No announcement yet.

Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't play fighting games alot... not for years infact.

But this game is the ****ing tits.

Comment

DLC costumes are region locked btw, found out hard way

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
        If you've got a code going spare. I'll happily take it off your hands

Gutter tho. What's your setup?

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
          I just feel that after all the hype and people saying it's the best thing since ever that it's a bit, no a LOT of a let down.
          Its Street Fighter Fami..what did you expect

The format hasn't changed in about 15 years. My mate had it on earlier and i was bored rigid after about 3 goes (he's also thinking of trading it in already). Tbh, I have been sick of the SF series and fighters in general for years now. SF for me is a relic that while great in its day, should have been left in the past or changed radically.

Imo, this is very much a SF fanboy game although I can see some gamers genuinely loving it if they have never played a fighter or a SF game before.

The last version of SF i bought was on the SNES, and this version isnt going to make me change my mind about the series.
          Last edited by NemesiS; 20-02-2009, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
            If you've got a code going spare. I'll happily take it off your hands

Gutter tho. What's your setup?
            Hard way was that i bought the code, used it , downloaded then it didnt work hehe

Comment

I think Fami is a SF fan though, right Fami?

I'm a big fan of the game, but I did feel like we needed a new refreshed version where everyone can start on a level playing field learning the new timings, mechanics and whatnot. The graphics a sublime and highly needed in my opinion. It feels like a classic SSFIIX, but with several new layers of depth. Capcom have exceeded my expectations. I didn't think they could ressurect the classic and give it a great big new willy to wave about proud, but they did and it's got rotating warts and love beeds dangling off it too.
              Last edited by hudson; 20-02-2009, 14:54.

Comment

loved this far far more in depth then i ever imagined

The challenge mode though i am puzzled some of the combos like light attack into strong attack i can never Seem to chain ....and i couldnt possibly press the buttons any faster

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                  An hour.

It just doesn't feel right.

I thought i was the only one, had since tuesday, i cant get used to it, back to ssf2hd and VF5 for me

Comment

Originally posted by Dezm0nd View Post
                    I don't play fighting games alot... not for years infact.

But this game is the ****ing tits.
                    I like hearing comments like this, as i'm in the same boat. I haven't played a fighting game for ages, but I'm hoping i'll get into this one.

Comment

have to say i am a combo whore Lol love doing them and practicing them

however in this game unlike most fighting games they take real effort to do them

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        have to say i am a combo whore Lol love doing them and practicing them

however in this game unlike most fighting games they take real effort to do them
                        Try Ryu's standing fierce into shoryuken into focus attack dash cancel into his ultra super fireball.
                        Last edited by Kongster; 20-02-2009, 15:09.

Comment

the lobby system is utter ****e, and even when you select a game you generally get "unable to play, search again?"

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            loved this far far more in depth then i ever imagined

The challenge mode though i am puzzled some of the combos like light attack into strong attack i can never Seem to chain ....and i couldnt possibly press the buttons any faster
                            They sound like links and not chains ala target combos. Links require strict timing as the 2nd button needs to be pressed just as the animation for the first attack has finished. Takes some practice, but they're doable.

Comment

Dlc

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                              Are they locked to the region of the game or of the console?

Comment

Er no idea, i have uk console uk game and i tried jpn dlc if that helps

Comment

Working...
                                X