No announcement yet.

Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going through Normal Time Attack and certain levels seem to contain subtle easter eggs. On the level selection screen level 2's description say 'Hey! Who's that in the crowd?' - I didn't notice anyone I knew (was expecting to see a SF character). Level 7's says 'A new shop has opened in the stage!?' - I think the main shop with table n chairs outside just has a different name and sign. Level 9 features 'mysterious graffiti!' - this is a cute bunny thing eating a carrot. Erm, marvelous

Anyone know who is in the crowd then?

Comment

Just finished watching the film that comes with it. Its a proper HD film, comes with 5.1 HD DTS Audio. I watched it on the 360 btw.

Alot better than i was expecting even though there wasn't alot of fighting (i'm sure C.Viper punches cammy in the *wee woo*), a huge improvement over the appauling Street Fighter Alpha. Word of warning, the english dub is horrendous it even has really bad lip sync. Also you have to put up with dubtitles too.
      Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 18-02-2009, 22:00.

Comment

i was playing the game on easy (im **** btw, never really played beat'em ups) and omg i find seth bloody cheap. especially the grabbing >_<

Comment

It's true boss style I'd say. He's like that on Easiest too. I went through unlocking all characters on both PS3 and 360.

I faced the fecker in Normal Time Attack 12 or something, he was the 15th oppoent and I won it by a pixel. Thank goodness!

Comment

I was playing the PS3 version in the shop today when the delivery arrived, is it just me or does the 360 version dump all over it?

Nice AA and 1/2 the loading time.

Comment

I've always been really bad at Street Fighter games and I don't seem to be improving with this one lol. I'm going to have to spend a lot of time in the training I think!

I'm loving my new pad though, really good quality and I recommend it to anybody who's into fighters.

Comment

Where can i get one of said pads/sticks? Play all sold out it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                  I was playing the PS3 version in the shop today when the delivery arrived, is it just me or does the 360 version dump all over it?

Nice AA and 1/2 the loading time.
                  Load times are the same only after installing the PS3 version.

I was comparing them both today, switching between PS3 and 360 on me telly and there really isn't a lot in it graphically. The edges are a little less jaggy on the 360, but that too isn't without its jaggies in certain places, such as the backdrops. Shadows on 360 have better... how you say, filtering? If anything, I personally think it looks a little sharper on PS3, which is how I like it (that's due to not having much/any AA, of course. Not too fluffy around the edges
                  Last edited by hudson; 18-02-2009, 22:42.

Comment

Spent about 3 solid hours on this today and I love it.

Played a lot of online matches with a friend and they were smooth as can be. The game feels more balanced than some of the older versions thanks to the revenge attacks. Closer matches in this game compared to third strike.

Also had a crack at arcade mode on medium. Finished it with Blanka and Zangief. I don't think Seth is all that bad. I'v seen worse (Gill, and the dead or alive 4 boss to name a couple).

Anyway I'm very impressed so far

Comment

My indepth first play impressions:

I thought it was **** for the first 10mins.
                      I don't like it how each person doesn't have their own background/theme.

Then I sussed out how focus attacks work.

Then everything was alright.

Sagat/Abel are BASTARDS on this!

Online would be good if everyone didn't pick a really **** Ken because they are too **** to play with anyone else. I actually message the people that don't pick shotos and thank them for the fight, win or lose.

Comment

Also, my favourite hate msg so far has to be

"GET OUT OF MY LIFE"

from some Ken player who Sagat wiped the floor with.

Comment

I've played about 12 ranked matches today all except one fight were against Kens. The other was Ryu. Ken's a nob. I told him that as I Final Atomic Buster'd his head into the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                            Also, my favourite hate msg so far has to be

"GET OUT OF MY LIFE"
                            lol. Class.

Comment

Anyone know somewhere good to suggest things to be added to the CE?

Something official? I'd like to get this game as perfect as possible and I really want to voice my need for each character to have their own level/theme - it feels like a Vs. (SNK or Marvel) game without trademark themes >< I know some of you know where I'm coming from.

Not that that takes anything away from the game of course, it's solid. I'm just a tart.

Comment

I'd like to see some SF3 cast also - Abel needs to grapple with Alex badly.

FFS Alex would fit into this game superbly, so would Ibuki and Makoto.

This also feels very much like SF 2.5, not SF4 as labelled.

This is one game I'd actually love to pay obsurd prices for DLC. I bet we all would.

Comment

Working...
                                X