PlayTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the page I went to.
    Last edited by Strider; 20-09-2008, 16:27.

Comment

Well that sucks. Didn't realise it didn't reach some areas, we've had it around these parts for a few years now, I would have thought the rest of the country would have caught up by now. By 2012 I reckon PlayTV might be redundant hardware

Comment

2012 is when the analogue signals will be stopped not when the digital signal will start.

We're going all digital in 2009 but everybody has had access to digital for 2 or 3 years already so the two dates aren't nessecerily the same.
        Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
        Well that sucks. Didn't realise it didn't reach some areas, we've had it around these parts for a few years now, I would have thought the rest of the country would have caught up by now. By 2012 I reckon PlayTV might be redundant hardware
        When it comes to HD broadcasting, this will probably be redundant in 2009 if Ofcom get their way in the UK. They want to move the HD signal over to DVB-T2 which is incompatible with the HD tuners available at the moment.

Comment

Strider you might want to remove the information as someone might use that to invite themselves in your house when you are not in.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
            Strider you might want to remove the information as someone might use that to invite themselves in your house when you are not in.
            Good advice Legendary

Comment

Where does this plug in? I know its the USB slot but if I were to but an 80gb PS3, would there be one at the back? Someone on play reckons theres no USB slot on the back of a PS3!

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
                I dont have a proper roof-aerial in my room so I have to make do with using an indoor one, and the signal is usually <40%, but everything runs so smoothly.
                wow I never thought about an indoor aerial

The room with my ps3 in doesn't have a aerial point,l do have one on the roof but i have just decorated and didn't want the mess !

Comment

Bought this today. Using the rooftop aerial we got 19 channels, switching to a set to aerial has given us 29 channels. My wife is happy as we she can watch tv again. We've been down to three channels for a while now so anything over that is an improvement.

Comment

Anyone think this is really overpriced? As most of the hardware is already in the PS3 e.g. HDD, prossessing of signal etc.
                    The box you get with it couldn't cost anymore than a ?20 Freeview box to produce.

There are still places in Northern Ireland that are less than 15 miles from Belfast that still can't get a Freeview signal.

Comment

wont it be better to buy a freeview pvr as i've seen one in argos with 250gig disc for 99 quid so it does seem expensive

is the playtv twin tuner or just 1 tuner ?

Comment

A friend of mine with no interest in gaming is considering buying a ps3 now because he wants a bluray player and a PVR all the in the same box and this is almost that.

Comment

It's exactly that isn't it!?

My family got quite excited when I told them that to watch DVDs, Blu-Rays, Films stored on the Mac Drive, listen to music from the iTunes library and watch live or recorded TV they could leave the TV on HDMI-1 and the amp on DVD rather than changing everything around all the time and use the PS3 remote to control it all.

Comment

Same question as Mr Ono, any ideas if this works on u.s consoles? As have heard rumours it does not, but don't understand why it would work on a Jp machine and not U.S?
                            Last edited by Escape-To-88; 22-09-2008, 13:58.
                            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

will the playback of digital tv be up-scaled to HD?

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666 View Post
                                Anyone think this is really overpriced? As most of the hardware is already in the PS3 e.g. HDD, prossessing of signal etc.
                                The box you get with it couldn't cost anymore than a ?20 Freeview box to produce.

There are still places in Northern Ireland that are less than 15 miles from Belfast that still can't get a Freeview signal.
                                RRP maybe, but I got it for just over 50 quid...so no I don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X