No announcement yet.

Rock band 2 xbox 360/ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loving it as expected, my only criticism is the difficulty ranking for a lot of the DLC songs is totally wrong, I had it pick Thrasher by Evil (easily the hardest song in RB1) alongside Evermore and that Joan Jett song during one of the random gigs. I might have to start deleting the brutally hard metal tracks off the HDD until I've got through the tour

Comment

As I'v never had a rock band game, I was wondering if some of you fine gents (and lassies if there are any out there!) could point me in the direction of some decent downloadable content.

I loves a bit of alternative and metal and have already got designs on the roadrunner pack (mainly for killswitch and devildriver), and quite liked the look of the nine inch nails packs.

The missus likes her cheesy stuff so she was looking towards duran duran, boston and the suchlike. Are these any cop?

Comment

Boston pack is amazing, by all accounts.

My personal favourite song is Bandages by Hot Hot Heat, it's lovely on drums.

Comment

Great stuff. I should add that it will mainly be drums and guitar that will be getting played, so your drumming suggestion is appreciated!

Comment

yeah, everyone should have the Boston pack. The two Lynard Skynard songs are awsome, as is the Rush album (that one in particular for both Guitar and Drums)

Comment

Yup boston pack is ace. The judas priest album is dead good as well, especially hellion/electric eye

Comment

More Than a Feeling by Boston was the first song I downloaded as a Rock Band virgin. It was always one of my favourites in the first (?) Guitar Hero so when I saw that that was there it was a no-brainer.

Bearing in mind that I'm playing this on my own with only a guitar because I already had a GH2 one for the 360 - I'm considering upgrading when the official RB2 ones come out over here - I played a few hours of Tour yesterday and have now switched to playing through the challenges, since I was reliably informed that those are the fastest way to unlock all the songs.

I've been playing on normal, which I'm finding challenging, if not particularly difficult - I usually score 97-99% - and it's got me considering making the jump to hard. I'm not entirely sure that I wouldn't find it too hard, but I've got to step up eventually

Comment

The logo creator doesn't seem to be quite as good as the decal creator in Forza, which is a shame. My logo is pretty rubbish right now, it needs a lot of work!

How do leaderboards work? I checked the leaderboard for "band by song" for Bandages, which I set a score on which should be enough to get me onto that board (there's under 8,000 on it as it is) but for some reason I'm unranked. Unless the delay in updating boards is even worse than it was for RB1...

Comment

Why is Beastie Boys 'so watcha want' in this? It's absolutely ridiculous given it's not a guitar song. They have added in some wierd bits to try and justify it, but it's utter rot.

Comment

I get the distinct impression that this is a lot harder than RB1.

Everlong in particular and e-Pro are rated as 2 stars for difficulty and are giving me more trouble than the 7-8 star songs from the first game (only played expert so can't comment on the other settings).

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                        Why is Beastie Boys 'so watcha want' in this? It's absolutely ridiculous given it's not a guitar song. They have added in some wierd bits to try and justify it, but it's utter rot.
                        But Rock Band isn't just a guitar game. Don't play it if you don't like it, it's easy enough to avoid songs in this that you don't like.

Personally I welcome tracks like this, the variety in this game is a great feature (but then I do have fairly eclectic tastes anyway).

Comment

As I'v never had a rock band game, I was wondering if some of you fine gents (and lassies if there are any out there!) could point me in the direction of some decent downloadable content.

I loves a bit of alternative and metal and have already got designs on the roadrunner pack (mainly for killswitch and devildriver), and quite liked the look of the nine inch nails packs.

The missus likes her cheesy stuff so she was looking towards duran duran, boston and the suchlike. Are these any cop?
                          If youre wanting Metal, the Metalica and All That Remains packs are worth downloading as all three songs in each pack are fun to play on both guitar and drums. Though they are pretty hard on the higher difficulties.

If youre looking for somthing thats a bit less challanging then the judas priest album is probabaly the most enjoyable of the albums released do far IMO.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 24-11-2008, 11:28.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob View Post
                            But Rock Band isn't just a guitar game. Don't play it if you don't like it, it's easy enough to avoid songs in this that you don't like.

Personally I welcome tracks like this, the variety in this game is a great feature (but then I do have fairly eclectic tastes anyway).
                            But given it has a guitar, microphone, drums and bass, it would be safe to asume that all the songs should have more than a token nod to those elements contained within it.

Don't get me wrong, I listen to and enjoy the beastie boys, but it makes no sense whatsoever to chose this track above other more suitable ones.

The way that they have 'added' some strange guitar noises just comes off as clumsy.

Comment

But given it has a guitar, microphone, drums and bass, it would be safe to asume that all the songs should have more than a token nod to those elements contained within it.

Don't get me wrong, I listen to and enjoy the beastie boys, but it makes no sense whatsoever to chose this track above other more suitable ones.

The way that they have 'added' some strange guitar noises just comes off as clumsy.
                              Playing a setlist of several of these types of songs with mates as a band makes a lot more sense than just isolating one; I believe Harmonix stated in the run-up to the first Rock Band that they took inspiration from those moments in songs where only one or two band mates would be playing - it helps to cement that full band experience.

Removing that entire experience for the benefit of people who only want to play a single instrement alone would be, frankly, mental.

In other news, VG+ are shipping the AC/DC track pack for those who are interested. I received mine yesterday.

The code on the manual allows you to download all of the songs as DLC - I presumed that it would simply export the songs for RB/RB2 integration but it just links you to 700MB of antipodean goodness. As such, I'll have bought a Rock Band disc that I'll have never put into my PS3.

Comment

For anyone thats interested you can now use the drum set from GHWT on the ps3 version of rockband 2, a patch came out last night which i downloaded and they work a treat.

Comment

Working...
                                X