Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anilones View Post
    Am I invisible?

I just said that they're likely to be out in December. Rock Band 2 isn't even out yet.

I know this mate as i have RB2 disc already just on the lookout for some import instruments now.

Comment

Originally posted by Anilones View Post
      That guitar (the official sunburst one) will eventually be released, I think it was speculated at being sometime in December. Remember that Rock Band 2 isn't out yet in UK.
      Thanks. I know RB2 isn't out in the UK yet, but teh solus disc is listed on all the gaming sites with a release date of next week. However the new peripherals are nowhere to be seen.

Bit disappointing as the original wireless RB2 guitar was supposed to be released in the UK shortly after the game, but as far as I can tell it never was. Boo!

Comment

Got my copy from shopto this morning I'm sure i'm just missing something really obvious here, but i can't find the option to import Rock Band 1 tracks anywhere, nor the Key needed to do this on the marketplace anywhere

Comment

You've gotta do it through the Extras menu (I think) in Rock Band 1. There's an option for "export." Somewhere in there

Comment

Ah ok. Cheers, i'll have a look

Comment

For anybody that didn't know.

There is a code on the back of the game booklet for 20 free songs.

Comment

The drum trainer is brilliant. Choose from 70 odd patterns and just practice, it's genious.

Freestyle mode is great for the ion kit as it recognises the cymbols separately from the pads, so you have snare, 3 toms, hi-hat, crash and bass pedal. You can drum along to music from your hard drive.

Going to practice some fills now as i have always been crap at them.
                Last edited by Gradius; 21-11-2008, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                  The drum trainer is brilliant. Choose from 70 odd patterns and just practice, it's genious.

Freestyle mode is great for the ion kit as it recognises the cymbols separately from the pads, so you have snare, 3 toms, hi-hat, crash and bass pedal. You can drum along to music from your hard drive.

You are making me very excited to get home.

Ion plus RB2 pluus exported songs = very happy house!

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post

What?!

I'm coming to yours as soon as I can mate!

Edit - Dammit, now I want the Ion kit.
                    Last edited by sharky_ob; 21-11-2008, 13:12. Reason: Just cause

Comment

I only noticed this the other day, but an excellent thing about the new interface of Rock Band 2 is that it allows you to play DLC albums in their entirety, in album order.

The inability to do that in the first game was a real disappointment for me, particularly when they hyped DLC albums so much, and stumbling across that in Rock Band 2 was a very good thing.

Particularly as it was when I was going to play the Foos album.

PS. Expert Everlong makes you feel like a drum god, particularly when the chorus hits after some furious hi-hatting.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob View Post
                        What?!

I'm coming to yours as soon as I can mate!

Edit - Dammit, now I want the Ion kit.
                        Check out the gaming set ups thread Matt.

Comment

DLC for next week got leaked by Harmonix on the RB1 store, pretty damn good list I have to say.

"Jesus Christ Pose" by Soundgarden
                          "Pretty Noose" by Soundgarden
                          "Laid To Rest" by Lamb of God

Yngwie Malmsteen Pack
                          "Red Devil"
                          "Damnation Game"
                          "Caprici Di Diablo"

The Killers Pack
                          "Spaceman"
                          "Mr. Brightside"
                          "Smile Like You Mean It "

Malmsteen should be pretty fun on expert guitar. Need to practice my front kicks during intense solos without booting my TV.

Comment

Having spent a few days playing GHWT (Having been a RB owner for a while) can I just say: Holy crap is it good to be back. RB2 is light years ahead of GHWT. Ignoring all the instrument pros and cons, it just feels 'right'.

The flawless assimilation with my DLC really hammers home how expertly harmonix have nailed the sequal. The world tour mode has been refined but feels fairly similar to the one in RB1. However being able to play it solo is a massive improvement. The new animations are nice and I see what I think is a new one each song I play - My drummer character mouthing the do do dos while staring at the camera in hungry like the wolf were a particular highlight!

All in all an excellent follow up and a happy rocker here!

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa View Post

"Jesus Christ Pose" by Soundgarden
                              "Pretty Noose" by Soundgarden
                              Oh. My. God

Now all i want is some vintage Mother Love Bone and the set list will be truly complete

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice View Post
                                Having spent a few days playing GHWT (Having been a RB owner for a while) can I just say: Holy crap is it good to be back. RB2 is light years ahead of GHWT. Ignoring all the instrument pros and cons, it just feels 'right'.

The flawless assimilation with my DLC really hammers home how expertly harmonix have nailed the sequal. The world tour mode has been refined but feels fairly similar to the one in RB1. However being able to play it solo is a massive improvement. The new animations are nice and I see what I think is a new one each song I play - My drummer character mouthing the do do dos while staring at the camera in hungry like the wolf were a particular highlight!

All in all an excellent follow up and a happy rocker here!
                                Im with you FP and my GHWT is going back to HMV for a refund and ill keep the money towards the ion drum kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X