No announcement yet.

Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the game came out, everyone in this thread has spoke about how cheap Seth is under AI control. In true retro boss fashion, he is cheap.

Single player is pants. Playing against AI is pants. One gets the most fun out of SF playing it against humans. I'm betting that most people on here who got it, did single player to unlock characters and that's it.

Too bad you're binning it I say!

Comment

My problem with Seth isn't that he's cheap as such, it's just that he's cheap while also being so damn forgettable that I just don't care for him at all. At least Bison was an interesting guy, it wouldn't be an SF(2-style, not counting SF3) game without him. I wish they'd done away with the Alpha-style match-ups and just had Bison as the last boss just for nostalgia's sake!

Easiest way for me is to play the game in regular 3-round mode and when I get to Seth I just spend the entire first round slapping him with soft punch and soft kick (no specials at all). This fills my super meter ready for the second round. Bear in mind if you play it in single-round mode Seth starts off super-strong whereas in 3-round mode he starts off normally then gets super-powered in the second round, but by then you've got some super meter to pull off EX moves.

My problem is that Capcom forces you to play through the crap single-player in order to unlock characters. I hardly ever use any of the unlocked characters anyway, but people will want them and then have to go through all that hassle just to get them.

Shame you feel that way Uli but I've thought the same about so many other games that I'm not going to try and convince you as you feel so strongly about it. But have you been playing it multiplayer (specifically with friends, not online)? I find if there's a game I'm not liking, I'll usually start to like it after playing it with my friends (e.g. Tekken, Call of Duty).

Comment

I wouldn't have thought it humanly possible to play for 2 hours, 1 round and easiest difficulty and not beat Seth. Plus you say your friend was a SF2 veteren.

A mean I don't remember much about it like, but I can't remember anything that evil about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormtec View Post
          Well, I guess 3D fighters move lists aren't set out in quite the same categories as 2D ones, thinking about it. In 3D fighters it's more about strings of kicks and punches as opposed to a single special move like a dragon punch or something.

By equivalent, I guess I mean a command move of a given character e.g. DF, DF punch for Lei Fei in VF5, or F, F, punch will both cause a move unique to Lei Fei. Other characters may have the same inputs, and the properties of the move might be similar (like how in 2D fighters you have Shoryuken and Tiger Uppercut, which are very similar moves). Dunno if I'm making myself clear here, but what I'm trying to say, I guess, is that for the uninitiated it's easier to get F, F+punch right consistently than it is to get the dragon punch movement right consistently.
          The move lists in 3D fighters are much bigger so you'll have a lot of easy moves mixed in with the hard ones also there isn't the same distinction between specials and normals but there are dragon punch motions, 270's and much harder stuff too. Some of the moves are also like Gen's multi hit dragon kick only requiring more precision.

About SF4's single player modes, I agree it is really lacking in that area but there have been fighters that have had great single player support. Soul Blade and Soul Calibur were probably 2 of the best with their quest mode, story mode and wealth of unlockables. Looking forward Blazblue and Tekken 6 seem to be adding in a lot of good extras for the single player modes.

Comment

i thought seth was dead easy playing on easiest/1 round.
            all you need to do is a few jump ins and sweeps, make sure your more cautious and ready to block when he gets enough ultra bar.

but after doing it with every character i havent bothered to go back to single player. i'm not sure why anybody would want to.

Comment

I like playing the single player to try and beat the scores on Xbox live. Seth is frustrating, but he is far easier than Gill, or the bint in Dead or Alive 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotwings View Post
                I wouldn't have thought it humanly possible to play for 2 hours, 1 round and easiest difficulty and not beat Seth. Plus you say your friend was a SF2 veteren.

A mean I don't remember much about it like, but I can't remember anything that evil about it.
                well, i've read in forums about people who have spent much more time in order to beat Seth... and failed miserably. and the fact that even a SF2 veteran wasn't able to do it shows me that it's clearly not me who's just to stupid to beat an end boss

Originally posted by Fuddle View Post
                i thought seth was dead easy playing on easiest/1 round.
                all you need to do is a few jump ins and sweeps, make sure your more cautious and ready to block when he gets enough ultra bar.

but after doing it with every character i havent bothered to go back to single player. i'm not sure why anybody would want to.
                believe me that i've studied lots of how to beat Seth videos meanwhile and that i manage to deal a good deal of damage to him. but as soon as his health bar goes beyond 25% he uses his Ultra move that i always fail to block for no apparent reason (maybe it's even unblockabkle?).

you ask why i go through all this hassle? because i'd like to unlock Cammy and Fei-Long and also a few other characters and get a sense of accomplishment as a single player gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                  well, i've read in forums about people who have spent much more time in order to beat Seth... and failed miserably. and the fact that even a SF2 veteran wasn't able to do it shows me that it's clearly not me who's just to stupid to beat an end boss

I'm sure if you had of used ryu the whole time you have done it! It was probably using the new characters that cost you, not think so?

I could imagine having trouble myself using characters like able and c viper, who I don't much about. Your friend would know more about characters like ryu from SF2.

Comment

believe me that i've studied lots of how to beat Seth videos meanwhile and that i manage to deal a good deal of damage to him. but as soon as his health bar goes beyond 25% he uses his Ultra move that i always fail to block for no apparent reason (maybe it's even unblockabkle?).

you ask why i go through all this hassle? because i'd like to unlock Cammy and Fei-Long and also a few other characters and get a sense of accomplishment as a single player gamer.
                    It is really easy to beat him mate follow this video

MyCheats Senior Editor Mike Nelson shows how to unlock Street Fighter 4 characters in an incredibly easy tip that works on every character. The tip requires ...

It doesnt get any easier

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15 View Post

MyCheats Senior Editor Mike Nelson shows how to unlock Street Fighter 4 characters in an incredibly easy tip that works on every character. The tip requires ...

It doesnt get any easier
                      thanks mate, came across this so called "trick" myself and found this video is a bad joke. did it work for you?

Comment

It's not unblockable. Standing or crouching block will stop it. If you're failing to block it, then he must be doing it when you're in the middle of a move or in the air. He'll generally use it when getting up off the ground if he has it, so if you knock him down and his revenge bar goes high enough, just crouch block next to him to stop it. Other than that, he almost never blocks on easiest, so just jump in kick and sweep. You can pretty much just do that for the whole match except when he has his ultra available.

Comment

thanks mate, came across this so called "trick" myself and found this video is a bad joke. did it work for you?
                          Yeah I got almost all the extra characters doing that I even put the stick down You might occasionally have to help it out a bit but that worked 9 times out of 10 for me. I also read if you put the timer down to 30 secs it doesn't give seth time to come back since he is easy up until he has a quarter bar of energy.

Comment

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

Tourny sticks for ?100 in the play sale. Good deal for those that are still after one and they seem to be in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15 View Post

It doesnt get any easier

got this to work - i just missed to push forward the first time around. but if i do it works amazingly perfect - even with Seth.

in the end, though, this is just another example of the cheapness and unbalance of the Arcade Mode...

Comment

I got to G1 the other day and its kind of killed the game for me at the moment. There's still not enough players in there so its a 10 minute wait or play the same guy again and again... and the ones that are there are either insanely good or incredibly scrubby (but still beatable)
                                I fought a Ken that just jump back kicked in the corner! He was on 14300GP so I guess that tactic isn't doing too well for him.
                                Apart from that 75% of the people so far have been Gief and as I main Abel they win that matchup for free.
                                I've gone back to Ranked battle but that appears to be where the people who are struggling in G3 have ended up
                                If anyone wants some player matches add me. I can only play as one character but want to learn others now.

Comment

Working...
                                X