couple of seconds you have to press the 4 buttons as soon as the armour explodes basically during the stagger is also ok. You can't do it any time they are flashing red.
          thanks mate, but what's the point in flashing then? also, if i have to continue to attack regularly in order to pull it eventually of? doesn't make much sense as i will most likely have finished my opponent off without even getting a chance for the critical finisher.

Comment

There are some some vids on YouTube but I still couldn't do it even though I think all four button presses are on one of the buttons.

Pisses me off that you have to do some fancy guff show-off move to progress instead of er.. just beating the CPU fair and square.

I've had terrible problems with lag even to the point I couldn't even get a quick low-frame slash in.
            I admit I'm far from the best at SC but I'm far better than my online stats would suggest, something like P10 W1 D0 L9

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
              thanks mate, but what's the point in flashing then? also, if i have to continue to attack regularly in order to pull it eventually of? doesn't make much sense as i will most likely have finished my opponent off without even getting a chance for the critical finisher.
              the flashing red bar is really an indication that a players soul gauge is dangerously low and may soon burst if further attacks are blocked. Critical finisher were designed as a way of punishing players who are happy to just sit back block every attack and do very little of anything else bit like the guard bar in Street Fighter Zero 3 except they were never meant to be a regular occurrence more a rare one given the penalty of instant defeat.

Comment

Working...
              X