No announcement yet.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason I thought you could play the whole 1P game in co-op. Oh well.

Comment

i picked this up today am looking forward to playing

Comment

holy ****...........

just played through the first chapter and a bit of the second, the game is totally outstanding, i would be playing it right now but my god damn pad needs recharging.

i must have spent like the first 20min rolling about and looking on in awe at that snow.
        the graphics in general are by far and above the best ive seen to date.
        what actually grabbed me the most about the game this time round is that it has a lovely weight to it, it feels super solid(strange i know)and the animation is brilliant.

Comment

Ok this is excellent. I loved the first game and this is that turned up to 11 in every department. Played a couple of hours and am loving it to bits. My favourite dialog so far comes from the English dude:

Nate, guy above you, guy above you! *Nate pulls dude ove the edge and he falls into the sea below* Nate, guy below you, guy below you!

I was actually looking for an enemy

below me

! until I got the joke. Excellent stuff.

As other have said, this is a AAA Indiana Jones flick in videogame form.

Comment

Just to add my voice to the chorus of luuurve - brilliant. I'm up to 20-something, just about to head into

the temple, going after Lazarevic, for what I assume is the climax

. I really, really want to keep playing - sod sleep - but I have work later today oh God oh God oh God.

Yeah, it's not 'perfect', but it's shockingly close. So far I can only come up with minor nitpicks - I thought the flashback was actually somewhat underwhelming (my housemate had to replay the stealth section about twenty times!), the niggling little faults are still there (sorry, Teddy, the cover system isn't 'fixed' ), the AI aren't as good as something like Halo or Killzone, some of the firefights drag on a little too long (and I love Uncharted's gunplay), the graphics occasionally hover a little too close to the uncanny valley, and it's kind of disappointing that (story spoilers)

the game basically seems to be doing a retread of the first one's plot. Mystical artifacts make people kerrazy! Will those bad guys never learn, etc., etc.

But Christ, few other games ever have made my jaw drop like this. The technical excellence on display, the art design, the sound, the score, the acting - the gameplay, quirks and all, and the way the whole experience flows. It's like a goddamned book, not a movie, in that you need a concerted effort of will to stop. ****ing. Playing! Utterly mesmerising. As far as cinematic rollercoaster rides go, Infinity Ward have their work cut out for them.

Stupendous. I thought Demon's Souls would be my game of the year but this is running a very, very close second, and in many ways just blows it out of the water.

(And Teddy, sorry to have turned down multiplayer! I just want to finish the campaign first, is all...)

Comment

That's cool. I think full-on multiplayer will start sometime next week when people have finished the single player.

Weird you've had issues with the cover system. I honestly can't remember once during my playthrough when it failed!

Started again on hard last night. Had to, it's like a drug!

Comment

Just cleared Chapter 9 (Path of Light) up to 15 and it was some of the greatest gaming moments I've ever experienced one after another.

The entire puzzle with the lights was extremely well devised then everything that followed was pure, heart-pounding, adrenaline-fueld action.

The entire section when you

come out of the temple into the gunfight with the rain beating down looked incredible. The lighting and puddles on the floor was one of the most jaw dropping things I've ever seen. Then followed with the exhilerating fight through the destroyed town with Jeff on your shoulders (tense), the escape with Elena then the entire train section

Every moment was better than the last and I have only stopped playing for fear that eventually, I know this game will end some time.

Every so often a game comes along that you just feel is something special, a milestone that will be remembered for years to come and that everyone needs to experience at least once.

Titles like Super Mario World, Final Fantasy VII, Halo: Combat Evolved, Resident Evil 4 and Super Mario Galaxy. Games that have this undeniable X factor that you know you're playing something truly incredible.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of those games.

Comment

God, after getting off to a bit of a dodgy start in the
                  , this has turned into a gobsmackingly brilliant experience. I'm up to Chapter 22, so I guess I'm close to finishing it, and I just don't want it to end.

The combat has been a hell of a lot of fun. It was fun in the first game but it became too repetitive. Naughty Dog have mixed things up a bit more in the sequel. While the climbing bits and puzzles aren't particularly taxing, it's just nice to take a moment to have a breather. But it's not long before the pace of the game picks up again, and you're thrown into another firefight, with bad guys using the gorgeous and well designed environments to flank you, or you're thrust into a cinematic set-piece that really gets the adrenalin pumping. There have been two levels, the first on a
                  and another where you're

involved in a high speed pursuit, leaping from vehicle to vehicle

which have been two of the most exciting things I've ever experienced in videogaming.

I imagine the word 'cinematic' is going to pop up a lot when describing this game but modern action/adventure films are rarely this sweet.

Comment

Yeah, I cannot think of another promise made during development that's delivered as spectacularly as Naughty Dog's 'moving scenery'. Jesus, I thought the (Nepal spoiler)

helicopter bringing down the building

was badass enough, but then the train, and then the (late game spoilers)

vehicle chase

on top of that...? Unbelievably good.

Comment

This is simply WOW. It has everything and more. Just finished this after a late afternoon purchase yesterday and its been a joy to play. My GOTY which pushes the brilliant Batman of the top spot.

Comment

Some stats (on game completion)

Total Enemies Defeat: 905
                        Streak: 71
                        Restarts: 147 (lol)

Play Time: 9:27

Comment

93% done, after 2 mega epic sittings.

It's actually really bloody hard to stop playing the thing...I'm only here now because I've hit a tricky bit. The pace is just magical, it never lets up....Even the puzzles are pretty intense because of how atmospheric and majestic the scenery is.

Love it. Even the psychic enemies from the first have gone...so that's my main gripe taken care of.

If anyone fancies some multiplayer my PSN tag is crocochoc . I'm Johnny Headsetless at the mo, but some online games with the folks here would be much fun.

Comment

I take it if i play thro the game on crushing with one shot enemy kills and infinite ammo etc the achievement wont unlock on completion?

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                              I take it if i play thro the game on crushing with one shot enemy kills and infinite ammo etc the achievement wont unlock on completion?
                              I was wondering that myself!

Comment

if its like the first uncharted then you wont be able to use all the unlimited ammo's etc on the first playthrough of crushing.

Comment

Working...
                                X