No announcement yet.

Braid [XBL/PSN]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed toythatkills. It's hard to figure at first, but it makes perfect sense.

As toy said, the key is not green. That's what makes the difference between previous keys in other levels in that world.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
      The important thing to note is that the key is not green, and is therefore affected by time. In that world when you move right, time goes forward and when you move left, it goes back. If you grab the key and move right then it sticks with you because you are progressing through time normally. If you move left, though, the key goes back in time, which means it follows whatever route it took to get to where you were. That's why it pings to the bottom of ladders and such. It takes some getting used to, but it does make sense.
      ah makes sense now will go back and look again i thought it was just randomly glitching about as it dose move with quite a jerkiness.

Comment

It only moves with a jerkiness because of the animation when you carry it.

Comment

Recently started this. World 3 is fab. Last night I had every piece bar 1, and just couldn't figure out how to get it. Until that is; I found the

lever that releases the platform, that you can stand on so time doesn't effect you.

Headslappingly simple. Awesome game, those who have done the time trials I salute you, that can't be an easy task. Getting the puzzle bits is hard enough when you know exactly how to do it.

Comment

Just "solved" my first world. Was surprised that I did world 4 first - expected the later levels to be harder, not easier! Very satisfying nonetheless.

I have to say that even though I understood the mechanics for "Fickle Companion" it still didn't seem to work quite correctly. A couple of times my key would just spontaneously jump from one point of the level to another which bore no relation to its previous movement; at least that's how it seemed to me.

Comment

It definitely works fine (I spent a loooot of time on it), but it is the hardest level in the game to get your head around by a long way

Comment

Was never particularly won over by the demo of this, but thought at 800 points it'd be worth a flutter in light of all of the hype. Overall, glad I took the plunge, but by 'eck is it frustrating the hell out of me. Managed to get 40 pieces so far this evening, but some of those have been a real nightmare. Slightly disappointingly, some of the tougher ones have been more relieving than satisfying to get.

Best thing for me without question is the story. Quite pretentious yes, but also quite profound. Considering this is done by the one guy I can't help but get the feeling there's some quite serious heart-on-sleeve plottage here. If the comments about an 'awesome ending' earlier in the thread hold true than I can tell I'm going to love it.

Comment

At 800 points it's an absolute bargain. Wish I hadn't bought when I did! (About 2 days before the promotion.)

Still, totally worth the money.

Comment

I finished this by getting all the puzzle pieces yesterday. It was my great pleasure to play. It most reminded me of Zack & Wiki in that there was a logical solution which could be discovered by simply thinking. This is better in one way, though, because it doesn't harass the player with annoyingly long levels and badly placed checkpoints.

I just managed to reset the game by selecting "new game" from the start menu, though, which is really annoying! I've got a bit of a headache and I'm finding it hard to see straight, which might be the reason...

Comment

it looks like anyone who missed this last year (ie, me) is going to get a second chance soon on PSN.

This is uncannily timed for me... I was itching to try this game yesterday, for some bizarre reason.
                      Was one click away from getting a PC copy for my borked windows box. Now I'm happy to wait and braid it up on me telly.

Comment

Out on PSN.

Can anyone confirm if it works with a Saturn USB pad plugged into your PS3? Megaman 9 worked.

Then again PC Braid didn't recognise generic USB pads, so I'm of the impression that the developers are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                          Then again PC Braid didn't recognise generic USB pads, so I'm of the impression that the developers are idiots.
                          One of the horrible side effects of using the XInput API instead of DirectInput I think.

Comment

I picked this this week for the PS3
                            it is a great game
                            Was just thinking has one picked this up for the PSN or is it just me , just finished my firsh playthrough last night damn it was fun , it make's you think now back to get the rest of them damn puzzle bits

Comment

got this for $2.50 from the steam holiday sale and am up to world 5. It's ok, has a lot of really good ideas, but more than anything it seems frustrating. Some puzzle pieces are easy but then there are the ones that I spend 30 seconds working out what to do and then half an hour trying to pull it off. So far the worst was the level with

the key that goes back in time when you walk left. you have to get a sparkly goomba on a platform and jump on him to bounce up another level. the slightest movement to the left sends the key back to the bottom

. I don't consider myself bad at platforming, and this just saps any fun out of what seems to be a fairly interesting puzzle game

EDIT: heh checked a page back, fickle companion is the one I'm talking about. good to know I'm not the only one who thought it was rubbish
                              Last edited by mekanor; 27-12-2009, 13:08.

Comment

Will be downloading this off xbox on the 29th, it's gonna be their deal of the day for 560 ms points.

The "leaked list" say's it will be anyway so don't blame me if it's not on offer lol

Comment

Working...
                                X