Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha!

I actually the song in english than the less annoying japanese maybe i'm a closet backstreet boys fan or something

Comment

Where's EA when you need them? They'd have let me pay 5 quid to unlock everything.

Not even gonna try as beating Seth won't make me in any way a better player. I'm just gonna choose a couple of characters and learn them as best I can. Probably Guile and... someone else, possibly Vega.

So, Single player SFIV = fail. Never mind.
      Last edited by Brad; 20-02-2009, 10:14.

Comment

Played a few hours last night, and I absolutely love it. I've unlocked Akuma and Gouken, and I have completed the game with about 3/4 of the characters now. I just put it on the easiest setting to do this (to prevent getting annoyed by cheap AI), I never liked SP in fighting games (because of cheap AI), it's all about VS/online play for me.

I haven't played any ranked matches yet, as I refuse to go online while I'm still forced to play with the 360 pad, I'm afraid the 360 pad won't survive when I start losing because the pad is not doing the moves I want it to do.....
        My fightpads have been shipped via Amazon, so I expect to have them this monday, so till that time I will do some practice to learn the basic moves from most characters and when the pads arrive I will give it some proper online play !

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
          Where's EA when you need them? They'd have let me pay 5 quid to unlock everything.

Not even gonna try as beating Seth won't make me in any way a better player. I'm just gonna choose a couple of characters and learn them as best I can. Probably Guile and... someone else, possibly Vega.

3 words

EasIEST, one round.

You'll have them on in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
            Played a few hours last night, and I absolutely love it. I've unlocked Akuma and Gouken, and I have completed the game with about 3/4 of the characters now. I just put it on the easiest setting to do this (to prevent getting annoyed by cheap AI), I never liked SP in fighting games (because of cheap AI), it's all about VS/online play for me.

I haven't played any ranked matches yet, as I refuse to go online while I'm still forced to play with the 360 pad, I'm afraid the 360 pad won't survive when I start losing because the pad is not doing the moves I want it to do.....
            My fightpads have been shipped via Amazon, so I expect to have them this monday, so till that time I will do some practice to learn the basic moves from most characters and when the pads arrive I will give it some proper online play !

Online was fine last night - I only had one match where anyone knew what they were doing and that was a Fei Long player.

The rest - leads to easy 10 streak win achievement. Ooh yeah as the Savage Man would say.

Comment

Loving this game right now even the ultra cheesy soundtrack is growing on me.

Not sure if I prefer the jap or eng word tho .

My stick arrived yest and what a difference it made.

I was really struggling online with the pad and not winning at all but last night I racked up 15 wins in a row with the stick goodness1.

Im well chufffed .

Seth is a pain in the arse big time but I found as long as you beat him in the first round you have time to beat him after he does his ultra cheap moves in the 2nd round.

3rd round is easier to beat him when its 1-1, he doesnt seem to do his cheapness alot in this round.
              Last edited by Robster; 20-02-2009, 10:53.

Comment

hmmm, I am tempted ofcourse to give it a go online asap.... might do it this evening, but it could mean the end of my current 360 pad....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current lobby system is only for player match online 1 on 1 ?
                if so, we really need an proper online lobby where can invite each other, as I can't wait to get online with this with a nice group of people, I need furious fighting and lots of trash talk !! OH YEAH !!

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post

I think you're forgetting Challenge mode. I've spent most of my single player life there so far. I did Arcade mode for unlocking characters. The AI fights apart from Seth, are challenging. Seth is classic old skool boss in my opinion. Cheap, hard, frustrating etc.

Comment

Why the hell do none of the LEDs light up on my SE Fightstick?!

Comment

Turbo lights?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                        Turbo lights?
                        Yeah, I tried them out with no joy apparently.

Maybe I'm just stupid.

Comment

Hold turbo button and press and an attack button.

Comment

Check you lot chucking a hissfy fit as you can't beat Seth! Yes he can be a pain in the ass, but he is the last boss. I expect him to put up a decent fight. He is FAR easier than Gill ever was.

Comment

I know what you mean Geo-V6, found that letting Seth take first round and then me coming back for final 2 is a lot easier way of beating him. There's probably nothing in it but thats what it feels like to me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                                And is the reason why I refuse to buy any more beat 'em ups with cheap final bosses - I just played it round my mates the other night for an hour or so.

Like I previously said, first it was Alpha 152 the Jinpachi and now Seth.

It's ridiculous and spoils the fun of the game.

Just stick to challange mode. Arcade mode is useless (as is the case with all vs. games) and I'm bored of it enough now not to unlock Seth as a playable character.

I might go for the reaching Gouken on hardest achievement one day though.

As for Seth difficulty I've actually had to give him a chance when trying to unlock Akuma/Gouken as I didn't want to score more than one perfect round, and that was on normal difficulty - what's the crack?

Comment

Working...
                                X