Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melee is all I have developed really.

I can kill one of them but the second always seems to go into some kind of rage mode once he's below 50% HP and basically once he knocks me down with his charge attack I can't get back up in time to recover and he just repeats it until I'm dead.

Comment

There's an easy way to kill the Maneaters, but you need a decent bow and a good number of arrows.

The Maneaters have a very poor path detection. Once you're down to one Maneater, go to the center of the walkway, where the huge bracer is. What you have to do is to put the bracer between you and the Maneater, the monster will try to just walk toward you ignoring the bracer, effectively stopping on the other side.
      Take out your bow and aim for the head.
      The best spot is on one of the sides of the platform where the bracer rests, there's a tile higher than the rest of the floor which will allow you to take shoots without caring too much of the bracer.

Comment

Hmmm...the enemy pathfinding is one of the main weakpoints of this game.
        Although thankfully it makes it a bit easier to progress.

Comment

It has probably already been said, but the bad pathfinding of certain enemies is part of DS' charm.
          On the other hand, smaller enemies usually show better pathfinding routines than bosses.

Comment

The thing with Demon's souls is that everything in the game seems to work perfectly. The faults, as brioreos said, are a core part of the gameplay. If you fixed the pathfinding for example it would break the game really. I mean basically there is no AI but it doesn't matter. The lack of AI is what allows you to plan a strategy for getting through a section. I'd seriously pay £30 for DLC that opened that 6th archstone!

Comment

Should I really be getting killed in 2 hits by Old Hero?

Comment

Yes. If you hide behind the stairs in the back corner, where you find the toad-eye arrows he can't hit you. Use that to your advantage.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I tried that. Thought I was quite clever finding a hiding spot. Then he stuck his sword in the ground and killed me with his AOE explosion attack.

Comment

You need to get right into the corner. His attacks will just miss you by a whisker. It'll be scary, but you won't take any damage. Don't attack him too quickly either, then he'll never even work out where you are.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

God's Wrath, Firestorm or Fireball?

Comment

Fireball.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That was asked a page or two back - God's Wrath for gecko hunting and round the corner kills, Firestorm for boss battles, Fireball if you just want all the magic for the trophy (imo - it's too easy to dodge and not powerful enough to be worth more than the others).

If you ask me God's Wrath is the best without a doubt - huge damage and massive knock back makes it great for PvP as well.

Comment

I use God's Wrath twice per playthrough. Firestorm is too random, as you might hit nothing at all. Fireball is a better version of Soul Arrow for me.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That's why Firestorm is best saved for bosses - get close and you are guaranteed to hit. I can one hit kill the Leechmonger/Dirty Colossus with it, usually take out a Maneater/Old Hero in two hits... definitely not worth using it against an invader though as you will just burn your MP and likely not even hit such a small target. God's Wrath however will knock them clean off any nearby ledges

Comment

Lol, God's Wrath is funny in PvP. I'll have to try out your Firestorm findings for myself too.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X