Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
    I've had difficulty getting into ranked matches, I keep getting kicked from the lobby or unable to join messages. The only way I could get ranked matches consistently was by allowing challenges in arcade mode.
    I had a bit of a problem with that when using quick matches, but if I used custom search instead I had no problems. Same with creating games too, but obviously you run the risk of sitting around on your tod that way.

Comment

No PS3 version for me today (which will be my main), but 360 version arrived. Its bloody brilliant. Looks incredible no screens or vids online do it any justice.

Slick and and accessible. Its noticable they've made commands easier, although a shinkuu hadoken on a 360 pad is still very very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuber001 View Post
        Oh man, i am still unsure on this game especially since i dont really like beat em ups, but i got a voucher today from GAME worth $40, so thats like half the game almost. Oh man, what to do. People with the game, do you reccomend it to someone who isn't really into fighters, and will not be purchasing an arcade stick? I would just use the dual shock.
        Well I am in the same boat as you Cuber and played it for about an hour or so today, and would say you really do need to try before you buy if you can.

My impressions are it is no doubt a beautiful game and a brilliant beat em up, but online it is already full of beat em up geek experts! I have been beaten 6 games in a row with every person pulling off all the expert moves one after the other, so pretty pointless going online at the minute!

Hand really hurting using PS3 pad after only an hour, so unless you are prepared to invest a lot of time and get a decent joystick then maybe not worth it.

Will probably sell my copy on in a few days, and then return back to my curent diet of COD4, Fear 2 and chillout with Flower!

Comment

Hardly surprising that the early competition is the hardcore - you'll likely see the playing field even out (Slightly) over the next week or so. Ultimately though you're going to need to improve if you want to compete - same with any online game I would think?

Comment

SFIV Get!, ill know ill make it thro somehowwwwww indestructibleeeeee *arcade stick on lap*

*installing..*

Comment

Cheapest place to get the guide book thats instock?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                Cheapest place to get the guide book thats instock?
                So far its Amazon for £9.09 i'm not sure about other gaming sites doing for lower than that the moment.

Comment

Takes 1 to 3 weeks for delivery... :/
                  I might buy it off the marketplace, dunno yet.

I'm playing the Challenge mode now, geez. I'm playing it on normal and i'm already having problems. LoL.

Trying to do a Heavy Kick in the air, to a standing heavy kick to a medium Shoryuken to an Ex Focus Attack. I keep missing the shoryuken, hes always too far away.

Any tips?

Comment

I'm currently stuck on Zangief first trial on Hard mode.

I got to do something like Focus Attack, Quick Double Lariat, EX Focus to EX Banishing Flat. I can nearly do it sometimes.. with a bit of luck.

Seth Killian (Street Fighting dude from Capcom US) did say that if you can happily pull all the things off in Hard mode then you're world class tournament material

Someone has uploaded a vid of the who Zangief trial run. The bit I'm stuck at starts at 4 mins in. I think I'll just have a bash at it every now and again, so I don't turn Hulk. Haven't looked further past the move in the vid for fear of seeing more evil challenges

The video doesn't help much, mind
                    Last edited by hudson; 18-02-2009, 16:37.

Comment

If I can pull off the odd dragon punch here and there that'll do me.

*awaits challengers looking for an easy win streak*

Comment

yeah im stuck in challenge mode too the early cancels they ask you todo, they dont fking cancel i swear, i suck so much at these damn games

oh i just did it
                        Last edited by Largo; 18-02-2009, 16:37.

Comment

Just waiting for it to install at the minute which is bad enough but f*cking hell the music thats playing is terrible, I think I'd sooner be listening to that ****e 3rd Strike rap than this.

Comment

Is their a descent guide anywhere of who you have to use for each char unlock?

Comment

I acually prefer it to the C*RAP from SFIII. Its annoyingly catchy, it took me awhile to warm to it.

The audio in the game which i really didn't expect because its a fighter is sublime. It sounds amazing on my 5.1 headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                                Is their a descent guide anywhere of who you have to use for each char unlock?
                                http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...de/943712.html

Comment

Working...
                                X