Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
    Had a bit of a hard time this evening on 1-2. I bought a helm from a vendor inside the bridge, then carried on up to the end of the bridge only to mauled by one of them glowy eye knights. Starting again to cross the bridge seem to causing me problems. I kept getting burnt to death by the dragon. After lots frustrating attempts, I removed my new helm... and guess what? I could out run the dragon breath again. duh!
    You really have to keep an eye on your equip weight. With my noble I wear my wizards coat, boots, legs if I have to do a load of running around, but when it comes down to fighting I break out the plate mail

Comment

Any tips on defeating the Tower Knight? I haven't yet returned to play it due to work, but some tips on avoiding that electricity he caught me with last time would be nice.

Comment

Use the battlements for cover after killing all the archers first

I'm on the run to the last boss now, but I've ran out of Ephemeral Stones (a Black Phantom killed me on my last try). I've had a glimpse of the final Demon, and it's looking like I'm going to need two other players and a full health bar to get close to beating him.

Protip: don't kill any of the NPC's - they don't come back. As I've found to my cost

Comment

Finally fired this up this evening, came back to the scene of my triumphant battle with the Tower Knight. Only it won't let me out the back into the next area.

Where am I supposed to be heading next then?

edit: Aha, the other archstones are now active, time to get killed by scary unknown demons
          Last edited by GordonJ; 17-03-2009, 22:24.

Comment

Think I'm gonna grind 1-1 to get more vital and strength. Then I think I can take Tower Knight and defo need more soul power for 2-1. Them trolly things with glowing hotrods are laughing at me and my axe

Comment

Bear in mind that the levels don't particularly go up in difficulty, they just focus on different aspects. Eg) 3-1 is as difficult as 4-1 etc.
              Last edited by Jashin; 18-03-2009, 12:12.

Comment

Finished the game with the considerable help of a couple of other players. Really, really enjoyed it. I ran out of Stones of Ephemeral Eyes for the last boss, so had to invade another players game to revive. The other player looked somewhat resigned to his fate, stood with his back to me, facing a wall, Blair Witch style, felt pretty bad about killing him, but I had little choice

Interestingly, since I killed an NPC, I went for the evil ending (which made my soul tendency black), a first for any game I've played, felt a bit weird. Bring on New Game +

Edit: arses, didn't get the gold trophy for the evil ending. Oh well.
                Last edited by Jashin; 18-03-2009, 12:04.

Comment

Happy Days. My 62GBP slice of digital lovin' arrived today. Of course I got hammered within 10 mins.
                  Jashin. You're in the know. If you have the time can you knock up a beginner's guide to the awesomeness. PM with it if you will, or spoiler.
                  I thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin View Post
                    Bear in mind that the levels don't particularly go up in difficulty, they just focus on different aspects. Eg) 3-1 is as difficult as 4-1 etc.
                    I find it easier to run around the castle in 1-1 than in 2-1 so far. Do I get higher amount of souls for a kill in 2-1 than in 1-1?

I plan to grind 1-1 in order to get more soul power. I managed to get the Tower Knight down to about just under half health on second attempt. Reckon I'll get him next time around with a bit more vital and things.

Will trap that red eyed knight down the stairs in 1-1 and then flame his bottom until he bleed souls

Comment

Ian - the wiki page here is by far the best resource for any queries, beginners or otherwise:

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin View Post
                        Protip: don't kill any of the NPC's - they don't come back. As I've found to my cost
                        Is it easy to kill them by accident? Are they easily confused with nasties?

Comment

No, not at all. I accidently swiped at one, who then chased after me. I knew I only had one boss demon to go, so I just thought I'd see what happened.

Comment

NCSX:
                            Demon's Souls Second Shipment Arrives - Update: March 19, 2009
                            The third batch of Demon's Souls (Asian) has shipped from Hong Kong and NCS expects delivery on Monday. All remaining backorders will ship on Monday along with new orders. Thanks.
                            Got an email to confirm my order is on its way, also.

Comment

hard, hard game, but brilliant

You will die ALOT trying to build decent stats

put about 20 hours into this so far and still only feel i'm scraping the surface

Comment

Yes, this... really is quite special, isn't it? It is basically a souped-up dungeon crawler, it's a little slapdash and nothing technically impressive - low-res textures, so-so animation, hilarious ragdoll physics - but there's something about the atmosphere and the little details and the slower, almost thoughtful pace that makes it stand out. A lot. So many touches you can pick out - the two-handed wielding, the balance, walls blocking your weapon, the online features, being able to turn the HUD off... I've only put a few hours in but for a first impression this feels right up there with Shiren as one of the best Roguelikes I've come across. Sony drop the ball yet again... maybe Ubi will pick it up after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X