No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh, ps3 knacked the other day 30 hours into this, last time my ps3 broke it was 25 hours into the US version. Not sure I can bring myself to start all over again but I'm sure i will...

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      Nope, it's a dedicated Thief's Ring for Black Phantoms.
      Nope. It reduces your visibility to black phantoms.

Originally posted by watusi View Post
      Sigh, ps3 knacked the other day 30 hours into this, last time my ps3 broke it was 25 hours into the US version. Not sure I can bring myself to start all over again but I'm sure i will...
      Meh, try losing 216 hours. You'd never go back then.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        Nope. It reduces your visibility to black phantoms.
        What I meant...

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
          What I meant...
          I knew that...
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            Meh, try losing 216 hours. You'd never go back then.
            I lost over 90 hours and hadn't synced my trophies in months. My stats just abut show that I completed the game and that's about it. Stupid inability to back up the game save.

Comment

its far cry from the convenience of swapping the hard drive over on the 360.

216 and 90 hours! That's some gaming. I feel slightly better now

Comment

I thought the 360 also had some games that didn't let you back up game saves?

Comment

Was fighting 3 red-eyed knights along with a load of regular enemies in 1-3 when I noticed a blue phantom spawn message on the floor. I quickly activated it. Moments later, the guy spawns and before he knows what's going down, one of the red-eyed knights has ran at him from behind, impaling him to death. "Welcome to my game", I thought. Apologies to that guy if you can hear me

Comment

I picked up the US version of this up at launch last year and only really gave it a quick blast before it went back on the shelf until I had some time to dedicate to it, but everything I read made me think this would be something I'd relish when that time came.

Sadly, it really doesn't seem to e panning out for me. I knew it was hard before going in and to be honest it's not the difficulty itself that I'm having a problem with. In fact, at first I was really getting into it. The opening castle level felt amazing. Fantastic atmosphere, creeping through the dimly lit corridors, shield raised waiting for the next monster to appear. Then came the Phalanx boss, which was taken down and now the game was properly about to begin I was told.

And this is where it's all gone wrong for me. Hours and hours have passed since Phalanx and I've not progressed a single bit since then. My meds are nearly totally depleted and I've long since lost the thousands of souls I built up and I'm struggling to get my head around the game's structure. I was not expecting 4 new levels up at once and now I don't know where I should be focussing on next. Every level I try seems completely beyond my character with even the routine enemies being a major struggle. 2 in particular contain monsters that can take me out before I even manage to lock on and the one stage that I seem able to progress with (Valley of something) seems to need meds for poison and plague. Plague especially as I can't get past the pit of rats now without becoming inflicted. Speaking to the vendors seems to show I need 2000 souls just to get a single plague removal item and right now I'm sitting at 0 with it taking a good amount of time to get up to the 500 mark.

Because I knew it was hard going into it I'm sort of left in a state of limbo with regards to being stuck. Is it because I'm just rubbish or am I actually attempting levels that are actually far beyond what I should be at this stage of the game. Because of the way the game just opened up all at once I honestly don't know. I would definitely have preferred the levels to have opened up more gradually so I know for sure that the path I'm struggling on is the correct one.

I hate to be so negative as I can totally see why people rate this so highly. That first level was simply amazing.

Comment

So have been farming 1-1? You should do that and get a good few thousand souls , then upgrade your weapons and get your heals back up, you are repairing your weapons every time you return to the nexus? If your strong enough farm 4-1 for souls and visit the maiden to improve your soul level, what class are you playing?? , once this is done i'd move onto 2-1, if you need more help visit

p.s go nowhere near the valley of defilement , your now way strong enough.
                      Last edited by MisterBubbles; 16-08-2010, 23:11.

Comment

Knowing what I do about how you approach games, it sounds like you may be missing something important. Your weapons and armour aren't broken are they? If you talk to the blacksmith in the nexus he will let you repair them.

The typical path people follow is to go clockwise up the stairs doing each archstone's next stage in turn. Some people do the second stage of Boletaria right after the first and the lower difficulty (plus the fact the game won't let you go any further) hints this may be the right choice as well.

edit - another thought, it's important to try out different weapons as the ones that work well in the first world may barely scratch the enemies in others. A good example of this would be the basic grunts in stonefang - piercing or magic weapons will slaughter them, but slashing weapons will take about a million hits to kill them (by which time they will have one-hit-killed a low soul level player)

As for the rats, don't even let them get close. The absolute best way to deal with them is a spell called Firespray that you won't have yet. If you don't have any kind of ranged magic available, use a crossbow. The plague removal items are fairly common drops in the next stage of the valley, but not the first.. so if you are infected it's game over basically. Got to agree with MisterBubbles though, because even if you could get past the rats you would be facing something the earlier parts of the stage have not prepared you for... not to say it's impossible (nothing is), but I wouldn't want to be trying to go any further without a good selection of attack options at my disposal.
                        Last edited by Darwock; 17-08-2010, 04:05.

Comment

Just downed dragon in 1.2 by pinging arrows at him until he got fed up.
                          Thrilling, that was.

fair point mr B, have spoilerified.
                          ...actually it wasnt quite as dull as i made out.

a couple of times i tried to position myself to read his heath bar and ended up getting singed to a crisp. currently farming reapers in 4.2 with arrows. 4000 souls a pop, with their shadowlurkers. bargain!

Last edited by Golgo; 17-08-2010, 20:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            Just downed dragon in 1.2 by pinging arrows at him until he got fed up.
                            Thrilling, that was.
                            Maybe this needs spoilered if anybody aint got that far , Si as its a good surprise some bits of it.

Comment

It is when you do it online and in body form - I had to fight off 4 invaders in the course of killing the dragon, nearly shat my pants when I had the dragon down to a sliver of health and another black phantom came to get me, could have wasted all the time and effort! One of my best memories though

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhh lets keep it a surprise, if i knew about it , it wouldn't have been so scary and thrilling all at the same time. Still remember 1st time at the bridge , whats that noise, OMFG , run ... oops too late, but bloody brilliant.
                                Last edited by MisterBubbles; 17-08-2010, 16:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X