No announcement yet.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom [JPN Wii]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a look around my local game shops today and didn't see this anywhere.

Comment

Maybe this has already been mentioned so sorry if it has...

How many buttons does this use? is it 4 or 6? I was gonna get it today but would rather repeatedly bang my head against a brick wall than play a fighting game with shoulder buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
        I had a look around my local game shops today and didn't see this anywhere.
        I'm about to head over to Fforestfach Tesco and Currys, I'll let you know if they have any.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
          Maybe this has already been mentioned so sorry if it has...

How many buttons does this use? is it 4 or 6? I was gonna get it today but would rather repeatedly bang my head against a brick wall than play a fighting game with shoulder buttons.
          Four buttons (five if u include taunt).
          Weak, medium, Hard, Partner.

Comment

My copy of Ultimate All-Stars arrived today.

Good news for all the Wii homebrew-heads (if you didn't already know), Ultimate All-Stars is Homebrew Channel-friendly. Loaded it up in on my PAL Wii's 3.4E System Menu and it didn't ask for an update.

Still doesn't change the awful "new" intro sequence and dreadful remix/translation/cover of the JPN original's theme music (Abe Asami's "Across The Border"), but I guess those are minor quibbles considering Capcom's efforts to bring TvC to Western audiences.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 30-01-2010, 11:10.

Comment

Well, having just seen the Japanese intro to compare and contrast I have to say that the Western 'remix' is like the original version but lite flavoured. Just shows again that the Japanese know what they're doing when it comes to asthetic awareness.

The original intro gave me vibes of Last Bronx here and there.

Comment

in fights how do you swap fighters? all i can do is the assist attack

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                  in fights how do you swap fighters? all i can do is the assist attack
                  Hold back on the d-pad and press the partner button.

Comment

thanks my fc is 3395-5019-9874

Comment

The artwork for this game is utterly amazing, and the gameplay has a real arcade feel. Only played it briefly last night but utterly fell for it.

I want that as a poster at work!

Comment

My gal got this t'other day. It's all kinds of great. Trumps SF4 in terms of pure joy factor.

I always felt that Madworld tried too hard to fill the nerd void on Wii, without being that fun or challenging. This is superbly nerdy without even trying, stupidly fast, rammed with great details and full of good old-timey bright colours.

Love that last boss, too. Fantabulous game.

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
                          The artwork for this game is utterly amazing, and the gameplay has a real arcade feel. Only played it briefly last night but utterly fell for it.

I want that as a poster at work!
                          Couldn't agree more. I love that picture too - it is now my iPhone screensaver!

Originally posted by crocky-chocky View Post
                          It's all kinds of great. Trumps SF4 in terms of pure joy factor.
                          Hmmm...not sure about that, but it is definitely easier to pick up and play, with a less intimidating learning curve than SFIV and (arguably) the other vs. Capcom games, imo. Pulling off basic-but-satisfying Chain Combos, 2-in-1s and Aerial Raves/Air Combos from the start are a doddle (this is coming from a guy who currently plays TvC with a Classic Controller, btw!), with the feeling that progression into performing more complex and advanced moves (like Baroque Combos) aren't far away, which isn't always the case with SFIV.

I'm now pretty tempted to spend money on purchasing a stick for this. The MadCatz TvC SE FightStick looks pretty cool but I'm loathe to spend £70 on a stick for a console that only has one top-notch fighter. I'm not convinced by the Hori Wii Fighting Stick - easier on my wallet it may be, but it's ugly. I was tempted by the Exar TvC Stick that originally came out in Japan for Cross Generation of Heroes and I've heard that it's quite responsive but not the sturdiest Stick ever built. Also, it's not the easiest to get a hold of these days, with YesAsia selling for silly money, Play-Asia & NCSX no longer stocking it and Flea-Bay stockists as dodgy as ever...
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 02-02-2010, 17:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            Couldn't agree more. I love that picture too - it is now my iPhone screensaver!
                            Ditto, some fantastic artwork in this game.

I still play it regularly. I suck at it but it is immense fun to unleash the super combos and watch your opponent's health get decimated!!

Comment

Basics tutorial video by Keits:
                              Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I picked it last night night only played about half hour of it and so far i like what i see

Comment

Working...
                                X