No announcement yet.

PlayTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same as before, signal isn't strong enough. Although I found it weird that if you use the now and next function it would work, but then there would be nothing for that channel on the guide. It sorted itself out once I bought a booster.

Comment

it's just buggy. It knows what is on but it doesn't put it in the guide. Channel 5 is worst for me. My aerial is a pro installation. I doubt u could get a cleaner, stronger signal than I have yet the epg is still flaky.

Comment

Just because you have a decent aerial doesn't mean you don't have a **** signal. There's other factors involved other than your equipment (geography being the main one), also just a quick google search will show you channel 5 on freeview has a poor signal for a lot of people as it broadcasts on a different signal mode to say the BBC channels. But yeah, if its getting the info for the now and then preview then it should populate that information in the guide too, however like I said it's not been a problem for me since I installed the booster.

Comment

Ive attached a signal booster box and that seems to have sorted the jerky stuff out, the guide is just me nit picking really, its all good i guess

Comment

Son of a bit! After the playtv update the other day i cant use signal booster box anymore, as soon as i plug it in the guide just reports no signal. asssss

Comment

Weird, I fired it up yesterday and didn't see an update, but if it has gone down without me realising it's still ok for me.

Comment

Checked it out last night and it was reporting an update, didn't realise I had to manually download it, but it took some searching to find the option! Updated no problems and everything is working fine. No idea what the update was for mind

*EDIT*

Can't find any info about the update, but ironically for you most people are seeing improvements in the speed of EPG.
                Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 21-11-2008, 06:26.

Comment

I think my playtv box thing that does all the jazz is faulty, its not the aeriel thing ive noticed that if i move the box around such a foot to the left or to the right, then the signal can die or recover all together, any ideas? should i get it replaced?

Comment

I would, its an expensive piece of plastic.

Comment

yeah, bit pissed with this playtv experiance so far

Comment

Version 1.02 has been released. Improves the speed the guide populates. Now it seems it's actually fully populated when you view it, no missing programmes.

Comment

Cheers. Mine's been perfect since 1.01 anyway though.

Comment

Yeah mine has for the most part, the odd missing programme usually popped in a few seconds later, so it wasn't really a problem.

Comment

Does it auto update?

Comment

Nope, you need to do it manually through the settings menu

Comment

Working...
                                X