No announcement yet.

PlayTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh pants, yes you're right. We don't have the bandwidth to make DVB-T work over here.

Comment

Silly question but I seem to have misplaced our PlayTV disc, does anybody know if there is another way to install it?

I don't have the TV icon on the XMB and although we will be getting a 2nd PlayTV box if we do pick up a US slim I'd rather avoid paying ?40 just to get a disc. I've had a look online and I've not been able to find anybody mentioning a different way of doing it.
      EDIT:
      Found it. We cleared out a load of stuff to give to charity a few weeks back and I had the horrible feeling that I'd put it in with a load of DVDs.

Yeah, I'd forgotten that OFCOM had gone for less popular DVB-T2 so this update won't affect us. At least with DVB-T2 we don't have to go through another change in the future as the the DVB-T countries will need to do. The DVB describes the first generation as a sort of stepping stone when moving from analogue to digital HD.

My money is on some sort of deluxe PlayTV box with more the two tuners and support for the 2nd gen of HD broadcasting some time down the line.
      Last edited by JP; 05-11-2009, 16:01.

Comment

You can borrow mine if that's any help?

Comment

Found it now, I've edited my post. I'm only really interested in it for Saturday and yes i would have bought another one to make sure I had it by then.

Thanks though.

Comment

Hello all!

I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I have the original 60GB backwards compatible version of the PS3 which has worked without a hitch since day one. But, I fired up PlayTV today to watch a recording of Charlie Brooker's Screen wipe and it just completely hung about 2 mins into the programme. There was no response from the controller or the buttons on the console. I tried everything, even letting it just sit and hopefully get back to normal after its strop for about 15 mins, (seems to work in other areas of life, not just technology... ), but nothing. So, I had to relent and turn it off at the mains. Unfortunately, PlayTV has now lost the last 4 months of recordings and under System Settings all that harddrive space has reappeared, from 50Gigs back to 220Gigs.(I stuck a 320Gig drive in there). Any ideas if there's any way to get that info back or get the PS3 to recognise it? I'm thinking there's no point in hooking the drive up to my PC or Mac as the recorded programmes will still 'exist' within PlayTV itself as they weren't copied to the XMB. It's bad enough having a weekly backup routine for 3 computers, but now I guess the PS3 will have to join the list. Bloody technology... tsk...

Any help or info would be much appreciated. Cheers, Spooky

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Green (Sony Cambridge)
              ...we're still working on Play TV & Play TV 2.
              I'm really hoping that now that OFCOM have now finished messing around with Freeview HD over here Sony are looking into a HD version of PlayTV.

Most areas should have access to Freeview HD by the end of the year but I believe it's 2012 before it's available everywhere. My area is due to be up and running in July, you can check here to see when your transmitter is due to be converted to HD.

I suppose this may be shown at E3 but GamesCom is Sony's usual choice for this sort of thing. I'm really hoping they go for at least three tuners as the current two are far too restrictive.

I'd also like to see a subscription card slot in the new model for services such as Sky Sports now that third parties can resell the services via their boxes.

Comment

I thought Play TV had one tuner as I have never been able to record more than one program at once.

Comment

It's a twin tuner, if it was a single tuner you'd only be able to watch the channel you were recording.

Comment

Could I ask someone a big favour please.

I have lost my Playtv disc could someone lend me one?

I am (fairly) trustworthy

Cheers guys!!

Comment

You can borrow mine you crazy fool! It'll be posted on Monday so I suppose it'll be Tuesday you'll get it. After the scare I had above, what ever the hell you do, please don't lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                        You can borrow mine you crazy fool! It'll be posted on Monday so I suppose it'll be Tuesday you'll get it. After the scare I had above, what ever the hell you do, please don't lose it.

Thanks John!

Phew

Comment

No problem.

It worried me when I couldn't find mine as if it turn up and I couldn't borrow one PlayTV would be completely useless. I'm surprised that they don't just let you download it from the Store really.

Comment

I've sent you a couple of quid PPG for postage John.

Comment

You didn't need to do that but I do appreciate it, Cheers!

Comment

It's just been posted so will hopefully be there tomorrow Neil.

Comment

Working...
                                X