Tatsunoko vs Capcom [JPN Wii]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tatsunoko vs Capcom [JPN Wii]

Got this delivered by fedex this morning, a day earlier than they said they would
    Haven't had much time to play it yet, and don't think i'll have much time later tonight to play it

From what little i have played so far it seems to be the standard fighting game sorta menu.

(Arcade/Versus/Survival/Time Attack/Option/Play Data/Shop/Gallery)

So far the shop menu only seems to show things like music and nothing particularly exciting, you seem to get points by playing arcade mode (and possibly versus) as is standard with these kinda things.

The intro movie for this game is pretty sweet, you're treated to a 1-2min anime intro of all the characters and given a brief glimpse of the final boss.

IMO the game is well presented and personally think it looks a whole lot better than sf4, have yet to try plugging it into my hdtv but the back of the manual mentions about setting the wii to 16:9 / prog scan so i'm not sure whether they mean the game is best in that mode or they are just making you aware of it.

Anyway down to how the game plays.

I think this game has changed a fair bit since the last vs game, you still have the standard dial a combo (light>medium hard) but as there are only three attack buttons and one assist/partner button it does feel a whole lot different.
    People who have played the recent Sengoku Basara X game may feel right at home with this.

Capcom have added a few new gameplay systems in this game, off the top of my head they are:

Baroque combo: (Activated by pressing an attack button and the partner button during an attack) This basically serves as 'an extention' of your combo at the cost of your red bar, i've yet to figure out how best to use this except adding on two or three more hits.
    (Think of it as BC cancel combos in KOF 2002)

Partner tag: (Activated by doing fireball motion+partner, i think you can only do this in the air, you maye also be able to activate this by pressing forward+partner) This is pretty much a safe way to tag out and extend your combo. The tag part of the combo (with ryu it's a fly kick) must hit the opponent in order for this to connect.

Mega Crush: (all four buttons, i think) This is kinda like burst in Guilty Gear, it basically causes your character to have a sphere around them breaking all attacks. (Forgot to check whether this costs super bar)

Have yet to try out the mini games but according to the manual there are 7 of them.

Not all characters are unlocked straight away, i actually can't rememeber all of the characters but the ones i noticed were missing are:

Viewtiful Joe, Saki, and that Genie tatsunoko character

Ah and PTX-40A (and i'd imagine gold lightan too) seems to be a pain in the ass to fight against -_-

Ermm...thats all i can think of to write about at the moment.

Cool. Is this compatible with the Classic controller?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
      Cool. Is this compatible with the Classic controller?
      Should be, forgot to test sorry

I forgot to mention about controllers, at the moment i'm using a cube joybox pro (this one: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...en-70-14p.html), which is the cheaper of the two pad convertors on playasia, and using my namco stick through that.
      Works perfectly just a bit of a pain figuring out which button is which during key config.

Comment

Originally posted by KusoGaki View Post
        a bit of a pain figuring out which button is which during key config.
        How Japanese text heavy is it?

Comment

I think it might be very heavy as the character names are even in japanese from what i've seen in the screenshots. I don't care though, its a fighting game.

Can't wait for this beauty to arrive!

Comment

Same here. Lucky for me, this is coming to me thanks to an NTSC-uk compo! Now, I just need to look into making my Wii able to play a JPN import...

Comment

Thankfully my Japanese is competant enough to get me through translating menus, character names etc... usually at least

My copy shipped today via UPS so should be here early next week with any luck, unless they decide to do a Saturday delivery. Bit hacked off I didn't think to get a PS2 --> GC adapter in with it though, I've got a Hori RAP 2 sat about I could've used when instead I'm going to be on a Classic Controller. Argh!

Cheers for the impressions though, keep 'em rollin' in

Comment

fuse, any chance of a little menu translationizatialings?

Comment

How Japanese text heavy is it?
                  It is fairly, but i wouldn't say it would be difficult to work out what's what.

The most confusing thing (if you don't know any chinese characters) might be key config which labels light/medium/hard in kanji.
                  The menu is in Japanese, but the options have some english.

---

Forgot to mention this game has level 3 supers.
                  Last edited by KusoGaki; 11-12-2008, 14:46.

Comment

How does the game work with 3 attack buttons given they still work to Light, Medium and Heavy?

Do they always do the same move?

This sounds a little weird to me...

Comment

fuse, any chance of a little menu translationizatialings?
                      Sure thing. If anyone else gets their copy before me and is struggling, feel free to post up some pictures and I'll have a crack.

Comment

Played a bit more last night, the endings for this game are pretty good. (Your ending depends on which character you beat the final boss with)
                        They are half still images/text (as is generally standard) and the other half is animated.

Ryu's ending has him beating up Akryids. xD

The chaining system is a bit weird.
                        You can do stuff like crouching light, standing medium, crouch medium, standing hard > launcher/sweep.

Don't think i have anything to do after work today so i'll try to get around to taking pics of the menu and attempting to translate.
                        Possibly basic combo vids too, if not today then during the weekend.

Comment

Courtesy of Cell247 on arcadeotaku.com

TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM
                          Menu Translation
                          アーケード =Arcade Mode
                          バーサス =Vs. Mode
                          サバイバル = Survival
                          タイムアタック = Time Attack
                          トレーニング =Training
                          プレイデータ =Play Data
                          オプション = Option
                          ショップ = Shop
                          ギャラリー =Gallery
                          オリジナルゲーム =Original (Mini) Games

This game has FOUR buttons, configured in this layout:

(A)(B)©
                          (T)

(A) = Weak Attack
                          (B) = Medium Attack
                          © = Heavy Attack
                          (T) = Tag [sometimes called (P) for Partner, but its the same button]

(T) = Assist
                          Back+(T) = Tag out
                          (Attack)+(T) = Baroque Activation (uses all of your red life)
                          QCF+(T) = Aircombo Tag (uses 1 level of meter)
                          (A)+(B)+© = Dash shortcut (hold Up+Forward and do this to Instant Air Dash)
                          (A)+(B)+© while guarding = Advance Guard (Push Block)
                          (A)+(B)+©+(T) = Mega Crush (A combo breaker, takes 2 levels of meter and some Yellow life)
                          QCD+(T) while guarding = Variable Counter (an alpha counter tag, takes one meter)

Comment

curse you world economy!!!

as tempting as it is, I'm really going to have to wait till the exchange rate is a lot better before i get around to importing this and the stick

Comment

So multiplayer, is it online at all or just your regular 2 player in the same room affair?

Comment

Working...
                              X