No announcement yet.

Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't really had a chance to play the game much because I have been waiting for my FightStick which showed up this morning!

So far I have to say i'm very pleased with it, which helps because I would have liked TE stick. 1st up the art on the front is excellent, and from looking at my stick is well applied and doesn't look like it would come off easily.

Its a very sturdy stick, much heavier than a DC arcade stick or Hor EX2. The stick itself has a satisfying, but not too loud click, and teh buttons seem on par with the DC and Hori stick.

There are couple of rough edges to the plastics which show its a cheaper option, but I don't regret buying it. Maybe not mega convinced its worth 70 quid, me 55-60.

Love the move cards that come with it. They are the same ones that come with the viewlix cabinet

opefully I wont have the problems others have had with this stick, but even if I do I will just order a Sawana replacement. Loving the fact there is no soldering involved with modding it.

Will post back with more impressions

Comment

Seems pretty decent so far. Not that I could pull off any of the moves with Ryu or Ken with the crappy 360 controller's d-pad!

Thankfully Amazon have delivered today:

W00t!

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
        Seems pretty decent so far. Not that I could pull off any of the moves with Ryu or Ken with the crappy 360 controller's d-pad!

W00t!
        AHHHHHHHH where is the postman!!!!

Comment

Ken is no longer welcome in here!

The fightpads are ace, mate.

Comment

All your people that have issues with Ken just need to learn how to block better, that's all

Oh and where is my Ken pad from Amazon?!?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
              I just had a go on the Ryu trials, I just finished the normal set and am on hard level 2. The problem I'm having is some things aren't explained. It would've been great if you could watch the combos being performed like in other games (VF, Tekken, etc). I'm on one now where you do focus attack->forward+HP->standing HP->dragon->super fireball.

It doesn't say you dash out of the focus attack last-minute to connect the forward+HP move, I had to figure that out myself.
              Yeah I get the impression the idea is to have you figure out what you need to do in those circumstances. Makes sense I guess, if you do figure it out yourself you're much more likely to be able to apply that knowledge to real world experiences.

That YT link I posted will help as well though, at least to show you what they all should look like.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post

W00t!
                You must be happy - that photo is pretty shaky - hope you weren't fiddling with yourself in a fit of joy, Daz!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                  Oh and where is my Ken pad from Amazon?!?
                  I ordered a Chun-Li one, they sent me a Ryu one. Sod sending it back though, that could take ages.

Comment

For those struggling to get a win on SFIV, ill let you know in advance, once I get home tonight there will be a very easy target to rack wins up against

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                      All your people that have issues with Ken just need to learn how to block better, that's all
                      But some are in it for the chip damage! Poor Zangy

Comment

I cant even get an online game now due to the classic 8002AD23 error i always get, should of got this for xbox..

Comment

I think i might be a little bit gay i can't stop singing the "Indestructable" song haha

Comment

I just chucked my stick across the room after trying to beat seth for the hundredth time. I haven't chucked a controller in more than 10 years. The guy is c**t plain and simple.

Comment

No, we're all at it. It's just over played in this.

All together now... In-de-structable! mananaanannaaama-na.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                                I just chucked my stick across the room after trying to beat seth for the hundredth time. I haven't chucked a controller in more than 10 years. The guy is c**t plain and simple.
                                And is the reason why I refuse to buy any more beat 'em ups with cheap final bosses - I just played it round my mates the other night for an hour or so.

Like I previously said, first it was Alpha 152 the Jinpachi and now Seth.

It's ridiculous and spoils the fun of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X