Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo-V6 View Post
    I was really struggling online with the pad and not winning at all but last night I racked up 15 wins in a row with the stick goodness1.

Im well chufffed .
    Honestly, the pads look alright and that... but anyone trying challenge mode and the majority of EX Focus cancels with them are going to be both wasting their time and money.

That is of course if they don't take the easy route and remap the shoulder buttons to Focus + 3x P/K respective of the character, even I've been doing that with my Hori stick ffs, and still getting nowhere.
    Last edited by dataDave; 20-02-2009, 12:31.

Comment

I'm also glad I don't owe my mate £150 for a TE stick knowing that I'm a useless tart at the game.

If I can complete all the challanges and 1,000pt the game (would be my first) I might reward myself with one down the line.

I'm probably gonna give this a rest today, my left hand is still aching after sleep.

Comment

What a load of ****.

Where gives the best trade in on this?

Comment

That's the spirit, FammYdodd, give the game half an hour then jack it in.

Comment

Horses for courses I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              That's the spirit, FammYdodd, give the game half an hour then jack it in.
              He might not be totally insane, saving himself from the painful exercise of trying to be Japanese Daigo Bruce Muhammed I'm Hard Lee Norris.

I could join him at this rate.

Comment

Thing is, he's literally given in half an hour.

Comment

An hour.

It just doesn't feel right.

Comment

Bollocks you were saying 'it's ****' as soon as you came on, about 5 minutes in...

Comment

I have just completed all of Zangief's Hard trials. I can rest my effin wrist. I doubt I will ever use much of what I've learnt.

It unlocked some nice Zangief based Icons. One of them is a box origami Gief head!
                      Last edited by hudson; 20-02-2009, 12:56.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                        It unlocked some nice Zangief based Icons. One of them is a box origami Gief head!
                        Where are those used, in game or somewhere else? I'm hoping in vain for some new PSN avatars.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                          Where are those used, in game or somewhere else? I'm hoping in vain for some new PSN avatars.
                          Online within SFIV. You can see it on the main menu once you've set them.
                          You unlock Titles and Icons. The icon is like you avatar and the title sits to the right of it. My current title is a golden banner saying Red Cyclone with a little Gief face on the side. Your PSN/Live name sits below this.

Comment

I'm really enjoying this I have to say. Its visually stunning, and playing it with my fightstick SE is making it feel like a complete package.

Like everyone else I find the Anime cut scenes are a wee bit dump, but I certainly wont complain.

What difficulty level are people playing it on when they are getting stuck on Seth? I have beat him twice now on Normal without using a continue. Yeah he is cheap, but no more than any other SF boss IMO.

Its pretty cool when you think a £130 console can fully replicate the arcade in all its glory. Even factoring in a stick makes in not much more than buying an import copy of the snes version back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                              What a load of ****.

Where gives the best trade in on this?
                              Are you a fighting game fan? If so I find it hard to believe you would give up on it after an hour's play. It's fair enough if it's just another new release

You have to remember, this is SFIV, it's not going to play like other versions. It's not that it doesn't feel right - its that it doesn't feel like you're used to.

I'm not saying that Capcom have gotten it exactly right but give them some credit for putting something together it isn't "a load of ****"

It's totally up to you but if you're a fan I think you should put some time in. Get yourself online with people from the forum and play around a bit...

Comment

Out of all the previous SF games, this one feels closest to Super Turbo which isn't a bad thing by any means. Factor in the focus attack system and the rest etc, and you've got a stunning game in my opinion. SF EX it most definitely isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X