No announcement yet.

PlayTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have to have your PS3 on to just watch TV with this?

Comment

Yes cos the PlayTV application is installed onto your PS3.

Comment

But can the TV aerial be put through a splitter, meaning that you can watch TV on your regular TV if you dont need to record anything?

Comment

how easy is it to record stuff to psp. is there any quality loss in the picture ?

thx

Comment

I should be getting mine tomorrow. I'm interested in the upscaling, but more than that I've read at so many places that the tuners are HD Ready for future proofing, yet CVG's review says the unit will not be able to recieve an HD terrestrial broadcast.

Comment

If you look at the official site and go into Questions then How Does it Compare in Viewing Quality...you'll see that it is "compatible with all The European standards for DVB-T digital terrestrial TV broadcasts".

Sony said quite a while back that you won't be able to view the HD test programmes we get over here at the moment but it just needs a software update which they said will be shortly after launch.

Comment

Still no positive confirmation on US PS3 compatibility?

Comment

Is there a series link feature?

Comment

It's already been answered above.

Comment

Does this actually come with built in tv channels? Or do you need a freeview box as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                        Does this actually come with built in tv channels? Or do you need a freeview box as well?
                        PlayTV is a freeview box so to speak.

Comment

No it comes with a small freeview receiver.

Setup mine earlier and I've been nothing but impressed. Currently watching the local news which I recorded as a test whilst I was out and I would never have guessed it was a recording. I was expecting a little picture degradation, but it's absolutely flawless. One feature I do like is being able to search for programmes by name.

Comment

Originally posted by smokedog View Post
                            Maybe I'm just being cheap but the high power consumption of the PS3 puts me off. Its not unusual for me to leave the TV on for 5 hours a day. This could mean a pretty big energy bill with the PS3.
                            I have the same concern. You'd have to start feeding the damn thing energon cubes. Even on stand-by it's an alco.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench View Post
                              No it comes with a small freeview receiver.
                              That's cool. Sadly I won't be getting it as I've just checked my area for availability and apparenlty my road isn't getting this until 2012!!!

Comment

I'm not getting you. So you can't get a digital signal at all? I'm sure there's no date on 'when' people are getting it, just when analogue broadcasts are switched off. I thought the whole country could receive DVB...aerial permitting of course.
                                Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 20-09-2008, 15:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X