PlayTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayTV

Got this today and loving it! Its so easy to set up and use, and all the channels look so much better than the previous freeview box I was using.

The box comes with the device, USB cable, setup disc and a stick-on face for the Bluetooth remote which is very handy when trying to navigate.

I dont have a proper roof-aerial in my room so I have to make do with using an indoor one, and the signal is usually <40%, but everything runs so smoothly.

The whole thing runs so smoothly and is so simple to use, and it looks so professional.

For the price that you can get it for online, I highly recommend all PS3 owners to get one!

Does this have a series link function? I can't imagine it being too much use to me if not as I'd still forget to set it to record something.

Comment

can u definatly copy stuff over to psp, without streaming by wifi,
      is this easy to do also?

Comment

The main concern with this thing is probably the hard drive space. Your probably going to need to upgrade in order to get the most out of it. I still only have a 60gb.

I'm glad the impressions are good, i might invest in one soon as i can't stand the inbuilt freeview on my tv.

Comment

Is this a viable solution for a household that receives an appalling tv signal? We had sky but had to get rid of it. - The trees around our house grew leaves (as they tend to do in the spring) and cut off all tv signal. Now we get three channels, all of average to poor quality.

Doesn't really bother me but my wife is really missing the tv.

Comment

Doesn't work with a US PS3 right?

Comment

Some on the forum have been saying it works with a JP PS3

Comment

put it as you like it but over the air TV is and remains low quality TV, regardless of location. i don't know anyone who is satisfied with it. a wasted opportunity for Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                  Does this have a series link function? I can't imagine it being too much use to me if not as I'd still forget to set it to record something.
                  Not that I can see. You have to manually select each program you want to record.

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                  can u definatly copy stuff over to psp, without streaming by wifi,
                  is this easy to do also?
                  I believe so. The way to do it is to copy it onto the PS3 guide from within PlayTV and then it becomes a standard MPEG-2 video in your Video menu. From there I copied it onto an SD and then onto my PC with no problems.

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                  Is this a viable solution for a household that receives an appalling tv signal? We had sky but had to get rid of it. - The trees around our house grew leaves (as they tend to do in the spring) and cut off all tv signal. Now we get three channels, all of average to poor quality.

Doesn't really bother me but my wife is really missing the tv.
                  I dunno, I was worrying about it not being able to work well with my indoor aerial (which was pretty poor with my previous freeview box), but it has surprised me and the quality is great with no cutouts or anything. And this is with a 30-45% signal strength.

Comment

hmm, I'm going to seriously look into this today If it doesn't work I can sell it on at cost price I guess.

Comment

Just got mine this morning and I totally agree with what HaHa has said, it is a great piece of kit. Very simple and easy to set-up, no hassle at all.

You just install the disc you get with it on the hard drive, connect the device, follow on-screen instructions and you're ready to go. While the disc installs you also get to watch a very handy video, so none of that just staring at a progress bar.

I have an aerial connection in my room and the signal strength is 76&#37;, no drop in signal and everything looks great. The menus look so slick and professional, so much better than my previous freeview!

Oh and I am using this on Japanese 60GB PS3, so all you guys out there with import PS3 shouldn't have any problems using this

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                      I presume you mean the ability to record the same show the same time next week? If so, yes you can do that. You have the option to repeat the recording when you choose to recored the first time. I have put Fonejacker on record at 10pm tonight as I am at work, if everything goes smoothly and it records as intended then I will be using the repeat option to record it every week at the same time.
                      Last edited by ezee ryder; 17-09-2008, 18:12.

Comment

I wouldn't be buying one but does it record subtitles ?

I got Sky+ and plan to upgrade to Sky HD by christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                          I presume you mean the ability to record the same show the same time next week? If so, yes you can do that. You have the option to repeat the recording when you choose to recored the first time. I have put Fonejacker on record at 10pm tonight as I am at work, if everything goes smoothly and it record as intended then I will be using the repeat option to recored it every week at the same time.
                          It has the repeat function, but if a series changes time or something, then it wouldnt know.

Comment

Maybe I'm just being cheap but the high power consumption of the PS3 puts me off. Its not unusual for me to leave the TV on for 5 hours a day. This could mean a pretty big energy bill with the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
                              It has the repeat function, but if a series changes time or something, then it wouldnt know.
                              Yeah of course, then you would have to set in manually.

I am very happy with it, nice little piece of kit to have in my bedroom. Can record Match of the Day and other shows I would have usually missed from being at work or out.

Comment

Working...
                              X