Monster Hunter 3 (Tri-) - Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    For someone who has never played MH before - read my review [/shameless plug]
    I think Jimtendo and I have about 400 hours a piece on the NA version and still haven't gotten every piece of amour/weapon. On the JPN version I have another 400 hours...*cough*no life*cough*
    You're not wrong there.
    My game counter is around 420 hours or so. But I've not played it since mid-Sept. I'm too busy solo'ing Portable 3rd.

Originally posted by hush View Post
    I know i'm late to the hunt but i grab Tri as part of the gift card i got for christmas am planning on getting started on this tonight any tip for setting up a player would be helpful

thanks
    My weapon progression route was: great sword > lance > gunning.
    I only really started to gun when I wanted to clear a certain Urgent Quest when you hit Hunter Rank 50 and I didn't take up gunning until about 150 hours, and since then I've stuck with it as it's really enjoyable. However, it is expensive to maintain, as you're constantly buying/ making ammo. I wouldn't advise starting off gunning from the off, as it's quite overwhelming at first, as you have to contend with what gun parts go well with what, ammo varieties, and ideal distances to hit your Normal/ Pierce shots at.

Also bear in mind, once you eventually solo the singleplayer portion, some High Rank weapons and armours can only be attained from online.

Comment

Well pretty sad as Ninty announced that the Tri servers are closing on April the 30th. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...vers-to-close/

Comment

I stopped playing this. I was HR6. Donning jaggi armour. An cute looking cheesy cat pink ball helm made of jaggi. I stopped due to my first son being born, causing my gaming habit to slow right down and being limited to quick fix games. The selfish little rascals!

Anyway, today I threw it back on the old dusty Wii, and was lost. Didn't know what I was doing... It's been so long.

Must try and figure it out again. Really fancy playing it. It'll have to do until I can afford a WiiU or until they release a PC/PS3 version or something.

Comment

PS3 version exists already in Portable 3rd HD, and is cheaper these days as well.

Comment

Yeah, but tis all in Japanese, no?

Comment

Yep. The online is terribly organised anyway.

Comment

Sounds great!

Thinking of getting another 3DS

Comment

Go WiiU and DL. Basically the only game you'll ever need.*

*possibly

Comment

Anyone got some good tips for an MH noob? Most notibly a choice for weapon? Currently I'm up to rank 3 and I've just had the nastiest time trying to kill the bastard great wroggi using a bow and some coatings which never seem to last as long as you want them to. Just as I think I had it licked, it runs back to its nest like a girl to heal itself and this process was repeated about 3 times before it finally decided it wanted to die.

I'm also quite taken by the hunting horn atm, the speed boost song is nice and it's quite a powerful weapon to boot.

Also, is it worth buying the Wii U version in addition to the 3ds one? I really enjoyed playing the demo with the pro controller - should I sell my 3ds version?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      Go WiiU and DL. Basically the only game you'll ever need.*

*possibly
                      Sorry... DL?

Donster Lunter?

Comment

download?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                          download?
                          I thought this initially, but I didn't think you could download this game anywhere?

Comment

Not Tri, but 3U you can. On WiiU.

Comment

I want to. Is the wiiU dying or just startting to get it's freak on?

Comment

Dying? Not so far, plus some great releases coming up soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X