Viva Pinata : Trouble in Paradise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viva Pinata : Trouble in Paradise.

Not having played Viva Pinata 1 much I decided to sit with this when I got it this afternoon....
    Only just finished my small session about 5 hours later, man it's addictive.

You can track progress and stats on http://www.vivapinata.com and also look at the screenshots you can take too.

As for the game well there is a story yknow, Professor Peste has managed to delete the Pinata Database and its upto you to restore the database by finding every Pinata in the Pinata islands. You also have challenges to complete too by shipping specific Pinata's around the world with maximum candyosity or with certain requirements for kids parties.
    There are now Sand and Artic based Pinatas/Gardens although I only visited the Sand level as it was part of tutorial. I have been stuck in my main garden for hours just making it look better and getting rid of evil weeds when they crop up and making everything nice. I spent at least 5 hours on it today and barely scratched the surface, looks like there is a lot more depth to it too especially with the 2 new islands/gardens to visit alongside your main garden.

Very nicely done wee game which makes me wish I had given more time to the original now.

I had a quick 20 minutes go on this before work and almost ended up being late. It is really really addictive, just like the original. If you didn't like the original though then I don't think this sequel will change your opinion, it is more of the same with a few new added features such as co-op play and more pinatas!

Comment

So is this more like the original or another minigame ****efest?

Comment

It is like the original mate and not the party animals spin-off, that was full of mini-games.

Comment

That's good, I rather enjoyed the original.

Comment

Ah this game is so addictive, just had a 3 hour session on it when I was only intending to play for an hour. Just like Family Fry, I don't think I have even scratched the surface of the game, there is so much to do and see. I have almost unlocked a bigger garden now which I really need as my current one is getting rather crowded!

I love the inclusion of the romancing mini-game now, simple yet fun. Special mention must go to Pinata Vision, its integration is seamless. If you have a Live Vision Camera the game will detect it automatically and tell you how to use it. You get 2 cards free with the game (inside the box) and scanning those in took me a few seconds. You basically scan the card in horizontally, the camera picks up the card (giving you an alert when it does) and the item appears in your garden instantly, what more could you ask for?! Love it

Oh and as Family Fry pointed out you can now take screenshots and then upload em, here is one I took earlier.....

Last edited by ezee ryder; 05-09-2008, 01:23.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
              I love the inclusion of the romancing mini-game now, simple yet fun.
              Wasn't that in the original too?

Anyway, good to see it's more of the same, as I quite enjoyed the first one. One thing I didn't like though was the frequency of fights between your pinata. Has this been toned down or altered in any way, or is it exactly the same as original?

Comment

Originally posted by themanwithapc View Post
                Wasn't that in the original too?

Anyway, good to see it's more of the same, as I quite enjoyed the first one. One thing I didn't like though was the frequency of fights between your pinata. Has this been toned down or altered in any way, or is it exactly the same as original?
                I haven't had any fights yet but I haven't got any pinata that dislike each other yet.

The romancing mini-game is much more fun now with the difficulty increasing every romance and leaderboards for the completion time.

Comment

Is the garden sizes the same as the original?

Comment

does it still have the screen burn special flower in the corner all the time (which put me off the first one).

Comment

Originally posted by joe90 View Post
                      does it still have the screen burn special flower in the corner all the time (which put me off the first one).
                      ummm, yeah, if that really bothers you it's still there.

Comment

So whats the tips on this for keeping them all apart? Never played more than 1hour on first couple of weeks ago (then decided Im getting 2 so wouldnt play it anymore) but I did get abit lost with it as I breeded loads of the worms then they where running all over so am I susposed to fence each creature in?

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                          So whats the tips on this for keeping them all apart? Never played more than 1hour on first couple of weeks ago (then decided Im getting 2 so wouldnt play it anymore) but I did get abit lost with it as I breeded loads of the worms then they where running all over so am I susposed to fence each creature in?
                          I have never bothered. You can easily find any of them in 2 by using the pinata scrolling thing (RB and LB). No more chasing/looking for them.

Comment

Oh added tip for people, on one of the pages in the manual (the one that talks about the vision cam) you can scan that card!!

enjoy.

Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by joe90 View Post
                              I'm not sure if it does anything to prevent it, but in the options there's a setting for TV type (CRT/LCD/plasma). I think it just changes the colours, but it could do something for the TV types that are prone to burn-in.

Comment

Working...
                              X