Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psyduck View Post
    When I play dhalsim I'll do yoga flame, standing/crouch + HP over and over again, unless they actually force me to do otherwise...it's up to you to make your opponent do something different, especially in a ranked game, otherwise they're just being sensible.
    ... or boring.

It might be an easy win to spam one thing, but it's no fun.

Comment

Exactly! Thank god someone else is on the same wave length. It's **** like that that is ruining the game online for me, it's not ****ing clever or skillful. People put too much emphasis on gaining BPs and they'll try and do it the easy way, which isn't in the spirit of the game. Although saying that I've also had player matches where people just pick Akuma and do nothing but fireball moves...just what is the ****ing point? I just don't get it.

Comment

You could always try going a bit out of your way to search for skilled oppoents. I've found as a Gief player that the average Akuma player will run away. Jumping backwards with fireballs and once he's ran out of screen, teleporting to the other side. It does make for one boring and tedious fight. I have to lariat/parry fireballs for 90% of the match.

However, mostly in Champ Mode, I've come across many highly skilled players who get stuck in. Crossing up and combo-ing my arse into frustration lol.

It's not easy searching for such players, but Champ Mode is a good place to start and sometimes the icons can help.

This is just the way it is. Them running away Akumas, more often than not, get hugged the f**ked out

Comment

Surely the competitive nature of Championship/Ranked matches means that you should be playing to win?

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk Davidson View Post
            Surely the competitive nature of Championship/Ranked matches means that you should be playing to win?
            It's true. I mostly play Player Matches. Get in a nice session, trying different characters, sometimes agreeing to choose randoms.

Then later I do some Champ Mode.

Comment

hoolak, we should have some more gief/gief matches, I've been practising since our last meeting!

Comment

I'll be back on my 360 hopefully soon. I've lent it to a friend. Also waiting on my 360 FightPad. I've gotten so used to using one.

Been mostly playing PS3 version in the meantime. I look forward to some friendlies on Live.

Comment

Dhalsim and Akuma are pretty good at turtling. Especially in Dhalsim's case, he is pretty much geared towards zoning your opponent. You can't really fault a Dhalsim player for spamming bendy limbs, teleporting away and generally keeping at least half a screen away from you. That's how he's meant to be played.

Comment

Yeah, and I've faced no other tactics when I've played against him. Which makes the win a very big grind indeed...

As for Zangief vs Zangief, I was laughing quite a bit at this video, so enjoy

(it's pretty much comedy gold for the input viewer)
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Lol

WIGGLE STICK AND MASH ALL KICKS/PUNCHES

Comment

Bloody hell The Benny Hill music fits perfectly.

Comment

Hahaha! I'm going to have the Benny Hill music in my head everytime I see Zangief now.

Comment

Hey! Not all Gief players do the Benny Hill waltz, y'know?

Comment

True... he can also do this...!
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Psyduck
                                When I play dhalsim I'll do yoga flame, standing/crouch + HP over and over again, unless they actually force me to do otherwise...it's up to you to make your opponent do something different, especially in a ranked game, otherwise they're just being sensible.

... or boring.

It might be an easy win to spam one thing, but it's no fun.
                                No, it's only an easy win against rubbish opponents. It's also a quick win, and since they're so pathetic it's no fun to play against them anyway. If I want something to just stand there and let me hit it, I'll play practice mode, thanks. The key in my quote was "unless they force me to do anything else". Most people do, in which case I've plenty more I will do.

Exactly! Thank god someone else is on the same wave length. It's **** like that that is ruining the game online for me, it's not ****ing clever or skillful. People put too much emphasis on gaining BPs and they'll try and do it the easy way, which isn't in the spirit of the game. Although saying that I've also had player matches where people just pick Akuma and do nothing but fireball moves...just what is the ****ing point? I just don't get it.
                                The emphasis of Ranked mode IS to gain BPs. The emphasis on championship mode IS to gain CPs/GPs. The emphasis on player match is to play for fun. Take your pick, but don't moan if you go for the wrong one. It's up to you to stop your opponent getting simple wins though, and as already said - there's always a way around it if you take the time to look for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X