Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
    If you're using the 360 pad then it really isn't your fault that you can't do a heavy kick into a fireball. The 360 is useless for fighting games.

You need to pull off the fireball while the cpu is still recovering from the hard kick.
    Cool, im blaming the pad then!

Comment

Get a stick, mate.

Comment

Cheers m8.

Anyone know if the character cards where for the SE sticks only?

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite View Post
          Cool, im blaming the pad then!
          The official FightPads are pretty effing spiffing. I've been using it all day. I plan on using it late at night when a stick can be too noisey, plus I can take that to work for matches

The dpad is mint on it.

Comment

So far this game isn't doing it for me, I'm longing to just to back to HD Remix.

Must be how **** Vega is in it (or seems anyway) - ex and ultras are a big part of this game and uh... his ex has been **** in every game ever, and his maximum spider jank also sucks.

But I'll give it more time.

Comment

Ippikami - I am surpried! I just did a playthrough with Vega and I actually liked his changes! I always thought his super in SSF2T was too chancey to hit whereas this one feels much nicer. Plus, I am really digging the EX Claw move thing (charge down, up + punch).

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                Cheers m8.

Anyone know if the character cards where for the SE sticks only?
                Yes, they are unfortunately.

Originally posted by Ippikami View Post
                So far this game isn't doing it for me, I'm longing to just to back to HD Remix.
                I like the game a lot but I feel like going back to HD Remix too. SFIV lacks the speed and ferocity of HDR. That said I'll resist the urge to play HDR and continue playing this game, I'm sure it'll grow into something I love.

Comment

Once you adapt to the pace of the game and explore the new gameplay features, it can be great fun.

Give Zangief a go - his ultra is spectacular!

Comment

Yeah, it take a bit of time to adjust, but once you start having some intense scraps with friends you start getting into it. Timings are different. Such as I was a bit surprised how long my opponents would take to get up from a knockdown, then I realised you can press down as you go down for a quick wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Mo View Post
                      Just dropping in to ask those with the CE a quick question;

Is the CE worth the extra ?20-?25 in your opinion?
                      I would say no, the figures suck, you get no choice with the dlc costume pack (it's the brawler one), and the mini strategy guide is exactly that, mini! Haven't watched the movie but if it's like the animation in the character intros (when you start a game) it's pretty average.

Comment

Forgot to say - got my TE stick today and it is the tits.

I have huge paws and even I am finding this hugely comfy. Not quite as weighty as I was expecting if I'm honest, but loving the response from it. Also, the smudgyness of the finish as previously mentioned isn't as noticable as I was worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                          The official FightPads are pretty effing spiffing. I've been using it all day. I plan on using it late at night when a stick can be too noisey, plus I can take that to work for matches

The dpad is mint on it.
                          Tempting. This game is quite far removed from SF2 for me so far though, o im not sure i can justify more money on it yet. These ultra and ex-combo things are a bit odd. And my old tricks arent working!!!! Like jumping over them after a hit and doing a hard kick in the air, which actually gets them on the head with your arse!

Comment

I'm sure you can do cross-ups still in this, I've been doing it with Zangief's body splash. Going in meaty and hitting them as going behind.

Comment

Originally posted by skyhigh View Post
                              I would say no, the figures suck, you get no choice with the dlc costume pack (it's the brawler one), and the mini strategy guide is exactly that, mini! Haven't watched the movie but if it's like the animation in the character intros (when you start a game) it's pretty average.
                              Appreciate the honesty man.

Is the Brawler Pack going to be available on the PS Store anyway? That's all I was really worried about.

Comment

Forget what I said earlier about Seth being too hard, been using Ken as I always do but decided to switch to Sagat and smoked everybody on medium without dropping a round. "Save Your Quarters" trophy GET!! Think i'm going to stick with him as my first choice from now on.

Originally posted by P-Mo View Post
                                Is the Brawler Pack going to be available on the PS Store anyway? That's all I was really worried about.
                                I've seen it mentioned as being available on launch day, seemed to suggest that you could buy it and it wasn't just for people with the Special Edition. I suppose people who got that version will get it "Free"
                                Last edited by Phar; 18-02-2009, 20:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X