No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's no where cheap to buy this is it? Cheapest I've found is £50 ish off ebay. looks like a game i need to play!

Comment

Yeah, good summary there Eight Rooks. Hope you enjoy it has much as I have. I've started a New Game +, and am finding it just as compelling the second time around. Met a friendly Black Phantom yesterday, a bit tense playing with them at first, as someone had to go in front on the narrow paths of the Tower of Latria, plenty of opportunities for a sneaky back stab until we trusted each other. In typical Demon's Souls style, we got a good way into the level before I plummeted to my doom in comedy fashion.

Comment

Mine's just been delivered!

I'm off for the week so will hopefully be able to get a bit of a play on this in the gaps between the inevitable gardening, decoration, building jobs that I seem to get from the family when ever I'm off work.

Comment

Combination of six straight days of work and too many other games mean I simply can't give this all the time I want - I will say that playing the first level of the Isle of Storms with the ICO soundtrack in the background is truly, truly magical. In a dark, grim, constantly threatening sort of a way.

Comment

BIG BALLS!!!

Big bloody rolling down the stairs stone balls that I wasn't expecting to be rolling down the stairs at me!!!

I've only played 30 minutes so far so I'm not in any sort of place to judge the game at the moment but I'm really impressed with how it's played so far. Really old fashioned school in some ways but I really wouldn't change that.

I've got into the habit of pressing square to attack for some reason and I need to work my way out of that straight away.

I don't know what the hell I'm doing in this at the moment and I'm fed up of reading "This is unfair, rate me" messages all over the place. I'm not really sure why people want their messages to be rated?

Comment

Noob sort out that button pressing.

Rating messages will give the messenger a bit of health, so there's a good chance you'd be helping the guy out. Personally, I only rate once in a while. I like to leave messages warning people of an ambush or stepping of a dodgy looking edge where a pick up lies.

Comment

I haven't actually left, or rated, a single message. I do appreciate the warnings, though.

I also like touching the bloodstains every now and then. Cheers me up a little to see the latest noooooblet fall victim to the ambush I already know is coming up.

Comment

Fell victim to a stalking Black Phantom this morning. Playing with a couple Blue Phantoms in the Shrine of Souls 2 area, I thought they'd killed the Black Phantom that had invaded, but no. Got 3/4 of the way through the level, knife to the back, dead. Hats off to the Black Phantom player though, it was expertly done. Got my revenge on the same player (MEFI) later on though, which was sweet.

My current pet hate is people who obviously disconnect their console when you're trying to invade their game. It's all part and parcel of the game, just live with it you babies.

I'd love to see a sequel to this, there's so much potential for developing the ideas it has. I wouldn't change the fundamental online aspects, which are really enjoyable and innovative. Same for the fighting system, particularly the weighty feeling. Some more expansive levels would help the PvP aspect though.
                  Last edited by Jashin; 23-03-2009, 10:49.

Comment

yeah, ncsx shipped mine today.They have another batch due later in the week, for anyone still not in there.

Comment

I desperately want to play this, but there's no way I'm paying current import prices.

Maybe I'll start a new Oblivion save to tide me over.

Comment

Likewise. I'm constantly on the look out for a cheap copy. Very tempted to just buy it as there's nothing else out till may now (that I'd want).

Comment

YAY YAY mines arrived this morning 10 45, well gonna have a coffee shoot some nazi zombies then get right into this will post comments tonight
                          HAPPY GAMING !!!

Comment

Been playing Kenzan more, but still going back to this off and on. Jesus, the plague area is terrifying in all senses of the word - narrow, elevated pathways (actual destructible fences along several of them, too!), enemies with massive range, darkness... I lost two or three thousand souls on that since I just couldn't get past one bit where you fall down into a house and then a small gang of them rush you in a tight space. Brrrrr. Still a whole lot of fun, though.

EDIT: And for my money this really is a lot like the game I'd wanted Oblivion to be - there's not that much story but I still find it more interesting and atmospheric than any Elder Scrolls title. Jesus, I respect Bethesda's talent but their flagship story-telling just bores the crap out of me.
                            Last edited by Eight Rooks; 24-03-2009, 10:07.

Comment

Well just gave this a good 2 hours and boy i gotta say it AWESOME it may not be the best looking game but gameplay rules and its so atmospheric and tension much better than RE5 (just like old RE days) as said it builds tension as you wonder shall i go on or go back to nexus you want to go on but are scared theres some huge F**** demon waiting for you around the corner
                              anybody in 2 minds over this its a sleeper hit its Rogue+ Oblivion+RE = Demon's Souls= AWESOME
                              HAPPY GAMING !!!
                              Last edited by MisterBubbles; 24-03-2009, 15:04.

Comment

15,000 souls or so lost on the Adjudicator. My God I'm going to gut that fat bast' one way or the other, I swear. Nearly had him, though - I couldn't last thirty seconds against the Tower Knight (one hit kills for the ) but ol' Mister Cleaver seems to be the next boss I actually stand a chance of taking down.

Level 20 with roughly eight, nine hours put in (I think), by the way.

EDIT: If there's one complaint I've got against the game I'd say - like Oblivion, funnily enough - it's a little too heavily weighted in favour of a jack-of-all-trades. I can't use a single bow with my stats right now and I'm really suffering for it. <_< (Actually I haven't found a single decent weapon I can use, period, beyond my bastard sword and mace.)
                                Last edited by Eight Rooks; 24-03-2009, 13:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X